Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-16-2011, 08:15 AM   #1
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

JuneBugs chat week 10/16-10-22

1 week closer, mamas

thought I would start the new thread, but I don't have much to say so far, lol. The toddler was wide awake for almost 3 hrs in the middle of the night, then got up a few hrs later for the day. Lately when he has been nursing at night, even after he is asleep, he stays latched and when I get him off, he wakes and starts shrieking. Like I don't mind nursing every few hrs over night but not the entire night, my nipples were stinging! SO.....after the 10th time in 15 min, I delatch him and just cuddle, etc.....he screamed and sobbed and was freaking out. DH woke and was pissed and went downstairs and walking, rocking, etc, didn't work. We went downstairs and he started watching TV and playing and this morning, he was putting his new hardhat on my head and over my face while I was pretending to sleep, oh, and poking me in the eye and nose. I. am. too. old. for. this.

How is everyone else?

Advertisement

Old 10-16-2011, 09:55 AM   #2
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: JuneBugs chat week 10/16-10-22

...from last weeks' thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaisyma View Post
Elena, remember my MW fired me at 35 wks? so I ended up with a hospital birth? She used the fetalscope and the doppler. I much prefer the fetalscope.

What did your DD say, Elena? We tell Kailani all the time, but he doesn't get it yet.
Der. I do remember it, now that you say it! I have a terrible memory... and I'll blame it on being near a year and a half ago!

DD is excited, says she hopes it's a girl - but apparently she thinks if it is a girl she will get to share her room? Not quite sure why... Levi's still in our room, not in the boys' room. But anyways. She also said she was wondering if that's what was wrong cuz I "keep getting rounder and rounder"

sorry for the m/s kicking in, and sorry for the not-so-much-luck at the rummage sale. at the hard hat, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hminor11 View Post
I have the sonoline B I think. I purchased it the end of my last pregnancy because of some complications iwas having. If I haven't seen or heard baby's heartbeat by 10 weeks at an appointment then I may use it.

I am so exhausted tonight! I took the boys to the zoo (an hour and a half away) today. We stayed for about 4 hours and walked all over. Then we went to lunch and then grocery shopping. My legs and butt are killing me the boys had so much fun though, it was worth it! Both boys are in bed and I just sat down to a bowl of strawberries and whip cream, HEAVEN!!
My Dr didn't even attempt with the doppler at my 11wk appt last pregnancy. I was worried at first, but then I started feeling him moving a lot more and kept telling myself that if something was wrong, he wouldn't be moving and nudging like he was.

could NOT do that much walking! or driving for that matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hskirball7 View Post
My belly has been feeling funky, gassy, and just weird. Not exactly m/s, though I have had minor queasiness at times, it just feels weird. Not crampy either, ugh. I don't know how to describe it.
there's a lot going on in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurkinsmommy View Post
Then we went and checked out coats (booo! expensive and nothing is what I want for him, its hard cuz he's sensitive to lots of stuff and it has to be super warm).
I'm no help on the pants - for some reason (I guess maybe what belly I have is pushing them down ) the one pair of normal jeans that still fits, and the one pair of mat jeans that don't have the belly panel keep falling down my hips? driving me nuts, having to hike my pants up all the time!

Have you checked out "please mum" for a jacket/snow suit for him? We almost always get winter stuff there for the kids - really good quality, and very warm. The only problem is that I do make the kids remove them for getting buckled in the vehicle - sometimes we do the unzip/buckle/zip over the straps thing - but the kids don't complain. They stay warm and dry while playing outside at school and stuff, though.

AFM: DS1's bday today! He's 7 years old I've got to get up and going here for that - gotta decorate, wraps gifts, and make cupcakes for dessert tonight. Through the week we have to get things all ready for his party next Sunday.

Got to DH's fundraiser thing late yesterday. It turned out pretty good, I think. Our kids joined right in playing video games with his students and all had a good time Even Levi had fun running around the gym and playing with controllers and the drums from Rock Band, lol. Then he found a red kick-ball - he was in heaven!

After the past couple days - Friday went to town for groceries and DS1's bday gifts, yesterday drove to that thing - I am pretty darn sure I'm getting car sick Whether driving or not, I just get feeling so darn pukey in the car. I've never had this before, so it's strange to me!
But it means that I'm not making any unnecessary trips until this m/s lays off. I can't stand the feeling sick and then getting somewhere and having to do stuff. Ick.

Ooo, and I just thought... I should post a link to this new thread in last weeks' one, eh? Off to do that.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:47 AM   #3
Hskirball7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers
...from last weeks' thread

Der. I do remember it, now that you say it! I have a terrible memory... and I'll blame it on being near a year and a half ago!

