Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-31-2014, 06:53 AM   #1
missydawn
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Hubby getting snipped today :(

Hubby goes in for the big v today At first I was ok but now I am not. I am looking at my 14 month old and the huge age gap we have between him and my third and it came to mind that he will never have anyone close to his age in this house. It is the same thing with my oldest and I feel bad for him at times as I watch the other two play and enjoy each other. I am just not ready for this.

Advertisement

Homeschool Buyer CO-OP = Great Homeschool Deals
missydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 09:40 AM   #2
stevensmom
Administrator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
at least he waited a year. Dh got his done four weeks after Matt was born.

There are times that I look at my kiddies and think what would it be like with more and then I realize I enjoy my sleep, my b00bs not leaking every ten minutes, way too much.

Also As much as I enjoyed being pregnant my body can't handle another. I've had too much of a hard time conceiving babies that stay and not threaten my life.

My kiddies have big gaps between them and they play with eachother wonderfully. Between my oldest is almost four years. And between the youngest is exactly three years. I don't think it's age gap that makes siblings close. My closest sister and I are three years apart. However my sister that is only 19 months apart from me aren't.
BabyBoyBlueBoutique
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 11:16 AM   #3
firemommaof1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Hubby getting snipped today :(

((hugs)) It's a huge decision to close that door forever. I hope you spoke to him about what is in your heart.
Kai Grayson Arrived June 3 2014
firemommaof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 11:33 AM   #4
missydawn
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Well after all that worry the doctor said this was only a consult which is what I thought in the beginning but dh was determined it was happening today. I am thankful for God giving us more time to talk about this.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:45 PM   #5
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

mama and thank goodness there is more time to talk. My DH mentioned this a few times several years ago and I was really against it, and that was with us considering ourselves finished having children. He dropped the topic and so did I. So far, everyone is intact.
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 02:24 PM   #6
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

That is hard. Have you 2 considered doing a different type of birth control until you are both ready for this step?

My husband was 100% determined he was going to have this procedure done. Even had the date all set. Went and had the consult without even telling me. Didn't say anything to me until the consult was over and he had the procedure date all set. NOT GOOD! Anyway we finally settled on a different type of birth control. He isn't 100% pleased with it and neither am I as I do badly want another one. Just one more even. It is better though than having it permanently closed. Even though I know another pregnancy will be life threatening to me and the baby I don't think I will ever be willing to close that door permanently until life does it for me.

Hopefully you 2 can figure out something you both can live with.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 02:48 PM   #7
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I know I've felt DONE only to move on and decide to have more.

It's tough when a couple has different views. What are his reasons? Health? Finance?
Old 10-31-2014, 03:03 PM   #8
missydawn
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

He is worried about how having another one would have an impact on us financially and I understand it. We are not struggling by any means but with four kids money is tight. Since I got pregnant with baby number 4 I was al set for him to be my last and I was up until 2 weeks ago when he made the appointment then I think it really hit home he would be my last. Funny thing is that he is all worried about how another would impact our family financially but then turns around and say we could always adopt???? I am just happy to have more time to talk about this with him. He said he cannot take the time off of work until after the new year so that defiantly gives us some time.
Old 10-31-2014, 03:09 PM   #9
love2bmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Big hugs. Dh had a vasectomy a week ago. I'm taking it hard, even though it's what we agreed on. It's not even that I desperately want more children...I have my hands very full with 4 and my last pregnancy was very complicated (all things considered that pregnancy shouldn't have even made it close to term,we were so blessed!). It's just so hard knowing that the having-babies chapter of our lives is over.
love2bmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 03:43 PM   #10
doszimmer
Registered Users

DH has a vas last Friday and I'm relieved. Our littlest is only 3 months old but I know if he didn't have the vas. I would be tempted to have another child. I am very happy with our two kids and feel that financially it's the best decision, especially since we travel a lot. I really don't know how people handle kids when there are more of them then there are parents. I am very impressed by large families but I just know it would be too stressful for me.
doszimmer is offline   Reply With Quote