Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-27-2013, 10:33 PM   #1
BootsNBuckles
Registered Users

Same Sex Mothers and Pregnancy

I have 3 girls from a prior marriage and my partner and I are looking forward to another child in a few years. How did you go about conceiving? Any tips on explanations to naysayers?

Advertisement

Brittany , Student and Wife to Omar , Proud parents of 3 girls, M, 9, J, 7 & E, 5 and hoping for bean #4 very soon! Team BLUE
BootsNBuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:30 PM   #2
Helloloni
Registered Users
seller

This post seems a little old but I have some tips! Are you going with a bank or a donor? We used a known donor. After charting my cycle on Fertility Friend, looking for ferning on a glass slide under a microscope, and using OPKS for a few months, we met with our donor two days before and one day after my suspected ovulation day. He ejaculated in a Tupperware and we left; we kept the semen at body temperature until we were comfortable for insemination and then my partner used an oral syringe (like a kid's Tylenol dispenser?) and inserted the liquified semen. I stayed on my back with my hips propped up for about an hour and then we went about our business as usual. I also orgasmed (which is hard because sperm just isn't sexy to me and I don't want it in me and I don't like the looks or smell of it haha). Anyway, it worked. Positive test 12 days later, beautiful baby girl 9 months following. We're trying for baby #2 NEXT WEEK!
Helloloni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:23 PM   #3
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Same Sex Mothers and Pregnancy

DP & I used an RE & donor sperm. DP got pregnant w/ DD via IUI; I went through IUI & got pregnant w/ these girls on the 2nd cycle of IVF...same donor.

DP & I had been together for over 10 years before DD was born...we had already gone through foster parenting a bit. Between that & our professions, we didn't get any really negative comments, especially since we live in a pretty progressive state & had a well-established network of supportive friends.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:25 AM   #4
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

for both DS and the baby Im pregnant with now.. we did IVF using a the same donor from a bank.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:34 AM   #5
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My friend used ivf from a bank. There donor was from west coast and they are east coast. They were able to choose there donor from a long list if donors. They narrowed it down by what they wanted. They chose features that matched them best. Then that's how they got there list. Each file came with photos of donor.

It took them several cycles to get pregnant but they cuurrently have a beautiful 6 month old baby girl.

They will be doing it the same way again. My friends wife will carry the baby again and I believe my friend may want to carry eventually but won't atm bc of her job in law enforcement.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:34 AM   #6
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My friend used ivf from a bank. There donor was from west coast and they are east coast. They were able to choose there donor from a long list if donors. They narrowed it down by what they wanted. They chose features that matched them best. Then that's how they got there list. Each file came with photos of donor.

It took them several cycles to get pregnant but they cuurrently have a beautiful 6 month old baby girl.

They will be doing it the same way again. My friends wife will carry the baby again and I believe my friend may want to carry eventually but won't atm bc of her job in law enforcement.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:54 PM   #7
tiffanycreuz
Registered Users
seller

We got pregnant using fresh sperm from a donor and inseminated at home...it was successful on the second try!
tiffanycreuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:13 AM   #8
Helloloni
Registered Users
seller

We used the known donor registry to find a local person willing to be a donor. We got to know a really amazing and wonderful man and we used his fresh semen at home to inseminate. We were successful on the *first* try and had a daughter. One year later we were successful again on the first try and are due with our son in May.

We love having a known donor; he's met our daughter and will always have a relationship with our children. It was something that was important to us, as my partner is adopted and I have never met my birth father. I feel that we all want to know where we come from and this way, if my kids have questions, Randy is a phone call away.
Helloloni is offline   Reply With Quote