Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-22-2007, 08:14 PM   #1
MommaBelt
waiting on response to fsot issue 4/11

Back to work WWYD?

SO I have a job offer that is pretty decent. It's going to mean a full 40 hour work week, and It will make me the primary bread winner, something we really need right now. I have the choice of second or third shift. There are obvious pros and cons of both

2nd ( 3:30 -12pm)
pros:
same schedules as Josh, kids can play with their cousin ( SIL is watching them), I can easily go to school in the morning on Mondays and Wednesdays like I had planned for the fall
cons:
Wont be at home for bedtime for the kids, and we will have to pick them up from SIL's house and take them home. Savannah and nursing ( I will miss a few feedings)

3rd shift ( 11:30-8am)
Pros: I ll be at home most of the day, we wont HAVE to pay for daycare, I can enjoy all the nighttime duties of parenting, I may still be able to swing school on Mon-wed.. but I'm not sure because they are early morning classes

cons: Josh cannot wake up when the baby crys so Savannah may still need a sitter, Ill be asleep during the morning hours, which leaves Josh to care for the kids all morning until HE goes to work ( he needs to be able to get some things done which wont be easily feesable, unless the kids go to the sitter, which would be ok too)

as a side note my son has autism and will be going to Occupational therapy and Speech therapy as well as a preschool ( I have my choice of that for him to take half day afternoon or morning classes) and My other daughter is in Early intervention classes on Mon&wed mornings. The bus is provided for both kids.

so

wwyd?

Advertisement

MommaBelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 09:14 PM   #2
mom2madison06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Back to work WWYD?

#1 sounded a little more positive, I think. IDK, though. There's no possibility of doing a 1/2 and 1/2, is there?

Elizabeth.
DD 7/2006, DSS 4/2008, DSS 3/2010, and Rose arrived after unmedicated birth on 4/9/2017!

mom2madison06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 10:02 PM   #3
carleyann'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Back to work WWYD?

I say evenings that way you get some kind of sleep..I don't know how you do on overnight but I did a week while a student and it made me crazy. It is hard to get any sleep during the day because well everyone else is up, it is light outside and there was always some kind of outside noise that bothered me. Evenings are great because when you get home you will need to unwind a bit so perfect time to get housework or time to yourself stuff done. And like you said you can still go to school in the AM. HTH
carleyann'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote