Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-07-2013, 09:50 AM   #1
alyxmegan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
35 week question

The only maternity doctors office is so packed that they had to call me and change me back to once every 2 weeks instead of weekly because one of the 4 available drs/midwifes quit without notice. I am concerned because I feel like DS has been moving a lot less the last few days. Is this normal? It's my first pregnancy so I'm not sure what is normal! Thanks!

Advertisement

alyxmegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:59 AM   #2
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyxmegan
The only maternity doctors office is so packed that they had to call me and change me back to once every 2 weeks instead of weekly because one of the 4 available drs/midwifes quit without notice. I am concerned because I feel like DS has been moving a lot less the last few days. Is this normal? It's my first pregnancy so I'm not sure what is normal! Thanks!
Yes, it's normal. Baby is just running out of room in there.
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:23 AM   #3
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 35 week question

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaDeanette View Post
Yes, it's normal. Baby is just running out of room in there.
this!
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! 2T Nght Fitted Trainer, XL Wool Soaker, Baby Wearing
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:04 PM   #4
Blessed momma
Registered Users
seller

My girl always moved a lot...even during birth..she came out moving turning her head from side to side . If your concerned go to the doctors...they will do a quick nst and Doppler for heartbeat.
Blessed momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:42 PM   #5
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

I don't agree. Both my boys have always moved a ton. The movements didn't get weaker or slow down in frequency. I always hear the "out of room" thing but have not found it to be true, and honesty it's scary how many people tell others it's normal. My OB has had me come in for NST's with my boys when movement went way down suddenly. She said people have come in days later thinking baby was just too big or "sleepy" only to find out baby died. I would never take that risk personally.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:15 PM   #6
eahcapemay
Registered Users
seller
seller

Everyone warned me baby would move less towards the end. It still freaked me out when it happened. You can drink a sugary drink and sit in a dark room and count movements. I think you're suppose to be able to feel 6 an hour?
Old 05-07-2013, 01:23 PM   #7
Mommyto2B2G
Registered Users
Formerly: **kau*
seller

My Mood:

It depends. He may be sleeping or you may have gotten used to it so you aren't noticing it as much. I like to have a kick counter on my phone to just pull up and use when I think oh shes kind of quiet... I can suggest mine if you use an iphone. The rule is 10 kicks in 2 hours. I just drink ice cold water and play around with my belly a bit.
Mommyto2B2G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:16 PM   #8
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

True, moving less and not moving at all are 2 different things. I agree with counting the kicks as well as telling the dr your concern whichever makes you feel comfortable. Near the end I believe I was suppose to keep count of kicks myself and I think it was write down everyday when I got to a certain number. I don't remember exactly though...
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! 2T Nght Fitted Trainer, XL Wool Soaker, Baby Wearing
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #9
poohbear1208
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyxmegan
Their movements may become more stifled due to the lack of room, but I can't say I have noticed my babies move less towards the end. More rolling sort of movement vs the strong kicks.....
poohbear1208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:27 PM   #10
alyxmegan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear1208

Their movements may become more stifled due to the lack of room, but I can't say I have noticed my babies move less towards the end. More rolling sort of movement vs the strong kicks.....
That's what I'm feeling. Less kicks and jabs. More subtle rolling movement. I'll do a count and make sure he is moving enough. If not ill call to just get an nst. But like I said the office is crazy packed :/
alyxmegan is offline   Reply With Quote