Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-19-2015, 12:36 AM   #1
tiffCMR78
Registered Users
seller

Post c section abdominal support

Hey Ladies

Has anyone used one of those abdominal support garments post C? If so, can you recommend brands? Do you wear them like...on day 2 or just before you go home? I have bigger hips and I'm wondering how they don't just ride up and become annoying. Please share any tips and tricks and recommendations please

Advertisement

tiffCMR78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 05:45 AM   #2
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Post c section abdominal support

They come in a variety of sizes, circumference & height. I spanned 2 sizes while wearing mine. I wore whatever was supplied by the hospital, then ordered one that looked the same from Amazon when I needed a smaller size; it was about $25. I didn't really have any problem w/ the bottom rolling up. The hospital gave me one that was 9". I ordered mine in 12" height, but it was too long. I'm 5'6" & have a long torso, so I felt like I wanted longer than 9", but there's no in-between size. I started wearing mine day 2 & wore it most of my awake hours for maybe 3-4 weeks. I do wish I'd kept it up longer...I don't know that it would have made a difference, but the binder won't hurt you & longer wear might have improved my diastasis, which is still quite pronounced at 14mos PP.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:57 PM   #3
Tshebby
Registered Users
seller

I never used one with either of my two c sections. I did, however like any yoga type pant that had a wide and flat waist band.
Tshebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 02:49 PM   #4
Keiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I used the one the hospital provided me, just a wide band that velcros. I wore it for probably 2 weeks after my c-section. The nurses gave it to me the day after my surgery once I was able to get up and walk around. I felt it helped immensely. Not sure of other options though as I just used the one they gave me.

Waldorf dolls and Natural toys for your little Keiki
Visit my blog where I post kid friendly crafts, recipes, reviews, giveaways and more! Sequins and Scribbles

Mama to Annamarie (7/11) and Felicity (8/15)
Keiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 11:35 PM   #5
jenw93619
Registered Users
seller

I loved the high waist c-section panty. It's $$ but so worth it. I think the brand was c panty.
jenw93619 is offline   Reply With Quote