Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-18-2008, 08:42 AM   #1
mcbruhn
Registered Users

Question Is your husband "nesting"?

My husband is SOOOOOOOOOO excited about having our first baby! He's seen our little "critter" on the ultrasound at two different visits now, and has already practiced cloth-diapering a teddy bear. He's going to be a fantastic dad.

Now that I've entered trimester #2, I think he's "nesting". We finished painting our spare room light yellow for the nursery in record time--mostly due to him obsessing over getting it done. And now (really cute), he wants to put up a white board in our kitchen with a list of all the things that need to be done before October! I had to talk him down from major projects this weekend because I'm throwing a baby shower for a friend and I need a spotless house.

Oh--and he is voluntarily putting his huge Lego collection away in the attic, because baby won't be able to play with them right away!

So anyone else seeing this symptom (or similar) in their hubby? I want stories!

Advertisement

Old 04-18-2008, 08:46 AM   #2
proudmommaof4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is your husband "nesting"?

haha, my husband told me to write him a honey do list of things to get done before the baby comes. This is our 4th and this is the only time he has ever wanted to get things done around the house and stuff.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:05 AM   #3
amberlina
Registered Users

My Mood:

haha. my boyfriend is the same way. not as bad as me, but he is always helping with things i dont expect. he made her a bunch of onsies and tees with iron on transfers on them, wants to learn how to crochet, and wants me to help him learn to using my sewing machine to sew stuff i make for her (diapers and dresses and such) so that i wont be making ALL of it. he also lays on my belly multiple times a day and talks to her. when he goes to leave for work he tells her good morning.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:33 AM   #4
Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, he is, and it's driving me nuts. But he's nesting in bizarro ways. Like he relandscaped the front yard and put in a new sprinkler system. WTF? And he's been going through all of the baby clothes we have and griping at me about getting them washed and put away for the new baby. We can't even get in to the nursery right now because he's been cleaning out the garage. I dunno, but it would be nice if he would just calm down, lol.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:48 AM   #5
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmommaof4 View Post
haha, my husband told me to write him a honey do list of things to get done before the baby comes. This is our 4th and this is the only time he has ever wanted to get things done around the house and stuff.
So funny! It is our fourth too and I hadn't realized my DH HAS been nesting until I saw this thread! With the others he didn't want to help get the house ready at all (to the point of me laying a tile floor alone!)

Thsi time around he has been doing lost of little things... fixing all the drawers that needed it,about to do the railing on the back deck,replacing faucets etc.Not stuff he normally does and I thought it was a little odd but I guess he IS nesting too He even let me go through all his clothes to get rid of items he has hung onto for years saying they will fit again someday.

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:27 AM   #6
two bricks shy
Registered Users

I didn't really think of it that way, but my husband has been nesting too. He's been organizing our oldest's play room, cleaning the garage of the stored stuff, and sprucing up our room.

All I can say is... GO HUBBY GO!
two bricks shy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 06:57 PM   #7
mcbruhn
Registered Users

Smile Re: Is your husband "nesting"?

Just a bump to see if we can get any more "nesting hubby" or "nesting partner" stories...
Old 04-18-2008, 09:34 PM   #8
julieanne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If any of you get sick of your nesting husbands you can send them my way!
julieanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 09:35 AM   #9
TNEarthMama
Registered Users
Formerly: taranbabyjayden
seller

My Mood:

Haha... My DH did the same thing when I was PG with DS...

This time around he does have a list of things to get done...
#1 was sell my xterra and get me a van - DONE
#2 finish the chicken coop and plant our gardens - half way done
#3 bring up baby clothes from downstairs for me
#4 clean up double stroller

Most of the baby stuff is left to me..
TNEarthMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:11 PM   #10
mcbruhn
Registered Users

Just an update: he bought a power washer today, and is washing our siding. Since we're hosting a baby shower tomorrow, it will be great to have a really clean looking house, but it's also pretty darn cute.

Clearly nesting behavior.