Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-07-2012, 09:46 PM   #141
mommyamb
Registered Users
seller

Re: Junebugs chat Jan 1-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffyjolove View Post
... they relocated to a different building and they downsized their entire stock of maternity.... I was really disappointed as that's what I went there for and don't shop maternity online as all things run so much differently, plus shipping.
That's frustrating.

After Christmas I drove to a Motherhood about 20-25 min. away, and was lucky- they had a great stock and exactly what I needed. With Christmas money from my parents, I was able to get a couple pairs of jeans and a couple long sleeve t-shirts. All my old maternity clothes are either way too big (I guess not bad thing, but I really hate to spend more $$ on maternity clothes) OR they're the wrong season. Later, some things will be great. I have a lot of Spring/ Summer stuff. I just needed a few things to get through the winter.

I am so frustrated finding underwear. I cannot do the underbelly kind- just not comfy for me. And you can't find the overbelly kind anywhere anymore, except online and they're really expensive. With my first 4 pregnancies, you could buy a 3 pack for like $10-15. Now it's like $15 or more a pair. I've been making non-maternity stuff work, but now they either fall down, or cut into my belly. Uggh.

I still haven't figured out the bra thing. I bought a super cheap comfy bra from Walmart the other day for around the house. I figure if I can at least be comfy at home it minimizes the discomfort some. And going to the chiro the other day did wonders, as well as picking back up with yoga.

Advertisement

Old 01-08-2012, 01:34 PM   #142
graceworks
Registered Users
Formerly: annaelise
seller
seller

My Mood:

catching up on the thread while DD and DH are napping!

Katrina I am so sorry for your friend. I hope she understands how much you care about her and as she goes through this hard time. life seems so unfair sometimes

yay for all the new maternity clothes! I finally got some too but am mainly living in yoga pants and long tee shirts. That's my "mom uniform" and has been since the day I brought DD home from the hospital!

AFM - DH got me a bread machine on craigslist!! I am so excited about it! I've made 3 loaves so far - one was perfect (half whole wheat sandwhich loaf), the other two (one of the same and one french loaf) rose too high but were still delicious!! Anyone else have one?

we're all battling colds here but finally on the mend I think! My DD is 15 months but I think I need to buy her a potty. She has been telling me every once in a while that she pooped by touching her diaper and saying "Uck" and when she's diaperless she freezes in her tracks and just kind of panics (whimpers and looks so worried!) right before she pees (on the floor or in a diaper if I catch it in time lol). Today while wearing a diaper all of a sudden she stopped and got worried looking and then said "uck" and I checked and she had peed! So I think she might at least be starting to be aware of the feeling of having to go to the bathroom. Anyone have advice for me? I'm not going to start potty training but I think I'll do more naked time around the house obviously and see if I can catch her when she gets that panic-stricken look on her face! haha It would be nice not to have 2 in diapers for very long, especially since I don't have washer and dryer in my house!

At the OB on Friday she told me I really need to do more Kegels (she said 4 sets of 20 a day). Ugh! but I really do need to.

feeling TONS of movement this week and loving every minute of it. I'm really feeling a bond now with this little wiggly baby! I'm starting to picture my life with 2 kids all the time...playing with Clara and having a little squishy making cute newborn sounds on blanket next to us, letting Clara "help" by giving the baby a pacifier or a soft toy, nursing the new baby while Clara plays with her baby dolls...I just can't wait for all of that and more! I was made for this!!

no other news over here! Hope everyone's having a good weekend!
loving being a stay at home wife to DH (married 4/11/09) and mommy to DD1 (10/4/10) and little DD2 (5/30/12) and expecting baby #3 in March!
graceworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:18 PM   #143
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

new week's thread!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote