Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-15-2014, 03:35 PM   #1
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
NFP-getting started

I've been on the pill for 16 years now. I don't need to be. There's no real medical reason for me to be on it, and I think the cons outweigh the pros.

I talked to DH and he's all for getting off the pill, really he's all for having an oops right now anyway

I have ordered Taking Charge of your Fertility.
I have charted (for one whole month LOL) temps and CM when we conceived DS.

So, where do I start? I have read up a little on the Billings method but I'm confused.

Also, I'm familar with Fertility Friend, but I read on there that the chart shouldn't be used for TTA. What do you use to track then?

Advertisement

Old 12-15-2014, 09:06 PM   #2
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: NFP-getting started

There is a Creighton teacher on here, her name is Kap with some numbers (she has posted in the last few threads below this). She would be a great place to start. Also ccli.org is great to find local teaching couples and classes plus tons of other resources. If you are getting started I would look into classes where you can ask questions and get second pair of eyes to go over everything in the beginning.
Old 12-17-2014, 12:22 PM   #3
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks!
Old 12-20-2014, 08:39 PM   #4
Kap7270
Registered Users

Sorry - I've been off for a while! The best way to get started is to work closely with a teacher - there can be so many normal variations that it can really be beneficial to get their expertise, and it will more quickly allow you to gain accuracy and confidence. I teach the Creighton Model, so that's what I'm most familiar with (and the one I like the best) but I have a general understanding of several of the other methods. If you have any questions, just let me know! If there isn't a teacher nearby, many will teach by Skype. I'm not taking any new clients right now since baby is due in Feb, but I can help you find another teacher!
Kap7270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 06:25 AM   #5
AFWIFE87
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
NFP-getting started

Hi I wanted to pop in and say the Billings method helped me get pregnant. For TTA, from what I understand is, they don't suggest checking cervix anywhere in the method (not exactly sure why), also I don't remember the method saying anything about charting but this comes in handy it's just tedious, and to have sex on your non fertile (non moist) days. But once you start feeling moist to hold off. This can be tricky esp if DH is not pulling out, but semen is not as stretchy as CM it can also be thicker and tacky. So I would say for that week of your fertile window do not DTD. Be careful at the end of your fertile window, also, that's when a lot of women become pregnant because they think they're not fertile because of their CM (is not stretchy the amount is low etc) but your peak could be in that time frame so for me this is when checking your cervix comes in handy. We NFP and have been for the 9 years we've been together (6 years married) and we have never had an oops baby. But I'm also very vigilant with tracking my cycle, I'm also very regular, and I understand my body. Those are most important. Anyway, wow this turned out long LOL Good luck mama!!

Last edited by AFWIFE87; 12-21-2014 at 06:27 AM.
AFWIFE87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 07:28 AM   #6
Kap7270
Registered Users

Both Billings and Creighton Model are mucus only methods - very effective and no need for cervical checks or temping. Charting is an important part of both methods - helps you keep track of where you are, gives you something to discuss with your spouse and teacher, and it's an excellent health record (NaProTechnology was developed out of Creighton charting and we have specially trained doctors who can use the charts as an amazing diagnostic tool).
Old 12-21-2014, 07:29 AM   #7
AFWIFE87
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I agree! And if in doubt, check cervix
Old 12-21-2014, 09:34 PM   #8
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kap7270 View Post
Sorry - I've been off for a while! The best way to get started is to work closely with a teacher - there can be so many normal variations that it can really be beneficial to get their expertise, and it will more quickly allow you to gain accuracy and confidence. I teach the Creighton Model, so that's what I'm most familiar with (and the one I like the best) but I have a general understanding of several of the other methods. If you have any questions, just let me know! If there isn't a teacher nearby, many will teach by Skype. I'm not taking any new clients right now since baby is due in Feb, but I can help you find another teacher!
thank you for chiming in!
I did check out Fertility Care I think it was but there doesn't seem to be any teachers in Hawaii.
If you could recommend someone I could contact online that would be awesome!
Old 12-21-2014, 11:34 PM   #9
Kap7270
Registered Users

I'd be glad to help. Let me ask around and get some contact info for you!
Old 12-22-2014, 11:02 AM   #10
Kap7270
Registered Users

Sending you a message with contact info