DD is excited, says she hopes it's a girl - but apparently she thinks if it is a girl she will get to share her room? Not quite sure why... Levi's still in our room, not in the boys' room. But anyways. She also said she was wondering if that's what was wrong cuz I "keep getting rounder and rounder"

sorry for the m/s kicking in, and sorry for the not-so-much-luck at the rummage sale. at the hard hat, though!

My Dr didn't even attempt with the doppler at my 11wk appt last pregnancy. I was worried at first, but then I started feeling him moving a lot more and kept telling myself that if something was wrong, he wouldn't be moving and nudging like he was.

could NOT do that much walking! or driving for that matter.

there's a lot going on in there!

I'm no help on the pants - for some reason (I guess maybe what belly I have is pushing them down ) the one pair of normal jeans that still fits, and the one pair of mat jeans that don't have the belly panel keep falling down my hips? driving me nuts, having to hike my pants up all the time!

Have you checked out "please mum" for a jacket/snow suit for him? We almost always get winter stuff there for the kids - really good quality, and very warm. The only problem is that I do make the kids remove them for getting buckled in the vehicle - sometimes we do the unzip/buckle/zip over the straps thing - but the kids don't complain. They stay warm and dry while playing outside at school and stuff, though.

AFM: DS1's bday today! He's 7 years old I've got to get up and going here for that - gotta decorate, wraps gifts, and make cupcakes for dessert tonight. Through the week we have to get things all ready for his party next Sunday.

Got to DH's fundraiser thing late yesterday. It turned out pretty good, I think. Our kids joined right in playing video games with his students and all had a good time Even Levi had fun running around the gym and playing with controllers and the drums from Rock Band, lol. Then he found a red kick-ball - he was in heaven!

After the past couple days - Friday went to town for groceries and DS1's bday gifts, yesterday drove to that thing - I am pretty darn sure I'm getting car sick Whether driving or not, I just get feeling so darn pukey in the car. I've never had this before, so it's strange to me!
But it means that I'm not making any unnecessary trips until this m/s lays off. I can't stand the feeling sick and then getting somewhere and having to do stuff. Ick.

Ooo, and I just thought... I should post a link to this new thread in last weeks' one, eh? Off to do that.
I got super car sick last pg, too. I don't know if it was the motion or what, but it just seemed to heighten m/s 100%.

AFM- got the chicken n dumplings in the pot on the stove this am. DH has been asking for them, so I thought I'd get a move on while I still feel pretty great. It's a ton of work, but the food will last us several days.

I'm so excited for Tuesday. Dr appt and then dinner at our best friends' house.

I feel so happy today. It's 74 degrees out and DS is running around the yard with his daddy and the puppy. It's moments like these I feel so blessed that God has given me such joy.

Have a great Sunday, mamas!

Last edited by Hskirball7; 10-16-2011 at 10:48 AM.
Hskirball7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:50 AM   #4
lemurkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post

They closed down our please mum here one day it was there and the next day it was gone! So we have The Children's Place, Old Navy, Walmart and Zellers to get stuff at, we just checked Old Navy. I'm going to shop around some more and we are going to a free clothing exchange tomorrow evening so I'm going to keep my eye out there as well, I like free! lol!

AFM- I'm feeling a bit better today and yesterday wasn't too bad. So maybe this will be a continuing trend? Although I doubt it Although we did figure out how we are going to fund a new carseat for this baby! We have to get a narrower one for our car to fit it between the two forward facing ones and our bucket is expired anyways. But we looked at our airmiles (I think its a Canadian thing lol!) and we have enough to get just over $400 in Toys r Us gift cards which will fund a carseat and a Wii for the family! DH is happy about that one cuz it means we don't have to scrap together money for a carseat.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:10 AM   #5
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My hats go off to you mamas who are still having to wake during the night and function during the day. Makes me thankful that my two are both past that stage. As the tiredness kicks in, I couldn't imagine having a broken sleep on top of it!

We're going to forget trying to find three skinny car seats and buy ourselves a minivan for this babe. We only have one family car, so now I'll drive a van and DH will drive our current car for work.

Tomorrow I'll be five weeks along. While I know that we still have a long road ahead of us, I'll breathe a little easier as all but one of our losses while TTC this babe has happened before I hit this mark. I'm feeling nauseous and tired and my stomach is achy. All wonderful!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:23 AM   #6
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordmama
My hats go off to you mamas who are still having to wake during the night and function during the day. Makes me thankful that my two are both past that stage. As the tiredness kicks in, I couldn't imagine having a broken sleep on top of it!

