Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-16-2014, 07:52 PM   #1
NewMommy6111
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
NFP and keeping your resolve

I haven't started ovulating yet, my DD is 9 months and just starting solids. AF returned around this time with DS. We used NFP between DS and DD. It was perfect, no surprises, and concieved on the first cycle trying and we only DTD once. So we are going to use NFP again. I don't want to use anything hormonal while nursing, even when DD is an older toddler.

I know how to use NFP, it works, I just tend to forget all those reasons we are putting off more children when O time comes. How do you keep your resolve?

Advertisement

NewMommy6111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 10:15 PM   #2
2dayichoose
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: NFP and keeping your resolve

We use condoms or just do other things at the times that would be risky. It ends up being about 1/2 safe with NFP and 1/2 with condoms, but it's still way better than hormones.
2dayichoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 10:20 PM   #3
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't. Probably for me, because the choice to not have more children was not mine but rather my husband's. That makes it hard to follow through. Anyway, I did go the hormone route because condoms don't work for us. I was reacting to the other OTC birth control and am not ready for permanent birth control, probably never will be. For me there were other benefits as well. I have excruciating pain during ovulation and serious amounts of bleeding during my period. Hormonal birth control has helped immensely with that. I am not out of commission 2 weeks out of the month.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 08:23 AM   #4
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

I just keep in front of me that pregnancy is very much unwanted for reasons I don't make public (but I am in my mid-40s so that is reason enough!!). We try for abstinence around that time but let's face it, nature is strong. We use barrier methods during this time when we can't resist!
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 10:52 AM   #5
mamacita1222
Registered Users

We are new to this, but we just check in with each other. Neither of us is ready to get pregnant right now. The reality of that is just too harsh.
mamacita1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 11:18 AM   #6
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

It can be very difficult.

I guess being Catholic helps. It's a bit different when you are both trying to follow NFP out of obedience.

The desire to give my body time to recover is also a big motivator. My dh knows how I felt after the last birth so he gave me the time I needed to feel healed physically and emotionally.

Also I found that when dtd was off the table, we got more appreciative of other forms of physical intimacy. When we focus on enjoying what we can do instead of not it helps.