Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-19-2007, 02:40 AM   #21
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

Re: which potty chair? Does it really matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saradj View Post
We've had a Bjorn little potty for DD (18m) for a while now (note that while she enjoys sitting on the potty and reading for hours, nothing much has been deposited as of yet, but I hope it's coming!) Anyhow, it was getting a little small and slides around on the floor and sticks to her butt when she stands up (note to self: have to get a pic of that) so I just ordered the Bjorn Potty Chair from Amazon. It's great! It seems more supportive and doesn't slide around and looks easier to clean.
we have both of the Bjorn's and a seat for the big potty. We use them all actually and it's nice to have one in the bathroom and one that is portable, as well as be able to put her on the real potty, I think she has "gotten" it more since we got that one. You can never have too many pottys

Advertisement

& Baby Xo Oct. 2015!
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:51 AM   #22
tealeaf
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have this one:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

After learning what we did and didn't like about potty training & seats with my eldest two dc, this is why we bought this one:

- it is easy to clean - the little bowl is oval & empties easily and there are no cracks & crevices for pee to get into
- I can sit on it to wash the kids in the bath (our bath room is really tiny)
- We can put bath toys in storage in the sides
- dd can't pick it up to use as a stool (we have a tiny plastic stool)
- dd can't lift out the bowl after she's used it and bring it to me to show me her pee pee (spilling all the way through the house)
- my son was afraid of sitting on the big potty, even on a cushion insert, for a long, long time
- dd and I (or one of my other kids) can 'go' at the same time. This was essential to training my eldest dd, as she would only 'go' if you raced her to the bathroom to see who could go pee pee first.
- its darn cute!

Old 07-19-2007, 09:06 AM   #23
Weezy6703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh I love this...I need to get one where he can't lift the bowl out. I didnt' know that would be a problem when we bought it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealeaf View Post
We have this one:

After learning what we did and didn't like about potty training & seats with my eldest two dc, this is why we bought this one:

- it is easy to clean - the little bowl is oval & empties easily and there are no cracks & crevices for pee to get into
- dd can't lift out the bowl after she's used it and bring it to me to show me her pee pee (spilling all the way through the house)
- my son was afraid of sitting on the big potty, even on a cushion insert, for a long, long time
- dd and I (or one of my other kids) can 'go' at the same time. This was essential to training my eldest dd, as she would only 'go' if you raced her to the bathroom to see who could go pee pee first.
- its darn cute!

Old 07-19-2007, 10:19 AM   #24
dluciew
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealeaf View Post
We have this one:

- its darn cute!

Does this work well for boys?
Old 07-20-2007, 12:06 AM   #25
Leximom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our main potty right now is the boon. And I like that one a lot I got a baby bjorn little potty knock off at target on clearance for $2 and of course she totally preferred that one in the beginning I think that potty is perfect in every way for a new potty learner and it's still cheap even if you get the actual Bjorn brand. We have a padded toilet seat insert too. Lexi was wanting to use that for each potty trip, but I have to help her a lot more with everything not that don't want to, but I usually am holding Emma in one hand so things can get pretty messy
Old 07-20-2007, 09:19 AM   #26
fsufan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just got the royal potty chair and my ds loves it. the music doesn't bother us because ds really loves it and is so proud of himself when it plays the music when he goes potty. I think it's cute, but is kinda small .
Old 07-20-2007, 10:04 AM   #27
hfitz5051
Let the rabbits wear glasses!
seller

My Mood:

I have always just bought the cheaper one. First years I think. It comes apart then into a stool and seat you put on the potty.
But, Hazel won't use it. She has 2 big sisters and she only wants on the big potty like them. So we use the stool part only. She won't even have the seat you put on the big potty.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:30 PM   #28
tealeaf
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dluciew View Post
Does this work well for boys?
I don't know - I've only tried it with dd. There are reviews on Amazon and I think epinions.com. Someone complained about it being too small for a 3-4 year old, but by the time my big kids were that age, they were using a grown up toilet with an insert, so that wouldn't be an issue at my house.