Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-19-2013, 06:11 PM   #131
Marbie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I shower every other day, any longer and my hair gets too greasy. I keep dry shampoo on hand for emergencies.

Advertisement

Marbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:14 PM   #132
mom2jirms
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I shower everyday. Have to otherwise I wouldn't feel human. Kids everyday as well.

I wanted to add showering before dtd is not a mood killer. What would be a mood killer is smelling something foul. YUCK I guess I have a very strong sense of smell.

Last edited by mom2jirms; 01-19-2013 at 06:26 PM.
mom2jirms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:16 PM   #133
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Re: how often do you shower/bathe?

Ever since going no-poo almost 2 years ago, I don't have to shower nearly as much. Like my hair would feel so gross I would have to wash it daily so I may as well shower.
Now, I shower every 3 days, I guess. If I'm working out, it's more often. baby, once a week, toddler once or twice a week. dh does daily but he never has bo, even if he misses a day. my teens, every day for sports, if not, every other or so.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:27 PM   #134
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

Dh and i usually shower every night before bed. Some nights I'm way too tired and just roll in without one, but if that's the case I'll usually shower sometime in the morning.

DD1 I try to bath every other night, but sometimes she only gets a bath once or twice a week. DD2 gets bathed only when she needs it.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:56 PM   #135
okiemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbie View Post
I shower every other day, any longer and my hair gets too greasy. I keep dry shampoo on hand for emergencies.
Coincidently I found an awesome recipe today for powder shampoo I've never been able to use corn starch or arrow root because I have dark hair and it looks funky afterwards. The recipe is two tablespoons of cornstarch or arrow root powder with two tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder it makes it dark brown so it matches my hair. So it doesn't look funky and it absorbs the oil then I used the blow dryer on cool to blow out the extra powder worked awesome!
Old 01-19-2013, 07:09 PM   #136
hokoonchi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OMG my hair is an insane grease pile if I don't shower every day. Gotta do it daily.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:42 PM   #137
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I shower at least once a day. Many days I shower twice a day because it's how I wake up in the morning and how I shift into "evening" mode too. I wash my hair almost every time. I shave every day too, legs sometimes every other day. I wash my face every time I shower and brush my teeth at least twice a day, more often if I feel like I should.

I don't necessarily do it because my body needs me to as someone posted above. It's how I am most comfortable and helps me to present the image I want to present to others-I'm cleanly, odor free, etc.

Last edited by Spunkify; 01-19-2013 at 07:46 PM.
Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:19 AM   #138
EarthMother777
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I haven't read all of the posts so I don't know where everyone stands on this but we do things quite differently around here. On a regular week assuming I'm not cleaning cow crap out of barns I take a bath 2 times a week at the most. I don't shampoo my hair anymore, it too awhile but my hair looks fine. And I just wash my body with a wash cloth, I try not to use soap anymore. I do of course wash my hands with soap after touching dirty stuff. But other than that I'm not really dirty.
I think taking excessive showers is not good for the healthy bacteria that is suppose to grow on our skin and protect it. I think over bathing causes people to stink more thus they bath more and use more products, it's a cycle.
But seriously ( other than working out and rolling in mud) what do you do that makes you so dirty as to justify using 20-30 gallons of water a day on bathing alone?
Now in regards to swamp but, thank goodness I don't know what that feels like. If I feel like my but or yoni need a little extra cleaning that I use a warm damp wash cloth. That's easy enough.
I have a female roommate who baths every.fricken.day. It drives my nuts, she does nothing to get dirty. She is essentially using tons of water to clean her already clean body. And she tells me she has skin problems... Uh of course she does, she doesn't give her body anytime to grow the protective skin bacteria.
Just my very opinionated opinion.
TTC baby #3
EarthMother777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:02 AM   #139
megs715
Registered Users
seller
seller

I shower every day, sometimes twice a day (especially if it is cold, then I 'll shower to warm up before I go to bed), wash my hair at least once a day, etc. My kids either bathe or shower daily as well. The littlest one that is still in diapers is usually showered or bathed in the morning (but sometimes at night too if she is gross from dinner or painting or whatever) and my kindergartener in the evening so there is no rush for the bus.
megs715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:08 AM   #140
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

Swamp butt!

I try to only wash my hair 3 times a week at most. Sometimes it's two, sometimes it's four. I used to wash my hair every day I worked out and it got so gross from oil over production and it took about three months of not washing daily to go back to normal. I won't do that again!

I do shower my body at least every day, if not every other day. I'd get swamp butt for sure!