Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-10-2011, 09:28 PM   #11
hminor11
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Praying to make it crowd

I admire your strength and am praying this is the time your family gets to hold a precious new baby in 9 months! I had an early loss in March that caught me completely off guard. I have decided instead of focusing on what could happen, to focus on the time that God is giving me with this child. He knows exactly how much time this child will be with us, whether it be 8 weeks or 80 years. I would drive myself insane analyzing every little twinge if I didn't give this baby over to God and trust him completely. I can now go to bed every night with a clear mind and a sense of peace.

Advertisement

hminor11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 12:00 AM   #12
lovermuffin
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordmama View Post
Thank you everyone! Our faith has carried us this far, so I'm hoping it'll carry us through the next 9 months!

So for those of you who have also suffered a loss or an extended TTC period, how are you managing the fear? What are you doing differently? Do you also have dates in mind where you'll breathe easier?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
We will be telling our family at Christmas time. I will he 14 weeks along so it is a bit longer than most people wait, I think, but my last loss was at 13 weeks and I thought I was out of the woods then.....SO that is when I will begin to breathe easier, when Christmas rolls around. I am going to make sure to TAKE my prenatal everyday this time too. I was soo bad at taking it the other times.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:01 AM   #13
lovermuffin
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hminor11 View Post
I admire your strength and am praying this is the time your family gets to hold a precious new baby in 9 months! I had an early loss in March that caught me completely off guard. I have decided instead of focusing on what could happen, to focus on the time that God is giving me with this child. He knows exactly how much time this child will be with us, whether it be 8 weeks or 80 years. I would drive myself insane analyzing every little twinge if I didn't give this baby over to God and trust him completely. I can now go to bed every night with a clear mind and a sense of peace.
This is perfect. Exactly how I feel!
Old 10-11-2011, 11:50 AM   #14
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Big hugs to all of you. I'm glad we can have this little space to release without bringing any negativity or worry to the carefree mamas on the board.

I do feel robbed of the innocence of pregnancy after all of our losses. If only my middle school teachers were right in their "1 sperm = a baby" speech!

I started having my extreme dreams last night (always an early pregnancy sign for me). Unfortunately, last night's vivid dream was all about having another miscarriage and being in the hospital trying to stop it. Awful.

I'm still waiting for my betas from Friday. It was Thanksgiving weekend in Canada, so everything is backlogged. Patience is a big virtue with my clinic!

On a positive note, my ICs are gradually darkening and I can feel some changes in my body. I'm feeling strangely optimistic about this baby. Today AF was due, so be tomorrow I'll officially be late! Yay!!

Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:17 PM   #15
Dewberri
Registered Users
seller

Nikki, sorry for your loss I subscribe to the 14 week first trimester .

We are going to tell our parents this coming weekend. We haven't really talked about when we'll tell the rest of our families and close friends... But probably around Dec-Jan. We'll be comfortable posting on FB when we've got this little one in our arms Maybe after our 20 week survey US... I guess we'll know when we get there.

Lucy glad to hear you are feeling increasingly pregnant . Sorry for the nightmare

My hobby: Fluff-n-Stuff -> Temp. on hold while I rebuild my stash for the newbie

Last edited by Dewberri; 10-11-2011 at 01:27 PM.
Dewberri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:18 PM   #16
lovermuffin
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordmama View Post
Big hugs to all of you. I'm glad we can have this little space to release without bringing any negativity or worry to the carefree mamas on the board.

I do feel robbed of the innocence of pregnancy after all of our losses. If only my middle school teachers were right in their "1 sperm = a baby" speech!

I started having my extreme dreams last night (always an early pregnancy sign for me). Unfortunately, last night's vivid dream was all about having another miscarriage and being in the hospital trying to stop it. Awful.

I'm still waiting for my betas from Friday. It was Thanksgiving weekend in Canada, so everything is backlogged. Patience is a big virtue with my clinic!

On a positive note, my ICs are gradually darkening and I can feel some changes in my body. I'm feeling strangely optimistic about this baby. Today AF was due, so be tomorrow I'll officially be late! Yay!!

I have the MOST INSANE dreams while pregnant. That is how I knew I was pregant this time, even before I got a positive reading. I had an insane dream a few days ago! Also, I was peeing like no other! :P I am so sorry about your nightmare. I hate those dreams.. Even when you wake up before something bad happens, you still finish the dream off in your head.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:26 PM   #17
Dewberri
Registered Users
seller

OFF TOPIC

Nikki, how do you pronounce DD's name? Key-era? K-ear-ah? Anyway, I love it!

My hobby: Fluff-n-Stuff -> Temp. on hold while I rebuild my stash for the newbie
Dewberri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:18 PM   #18
lovermuffin
Registered Users
seller

Like, K-ear-ah. Lol. Your welcome to use it if you have a girl! :P

DH picked it out. What he didn't know is that when I was like 5yo we had a dog named Keerah(thats how they spelled it). So when he came to me with the name, I was like NO WAY. hahah! BUt now I LOVE IT. Kiera Elizabeth is her whole name. Elizabeth after my grandma, who is my bestfriend, and it is my middle name. :P
Old 10-11-2011, 02:19 PM   #19
lovermuffin
Registered Users
seller

Also, if I am talking and I use K instead of DD or Kiera just know that I am talking about her. LOL. It is just soo easy to type K did this or K did that. :P Lazy, I know!
Old 10-11-2011, 04:32 PM   #20
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Lucy - I don't think anyone would be upset if you posted about loss and whatnot on the chat thread - at the same time, I understand wanting a thread like this. Sorry... maybe that was a useless sentence.
Oh man, I hate the m/c dreams. I had one on the weekend. It was so vivid and real... I woke up feeling every emotion - the hurt, shock, anger, pain, despair. And then I realized that it was a dream. I was really shaken up by it. Certainly doesn't help that the dreams are so much more vivid when pregnant.
for darker lines!!! I'm really this is it for you!

Joy - We haven't told anyone at all yet. Usually we've told my MIL as soon as we get a bfp, but after the 2 losses this summer we just didn't this time. She's always supportive, but we just didn't. I suppose we'll tell her the next time DH calls her. That side of the family is fine to know. My side, not so much. I don't know when we'll tell them.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote