Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-30-2011, 07:55 AM   #1
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

June-Bugs Chat Oct 30th-Nov 5th

Another week, mamas! Woke up this am to see that my enter button isn't working on my laptop. Toddler must have gotten something stuck behind it

Advertisement

Old 10-30-2011, 08:00 AM   #2
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Re: June-Bugs Chat Oct 30th-Nov 5th

From last week:

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaelise View Post
This is such a good point. I need to have a heart to heart with DH. I don't think he sees it as my responsibility as much as I do. He pitches in when I ask, but its hard to lower my expectations. Like I like dinner dishes done right after dinner, not right before bed or to see them in the sink in the morning. He doesn't see messes...so if I don't nag or if I don't clean, I feel like nothing will ever get clean.

I have to say though...he is so sweet for being great about all the poopy diapers I save for him to dump in the toilet. That makes me so pukey so when DD poops I just wrap up the diaper and save it in a wetbag for DH to deal with later. it makes a huge difference for me.

DD has a cold. So a really rough night...she didn't sleep til after 3 and then woke up again at 5:45 but then luckily slept til 8. She's napping now I hope it lasts a looooong time. When I was up with DD in the night I was having some menstrual feeling cramps and was starting to get so nervous but things seem ok now.

It's snowing here (northern NJ)! They say 4 inches or so! crazy!

Also thanks Elena for the tip on how to quote more than one person!
That's nice that he does the diaps! We do EC part time with my son, so we rarely have a poopy diaper, so when we do, DH freaks out, he doesn't like touching the toilet. Luckily, poo doesn't bother me this pregnancy. Yeah we got snow, sleet and rain yesterday, but it was so slushy we didn't take the 17 mo old out. In fact, he slept for a long time in the afternoon, so I lay in bed with him, resting, watching TV, etc for 4 hrs! He slept 3 of those. My teens were at their dads (I took them there at noon) so I just rested with DH and Kailani (the toddler). But then that evening, his nose started running, so he has a cold like your DD . Needless to say, we aren't making it to church this am.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mother of 4, soon 5 View Post
Im very nauseas tonight here at work, it 3am- 4 more hours! I cannot wait to go home and go to bed. Doesnt look like Im going to stay up and go to church today, mamas sleeping, dH will have to take them all- oh itll be so quiet.
hope you are resting well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordmama View Post
Annaelise - snow = yuck! I hibernate in the winter. I'm told it's deplorable for a Canadian.

We went to a full-dress Halloween party last night. So much fun, but man am I tired this morning. Naps all around today! Only to more days till my scan. I can't wait. With my nausea easing off in the last few days, I'm a little nervous.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
I like snow, but NOT in October! I like it cold from Thanksgiving til New Yrs, then I am ready for spring
Old 10-30-2011, 08:27 AM   #3
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

from last week's thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaelise View Post
This is such a good point. I need to have a heart to heart with DH. I don't think he sees it as my responsibility as much as I do. He pitches in when I ask, but its hard to lower my expectations. Like I like dinner dishes done right after dinner, not right before bed or to see them in the sink in the morning. He doesn't see messes...so if I don't nag or if I don't clean, I feel like nothing will ever get clean.

It's snowing here (northern NJ)! They say 4 inches or so! crazy!

Also thanks Elena for the tip on how to quote more than one person!
good luck with the talk! Sorry about the crappy night.
ick gross - snow. It can wait all it wants up here - although it is unusual that we don't have some all ready.
no problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordmama View Post
We went to a full-dress Halloween party last night. So much fun, but man am I tired this morning. Naps all around today! Only to more days till my scan. I can't wait. With my nausea easing off in the last few days, I'm a little nervous.
I can't wait either, Lucy!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:28 AM   #4
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaisyma View Post
Another week, mamas! Woke up this am to see that my enter button isn't working on my laptop. Toddler must have gotten something stuck behind it
Levi loves playing with my computer Once he popped 3 or 4 buttons off! DH was able to get them back on.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:41 AM   #5
lemurkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ugh! I went to bed with a horrid cold last night and woke up just as miserable. Blahhhh and I have 3 tylenol to get me through this DH managed to find a bottle with 3 of them. In other news our family pictures went really well and she got some great shots and I can't wait to see some previews, I'll steal them off of facebook to show you ladies
Old 10-30-2011, 10:29 AM   #6
love2bmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sorry for all the sick kiddo's! My DS has a horrible, goopy runny nose and he sounds awful, like his throat hurts, too. Poor guy!

I can't believe people were getting snow yesterday! We had a beautiful fall day in the 60's! I'll take that any day....I despise winter!
love2bmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 01:56 PM   #7
KatrinaLoves
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm so jealous of all you mamas getting snow! I know that for many of you it's terribly inconvenient and a real trial, but we don't get enough snow here in Western Washington, and I love the stuff. It makes me miss living in a cold climate.

To all the sick mommies: I hope everyone recovers quickly. Having sick hubbies and babies is bad enough, but having morning sickness coupled with other symptoms can't be fun. :-(
KatrinaLoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 02:55 PM   #8
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

The weeks are going by so fast! I know I say this every week but it amazes me. My DH is at job corps. He left 5 days after we found out. I don't get to see him again until thanksgiving. I will be 11 weeks so hopefully he will be able to hear the heartbeat on the doppler I bought. He will be home for 2.5 weeks in Dec for Christmas. Then I don't know when I will see him again. Hopefully he gets weekend passes and he comes home a few weekend. But his next scheduled break isn't until first week of July. He has yet to find out if he will be punished for leaving when I have the baby. I'm beyond stressed worrying how he will get home if I go into labor. Then after his July break he will have a few more months left. HOPEFULLY he will be done before Christmas next year!
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 03:14 PM   #9
KatrinaLoves
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm glad things are going by fast for you, Jessica! Hopefully things continue to fly by, and Thanksgiving comes quickly for you.
KatrinaLoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:05 PM   #10
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurkinsmommy View Post
Ugh! I went to bed with a horrid cold last night and woke up just as miserable. Blahhhh and I have 3 tylenol to get me through this DH managed to find a bottle with 3 of them. In other news our family pictures went really well and she got some great shots and I can't wait to see some previews, I'll steal them off of facebook to show you ladies
Sorry for the sickies
Can't wait to see the pics, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaelynsmommy61607 View Post
The weeks are going by so fast! I know I say this every week but it amazes me. My DH is at job corps. He left 5 days after we found out. I don't get to see him again until thanksgiving. I will be 11 weeks so hopefully he will be able to hear the heartbeat on the doppler I bought. He will be home for 2.5 weeks in Dec for Christmas. Then I don't know when I will see him again. Hopefully he gets weekend passes and he comes home a few weekend. But his next scheduled break isn't until first week of July. He has yet to find out if he will be punished for leaving when I have the baby. I'm beyond stressed worrying how he will get home if I go into labor. Then after his July break he will have a few more months left. HOPEFULLY he will be done before Christmas next year!
I can't imagine having my DH gone for long times like that