Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-22-2013, 10:56 PM   #1
KimKim
Registered Users
seller
seller

14 month breast feeding DD is still not eating much solids. Should I be worried?

She only eats crackers and sometimes I can get her to eat the baby food from a pouch. Every time we eat she gets some of what we are having but she tosses most of it on the floor. It seems she only likes crispy things, oh and shredded cheese.

Advertisement

KimKim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:20 AM   #2
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: 14 month breast feeding DD is still not eating much solids. Should I be worried?

My son is 11 months old and does not eat much for solids either. He rather nurse. I just keep offering and hopefully he will eat more when he is ready.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:32 PM   #3
birch0902
Registered Users

Re: 14 month breast feeding DD is still not eating much solids. Should I be worried?

The main concern is are they getting the nutrients they need. I know our pediatrician was particularly concerned that my baby received enough iron after 6 months. He said that breast milk after 6 months had limited iron and babies needed to begin solid food at that time. Do you give your daughter an iron supplement?
birch0902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:26 PM   #4
KimKim
Registered Users
seller
seller

Our pedi has said nothing about iron. He does want me to set up an appointment with a nutritionist though. He has started to express a little concern with her and the weight charts.
KimKim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:27 PM   #5
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

My son just had his iron levels checked and is 12 months old. He rarely eats solids, but nurses frequently. His levels were perfect. My son's pedi was also concerned about our son not eating, but since his growth is great, it was fine.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote