Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-17-2007, 11:28 PM   #21
sahminaz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: sippy cup for breastfed baby?

My ds is almost 6 months and doesn't get a sippy on a regular basis yet. But he can drink out of my glass(water) and he loves my dds sigg bottle. I was going to order him a klean kanteen with sippy but he really likes the sigg. He has only had water, and not much as bf babies don't need it but he likes it. My dds never had a bottle ever and they really liked the gerber soft spouts with handles. That was before when we still used plastic. You may have to try a few before he finds his favorite.

Advertisement

Old 07-18-2007, 12:29 AM   #22
Michelle8903
Registered Users
seller

Nuby and Take and Toss have worked well with DD. She did not do well with any that had a valve. It was too hard for her to suck through.
Michelle8903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:19 AM   #23
Malania
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashandri View Post
My baby will not take a bottle no matter what I do so I want to try to transition to a sippy cup. Anyone have any ideas about what to by...brand...soft top...hard top...etc. THANKS
My youngest three loved (Devin- 13 months still loves) the Nuby Soft spout cups. Good luck!
And two in Heaven ^i^ Angel (9/23/2007) ^i^ Simon (1/4/2008)
Malania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:34 AM   #24
challdorson
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my dd is 8 months (on friday) and still wont take a sippy cup any suggestions.

my oldest daughter made the transition really really easy- but abigail just seems clueless as to what to do with it!
Old 07-18-2007, 07:39 AM   #25
princesspink
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We used the Nuby soft spout.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:41 AM   #26
Erica526
Registered Users
seller

My DD never wanted to take a bottle either, so we transitioned to a sippy cup around 9 months or so. We tried what seemed like a million sippy cups and her favority is definitely one with a straw. We like the Playtex ones, but I think anything with a straw is great.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:42 AM   #27
princesspink
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by challdorson View Post

my oldest daughter made the transition really really easy- but abigail just seems clueless as to what to do with it!
I'm guessing that you've tried the soft spouts and hard spouts?? Maybe try the straw kind? DS is now using the straws, but started out on the soft spout.

I've also heard of some babies going straight to a regular cup! If you are brave enough to try that.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:56 AM   #28
Ilikecloth
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezy6703 View Post
If you're not particular to certain components of the cup (plastic vs glass), Avent, Nuby, Gerber, Playtex, and maybe even more all make cups with soft spouts. IMO the soft spouts were much more gentle on their gums up until there's a good bit of teeth. Nuby was my favorite as far as the soft silicone spout, but once ds got older, the spouts needed replacing more often b/c it was easier to break down (meaning them chewing or biting down on them more..not them deteriorating). I liked avent probably next best b/c of the removable handles (not needing to buy seperate cups). Once he finally got the hang of tilting the cup right and sucking right he didn't care which one he got. Now we can use either hard or soft spout.

Good luck!
I second EVERYTHING she just said, we used the Nuby ones, and surprisingly the flow was slo enough for my DS who started to use it arond 6 months, but then we went to gerber brand w/ the soft spouts and they are wonderful too..but I DO NOT like the avent ones, its TOO slow...unless they have a weak suck reflex, it may be too slow for your DC also
Ilikecloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:04 AM   #29
zosiasmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We love our Nuby! We got it at Walmart for only a couple of dollars. I like the one with the straw as it is better for a breastfed baby than a spout. Here is the one like we got:
http://www.netkidswear.com/nubybabycup.html

Want to know about making money with ChaCha? Ask me!
I made $350 last month!Hits4Pay Want some Moola?
zosiasmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:15 AM   #30
jaceraden
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by challdorson View Post

DISCLAIMER: I'm just being honest so don't shoot the messenger!

My 4 month old DD won't take ANYTHING but boob. I have tried EVERYTHING! I am back to work now for 14-16 hour stretches and she starves (by her choice) until I get home. She knows how to use all the sippies, bottles, etc. but just WON'T.

My pedi says that he's seen this before that some babies are boob loyal and won't take anything else unless you start them really early and consistently. So all that hype about nipple confusion is what got me into this mess in the first place!

Start you LO early and consistently (like 3-4 weeks) or you might end up with a LO like mine who won't take anything even if it means starving for 4 days in a row!
jaceraden is offline   Reply With Quote