Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-23-2014, 09:54 AM   #1
nannorie85
Registered Users
seller
seller

Bulge above incision

So I just had my little girl 9 days ago and recovery has been going wonderfully except now I'm noticing a firm, tender bulge right above and the length of my incision. I am so upset about it, which I know is probably irrational as I'm still early post-op. I just want to put this surgery behind me and go back to being my normal self. Ofcorse it is the weekend so I can't call my doctor. Has anyone else had anything similar? What can I do to help it go away or what can I stop doing to keep from making it worse? I hope I don't sound superficial worrying about, obviously I know healing takes time, and as long as that is all it really needs I'll stop worrying. Just hoping I can help it along a little...

Advertisement

Old 03-23-2014, 12:05 PM   #2
myoo
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Bulge above incision

Sounds like it's probably just the c-section "pouch". I'm not sure it ever completely disappears, but it does get better over time. Just one of the blessings that comes with a c/s. :/
Old 03-23-2014, 12:18 PM   #3
Hum Bums
Registered Users
seller
seller

I still have a bulge from both of mine. I always thought it was just scar tissue. Then right above that is a little dip and then my "kangaroo pouch". It's gross. I sympathize. My advice is to get and abdominal binder/support. It will help your belly go back to normal. I didn't wear anything after my first C & only wore one half the time with C #2. I plan to wear it religiously this time around.
Voluntarily left Mod duties due to busy life!
Hum Bums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:28 PM   #4
mugsywebb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ya I still have mine almost 7 years later. This time I'm planning on wearing a binder and hope it helps my stomach heal and go back to normal faster.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:05 PM   #5
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Keep in mind, they had to close incisions in your uterus, abdominal wall, and the external incision, so you have 3 layers of healing incisions. Scar tissue is forming throughout. Unless your pain is getting worse, I'd think this is in the realm of normal healing. I personally don't have a thick, bulgy scar (though a friend does), but I do have a lot of loose skin & stretch marks (the friend does not). Everybody heals differently.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:55 PM   #6
nannorie85
Registered Users
seller
seller

Okay. I don't know whether to be glad it's normal or even more sad about it since it seems there's not much hope of it going away. They gave me a binder at the hospital and now I really wish I had put it on immediately! I will start wearing it now and hope it will work a miracle! Thank you ladies. I was paranoid about tearing with a vaginal birth but I guess I dodged that bullet for this one. :/
Old 03-25-2014, 06:45 AM   #7
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yep, try the binder. I didn't wear it much at the hospital, but pretty regularly once I got home, up to about a month pp. It helped a lot w/ mobility, as well as getting that swelling & puffiness down.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:36 AM   #8
SybilP
Registered Users

I've had lots of issues with my C-sections, but it does get better. It's been almost 4 years since my last C-section (and only 2 months until my next one!), and I rub a mixture of coconut oil, vitamin E oil, aloe vera, and a few essential oils after every shower. It looks a heck of a lot better than it did, especially considering that I've had 2 C-sections, and a hematoma removal along the same incision. Exercising also helps break up internal scar tissue. It is excruciating and I almost went to the hospital, but my father-in-law was the athletic trainer at the university here and said he sees it all the time in athletes. It breaks up while you exercise, causes a lot of pain, then shows up as a yellowish bruise on the surface a few days later. I hope that helps.
Old 04-14-2014, 03:33 PM   #9
ana3621
Registered Users
seller

I'm so glad I read this!!! I had a hematoma after my last c section that opened my incision. I had an open wound that had to be packed twice daily for a month!! It was completely closed after a month which I was told was very fast for the extent of the injury, but now I have a little bulge right above the incision which was not there after my first c section
ana3621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 02:33 PM   #10
mom2landoandcolt
Registered Users
seller

I'm also 7 years out and my little pouch is still there. It's definitely gotten better, but I still notice it. My husband is the sweetest guy and acts like he can't even tell. I have a little 2 inch section of scar tissue that really dips in. That is the weird one for me. These are scars from one of the greatest loves of my life and now I am actually proud of them. They tell a story about my little man and a bond we have forever.
mom2landoandcolt is offline   Reply With Quote