Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-26-2013, 08:10 PM   #1
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
My daughter won't stop pooping her pants!

Someone help me! I dump her undies in the toilet and then set her on the potty. She's still doing it. It's been a month. She was fully PL'd and then this. She also doesn't hide it. She will come and tell me she pooped and needs to be cleaned.

Advertisement

Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #2
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Re: My daughter won't stop pooping her pants!

Have her clean the undies.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:01 PM   #3
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Dd2 got stubborn and refused to poop on the potty - for a year. We tried everything and it just made her dig her heals in and refuse even more on principle. She's rather stubborn and if you push her too hard she digs in and gets worse. After several months of trying everything under the sun to get her to poop we gave up. We put her in pullups and told her when she was ready to let us know. There would be no more punishments and no rewards - it was all on her. 2 months later she went and pooped on the potty as if we'd never had this major battle. So I hope your dd is less stubborn than mine. There are lots of methods to try but you can't make them actually poop on the potty.

Our pedi recommended this method. Have the kid pick a prize of some sort they want. Then make a deal with them. 20 minutes after every meal they need to sit on the potty for 15 minutes (this is the window they are most likely to need to poop) for 1 week. Make sure they are getting plenty of fiber so they are needing to poop regularly during this week. At the end of the week they get the prize no matter what. But he said 90% of the time you catch their body in its natural rhythm and they just poop on the potty and get in the habit od doing it. But the prize is not contigent on them needing to poop - just for sitting on the potty. He said he's seen the most success with this method for kids resistant to poop on the potty. Totally didn't work for my dd but might for yours.
Rhianna'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:15 PM   #4
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

My DD tried that but she was older, like 3. we live in FL, it's warm year round.

After trying different things and nothing working, I finally told her in a somber tone, with a totally straight, serious face, that I couldn't clean her up in the bathtub b.c I couldn't get poop in the tub, so I would have to hose her off in the (fully privacy fenced) backyard. ("oh no. This is awful. Now I have to hose you off. We can't get poop in the tub... oh no. This isn't good at all...") I acted very disappointed, like this was the worst type of punishment. Took her out back, she cried and cried. I kept a totally straight face.

She never did it again.

I realize I sound mean. I am mean. I had the hardest time ever potty-training her. It worked, it was 90+ degrees and every other time I turn the hose on, she loves to play in it, so the only thing that made it a "bad" thing was my expression and attitude about it. Lol

Last edited by Kiliki; 04-26-2013 at 09:17 PM.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:24 PM   #5
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
I told her she would have to wear pull-ups and she was pretty upset. It's not that I hate cleaning we poopy butt. It's just that she 'knows' how I use the potty!
Old 04-26-2013, 11:42 PM   #6
AbbieJack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Give her some wipes put her in the bathroom and say have fun because I'm not helping.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:50 PM   #7
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Any stress in her life? DD1 regressed for a month or so after her surgery...
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:43 AM   #8
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
I was having to think really hard about this because nothing was coming off the top o my head. I am almost 11 weeks pregnant but we haven't said anything to the kids. That is the only thing I can think if that semi-coincides with her regression.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:39 AM   #9
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This happened for a solid year with my oldest. We tried to force it and ended up on daily miralax for a while because he got so upset he just stopped pooping altogether.

I'd offer a BIG treat, something really special like an outing when she is "big" enough to poop on the potty and then just keep doing what you are doing referring to how fun it will be to have the treat when she figures it out, but without getting mad about it.

Like a pp said, you can't make them go, and putting too much pressure on them can actually make the problem worse.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:12 PM   #10
7 for now
Registered Users
seller

I am sure my answer won't be popular. My 3 yo has been potty trained for a year. A couple weeks ago she came in from
Outisde with poop in her undies. I cleaned her up and told her if she did that again she would get a spanking. She KNOWS when he has to go she just did not want to come inside. That is unacceptable behavior to me. She has not done it again because I scolded her and told her what would happen if she did it again.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
7 for now is offline   Reply With Quote