Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-31-2015, 03:07 PM   #111
Hilo80
Registered Users

Re: Packed Lunches

Quote:
Originally Posted by haileykey View Post
Some tricks that I use to make things go farther
Is I always make my own jellos, pudding, etc and put the in a container we have rather than buying the pre packaged ones.
Or on grocery day I always buy a big thing of grapes or strawberries or peanuts and then I divide them into ziploc baggies for individual servings.
We go through a lot of raisins string cheese and yogurt for lunches to....
Another thing I make is my own trail mix for a little snack.
What do you put in your trail mix?

Advertisement

Hilo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 02:16 PM   #112
Sara Slipper Socks
Registered Users

We go bento style a lot too. The kids have Yumboxes so they don't have to struggle with opening various containers. We pack a veg (edamame, carrots, peas, jicama, salad greens if they have a pink stem so DD will eat them, anything leftover...), a fruit (sometimes I pull from the freezer and they're thawed by lunchtime), and some main - leftover, hardboiled eggs, rice cakes and quacamole, crackers and cheese, apples sliced with nut butter and raisins spread between the slices. I try to avoid sending the same thing 2 days in a row.
That said, it's funny to see what comes back eaten and what not. I pack identical lunches for the 2 kids. Often one will eat all of the sandwich but little fruit/veg, and the other does the opposite. There's no predicting what will work and what won't.
Sara Slipper Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 01:52 PM   #113
trytry38ever
Registered Users

Quesadillas are easy to make and taste fine cold, warm meals we do beans, corn, a meat, and rice in layers it's super good and filling for lunch, speghetti is good cold or hot, homemade chicken soup, left overs if there is any.
trytry38ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 10:38 AM   #114
Monika
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My older one also loves the plain ole routine - sandwich with turkey, apple, chips, drink and whatever else I add for snack (popcorn, string cheese, fruit snacks). I tried to change it up but it did not go over well.
Monika is offline   Reply With Quote