Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-06-2011, 02:53 PM   #11
OneElevenEleven
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
She most definitely more distracted! Lol. I always take her away from everyone to nurse so that she focuses and doesn't get all distracted. About a week ago I had to feed her in the car and boy was that a challenge! She just wanted to look at everything. Lol.

I like her to nurse longer so that she can last at least 3 hours between feedings. When I let her nurse whenever she felt like it I was so stressed out and overwhelmed. I'm a schedule person. so we have a flexible schedule. 3 hours between starts of feedings. She stays awake about two hours in between naps. And goes to bed for the night at 9pm and wakes up sound 8am. We both seem to do better with routine. It's a very simple and non-rigid schedule. Works for us.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

As well as all my other furry babies..

Paws, Hooves & Diapers
OneElevenEleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:59 PM   #12
THBVsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Baby fasting?

She's at the distractable age where her environment is way too appealing to her to take the time to eat for too long. So she just gets the job done as quickly as possible It's not uncommon for her feeds to be so quick. By the time my DD was 7 months or so, her entire meal would take all of 3 minutes. I was so worried that she just wasn't getting enough, but going by her outtake in diapers and her thriving growth, I accepted that she had just morphed into a speedy, efficient nurser.

THBVsMama is offline   Reply With Quote