Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-30-2013, 07:21 PM   #21
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Children Before Marriage

I was 6 moths PG when I married my ex (we had already had the date planned before we got PG) and 6 months PG when I marred DH (he agreed to marry me after I got PG lol We planned on married near our 1 year anniversary)

Advertisement

KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:23 PM   #22
gingermum
Registered Users

Our son was born on our two year anniversary. My previous relationship was seven years and ended terribly, so I think time only matters so much. We're incredibly happy and planning on getting married next year, and it'll be amazing to have our buddy there with us.
gingermum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:23 PM   #23
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by umphreysmommy View Post
Not sure if you are young or not but I have a few friends that all got pregnant in their late teens/early twenties and ended marrying the father years later. Odds are just odds they don't mean anything to an individual.
I have a friend who panicked when his now wife got pregnant and split. He met her again like twenty years later and fell back in love and they are happily married. Hes getting to know his son as an adult.

Op, we have gotten a lot of crap about how we need to get married. ..its partially what's turned us off of marriage in general. We get it especially from my divorced grandparents. So logical.
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:36 PM   #24
Dan_yell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had my first before I got married. I was engaged at the time, though (to the same man). We got married 3 years later and have since had two more together.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:31 PM   #25
7 for now
Registered Users
seller

We have definitely beat the odds. I got pregnant with our oldest when I was 18 and he 21. We had been together since I was 15. We got married when dd was 16 months old. We have had 8 more kids and been married 19 years now.

It was hard at first, we were both in college. I had to quit because he only had one more year and we couldn't afford tuition for both of us. We worked opposite shifts for about a year until he finished college. He also worked full time while going to school full time. An back then there were no online classes. He had to physically be on campus for all classes.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
7 for now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:38 PM   #26
blackbirdmama*3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We got married when ds1 was 10 months old. We had always talked about it and decided that was the right time. We will be together 14 years October 17th and married 11 years in December. We both knew long ago that we would be together forever and we wanted that marriage bond for ourselves. It is not a lot different but it does seem to change things, or did for us anyway. Kind of made us closer I think.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:56 PM   #27
Ashsmama
Registered Users
seller

I moved into an apartment and got pregnant about 7 or 8 months after meeting my hubby then we got married when my daughter was 7 months old. She was our flower girl :-) Things happened quickly for us but we always knew we'd get married and have a family.
People make comments about how we've only been married two years yet we're expecting (any day now!) Our third child. I just ignore those comments. I know we were meant to be and that we'll always be together <3
Old 09-30-2013, 09:21 PM   #28
Kaylazo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thanks so much everyone. I love all your stories and heir uniqueness. I have to stay positive, either way I've got a beautiful little boy out of it all and my first wonderful relationship.

Thanks mamas. xo
Kaylazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:59 PM   #29
essential1892
Registered Users
seller
seller

I honestly don't think having a child before marriage changes someone's odds for divorce. If you are meant to be together, then you will last. If you are not, then you won't last. The same thing goes for everyone who gets married, kids or not.

People just like to spew their opinions on others because they did things differently. My dh and I got married first and then had kids but you do not even want to know how much crap we got for moving in together before we got married and then getting married at 22. People just need to mind their own business and let others be happy.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:10 PM   #30
dncegrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I am having baby #3 with my SO in December. We have been together for 8 years. We are committed to each other and to our family but haven't considered "marriage". We both don't feel it is important at this point in our life. We may end up getting married eventually but we are happy as is right now.
dncegrl is offline   Reply With Quote