We're going to forget trying to find three skinny car seats and buy ourselves a minivan for this babe. We only have one family car, so now I'll drive a van and DH will drive our current car for work.

Tomorrow I'll be five weeks along. While I know that we still have a long road ahead of us, I'll breathe a little easier as all but one of our losses while TTC this babe has happened before I hit this mark. I'm feeling nauseous and tired and my stomach is achy. All wonderful!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
If you check out car-seat.org they have a huge 3 across thread. I'm sure someone has posted something for you vehicle.

Speaking of car seats is anyone buying a new infant seat? I am. Ive narrowed it down to a keyfit 30 or a cybex aton. Hopefully I get my car back soon. My dads been working on it. I want to try the seat out at bru.
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:28 AM   #7
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hskirball7 View Post
I got super car sick last pg, too. I don't know if it was the motion or what, but it just seemed to heighten m/s 100%.

AFM- got the chicken n dumplings in the pot on the stove this am. DH has been asking for them, so I thought I'd get a move on while I still feel pretty great. It's a ton of work, but the food will last us several days.
Oh it's terrible. I've never felt any kind of car sickness before, so this is a new thing! It sucks.

that sounds good! And leftovers is such a bonus these days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurkinsmommy View Post
They closed down our please mum here one day it was there and the next day it was gone! So we have The Children's Place, Old Navy, Walmart and Zellers to get stuff at, we just checked Old Navy. I'm going to shop around some more and we are going to a free clothing exchange tomorrow evening so I'm going to keep my eye out there as well, I like free! lol!

AFM- I'm feeling a bit better today and yesterday wasn't too bad. So maybe this will be a continuing trend? Although I doubt it Although we did figure out how we are going to fund a new carseat for this baby! We have to get a narrower one for our car to fit it between the two forward facing ones and our bucket is expired anyways. But we looked at our airmiles (I think its a Canadian thing lol!) and we have enough to get just over $400 in Toys r Us gift cards which will fund a carseat and a Wii for the family! DH is happy about that one cuz it means we don't have to scrap together money for a carseat.
Well... that stinks. Shoot. Can you buy/order please mum online I wonder? None of those other places (at least the ones here) have great cold weather stuff. I mean, they're fine for fall, but not for real .
Hmm... we've had luck at sears, too. You just have to be careful and look at the cold rating for the suit.

on the airmiles! Awesome-sauce!
I've got a radian on the way for Levi, so we'll be able to move him to the back row when Bug comes. The safeseat is good until Dec 12 (need to double check that, but I'm pretty darn sure), so Bug will use that and then we have a scenera that's good until Dec 13 (again need to double check) for after the infant seat. We should be good for seats until that point, I hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordmama View Post

It stinks having to wake through the night and then get up and go all day - hence my letting/making myself nap with Levi every afternoon! A 1.5-2hr nap helps a bunch

That's what we do for vehicles - I drive our van mostly and DH has a car for work. If we go anywhere altogether, we take the van.

5 weeks! So happy for you, Lucy!

Last edited by canadianbakers; 10-16-2011 at 11:30 AM.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:30 AM   #8
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaelynsmommy61607 View Post
Speaking of car seats is anyone buying a new infant seat? I am. Ive narrowed it down to a keyfit 30 or a cybex aton. Hopefully I get my car back soon. My dads been working on it. I want to try the seat out at bru.
I over the keyfit 30 - unfortunately we only have the 22lb version available up here. And the axton isn't available at all. We really have a very limited selection of car seats, compared to the US - and ours cost nearly twice as much. Nice.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:32 AM   #9
scrapandsewon
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaelynsmommy61607

If you check out car-seat.org they have a huge 3 across thread. I'm sure someone has posted something for you vehicle.

I am thinking Keyfit 30 is the route we will go this time. Not 100% sure, just began the research process again. But that is what I am leaning towards!
Old 10-16-2011, 11:36 AM   #10
lemurkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaelynsmommy61607 View Post

I'd like to go with the Graco snugride I think it is, its the one that goes to 30 or 35 lbs but I'm not sure if it will fit inbetween the two car seats. I'm thinking I'll test it out with our old one because its the same carseat just an older verison. If it does fit our carseat costs drop considerably. If It doesn't I'm torn between the Peg Perego and the Britax B-safe. They only go to 22lbs but we do have a rearfacing 3 in one to use after that point. DS should be headed into the high backed booster range by then and we should be able to make everything fit....hopefully! I don't really want to get rid of my car, we have a mini van too but I hate driving it.