Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-14-2013, 10:22 PM   #21
mom2kaydncolt
Registered Users
seller

Re: So freaked out! Any reassurance?

Generally speaking for a c section they do spinal which is different from an epi. I seriously just learned the difference in my fifth pregnancy. Seriously though c section are obviously different but they aren't the end of the world. I really over thought the whole process this go around and it was a really great experience, music in the OR, got to hold the baby as soon as manageable, just a great experience. I looked up c section birth plans, spoke to my ob about what I wanted and I absolutely love my hospital.

Advertisement

Old 09-18-2014, 11:51 AM   #22
Seungah21
Registered Users

Wink Re: So freaked out! Any reassurance?

I was so stressed out about a possible c-section with twins, and lucky me...my labor was not progressing, so c-section it was after 48 hours of labor. To my surprise, the surgery was painless, the recovery was only bad the first two days (the first trip to the bathroom is a doozy...don't let your bladder get too full!), and after that, take ALL your meds on time and you'll be walking the halls by the second to third day. I was off my narcs by week two, and only on Motrin for another week. Take it easy, and it's really not that bad. I would definitely go c-section again if I got pregnant again. Laboring was more painful!
Seungah21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 05:12 PM   #23
Addicted2Chocolate
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm scheduling a c-section at Christmas time for this kiddo. Our almost 4 year old who was a vbac got stuck when I was 7cm because she turned and came out sunny side up. Huge disaster for my girl parts and I refuse to risk any more damage internally or externally. I was in so much pain after giving birth last time that I felt like I had had a c-section via my crotch without the benefit of pain meds. I could not sit for 2 weeks and I couldn't stand for more than a few minutes at a time due to the pain.
Addicted2Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 05:08 PM   #24
nellie16
Registered Users
seller

I was really scarred too but in all honesty, I hopped up on the table and it went beautifully. I think it was as good as it could've gotten as a c section. I was calm, everyone was calm and we just talked through the whole thing with some 80s music in the background. My son entered the world and it was just as great of a moment as it was with my first who was born vaginally.
nellie16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 05:20 PM   #25
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:
How did it go mama!?
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 06:38 PM   #26
babyfever2012
Registered Users
seller
seller

I did a repeat c-section and don't regret it for a second. I was so freaked out my entire pregnancy over if I should have a repeat or not. I read tons of information on vbac vs repeat and I talked to numerous friends and did some soul searching on the matter. My gut was telling me to do a repeat c-section. And, that could have been for a reason. We are alive, happy, and healthy so I am very glad I went with the repeat!

Please visit me on Ebay.
babyfever2012 is offline   Reply With Quote