Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-20-2007, 02:40 PM   #21
erynn42
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: What is/was your 6mth old's favorite toy?

anything that ds can get in his hands, really becomes his favorite. we don't really have a lot of wooden toys, but these are what he "raves" over.

his pink breast cancer awareness duck. (really any, but some reason his prefers to chew on this one...it has a hat bill and a duck bill.. maybe the reason??)

anything with wheels. he loves to spin them.

if it's shiny or makes noise, it's a go. we have a metal can that ds loves to play with the lid. it's shiny and round and makes noise. and then the can itself is fun to roll all over the floor.

an orange. we gave him a clemintine orange the other day. he has no teeth, so he couldn't get any citris, but it fit perfect in his hands, and smelled nice too.

water bottles. he must have them as soon as he sees them. I've made from the small, 8 oz bottles "sensory" bottles. We put rice, soap, water, beads, etc in them to give him something to explore.

Advertisement

erynn42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:04 PM   #22
CourtneyinAlaska
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Avery's fave toy around 6mo was a fabric book we got at walmart. I think it was only $2 or $3. Several of the pages made a crinkeling noise and one had a sewn in squeeker. My fave part was that it was washable (like toss in with his clothes)!
Old 07-20-2007, 09:03 PM   #23
moni54
Registered Users

My DD loved Lamaze toys we found at ToyRUs. She picked them out herself and they are still a sure fire smile for her. She has the firefly and the dragonfly. I have heard lots of other moms give these toys great reviews, too.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:15 PM   #24
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yup, dd loved Lamaze toys~big lots has them too

And I have a Lamaze Octopus for sale right now if your interested

http://www.kohls.com/products/produc...)-_-DDI%20Link
its like that
Old 07-22-2007, 07:35 PM   #25
kerryg
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My son loves this rooster thing we have from Eden. And, a blue ring from a HABA kit, and of course anyhting he shouldn't have (paper, packing peanuts, and GRASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

ISO girly, medium sized pockets
kerryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 09:23 PM   #26
Kanga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have a drop and roar dinosaur that dd1 absolutely LOVED at the age and she STILL plays with it now at nearly 2 yo. I don't usually go for the obnoxious electronic toys but out of ALL the toys I've boughten for both dd's, this one is my absolute favorite. Dh balked at the cost at first but it was and is so well worth it considering she still plays with it. Of course about a week after I bought it, i found 2 at a local consignment shop for around $20.

I'd start with the basics first and then go off of what your dc likes. Lots of different balls with different textures, sizes, etc. (We're huge fans of the roll-a-round toys) A set or two of blocks, and ring stacker. Maybe a shape sorter. Your dc is probably too young to actually sort, but it can be a toy that will grow with him. We have one in the shape of a cement truck made by chico. The 'cement mixer' is the shape sorter and the truck has a string attatched so it can be a pull toy as well. I think the thing was under $10 and it's been another favorite.

ISO: GMD workhorse fitteds, Lil Joey, thirsties or similar quality girly newborn AIO, swaddelbees simplex, thirsties duo covers
Kanga is offline   Reply With Quote