Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-08-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
JuneBug chat ~ Jan 8th-14th

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:18 PM   #2
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: JuneBug chat ~ Jan 8th-14th

(from last weeks' thread)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffyjolove View Post
So today my sister went out of town to go shopping me... I had a gift card to old navy and and needed to find some maternity cotton crew necks I can wear both at home and to work to avoid buying scrubs. Well.... they relocated to a different building and they downsized their entire stock of maternity.... I was really disappointed as that's what I went there for and don't shop maternity online as all things run so much differently, plus shipping.so I again just bought for my kids. They got new jeans, and me still no work shirts grrrr.
Oh that stinks! I have found some good mat stuff at ON, but the one here doesn't have a very big mat section either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyamb View Post
I am so frustrated finding underwear. I cannot do the underbelly kind- just not comfy for me. And you can't find the overbelly kind anywhere anymore, except online and they're really expensive. With my first 4 pregnancies, you could buy a 3 pack for like $10-15. Now it's like $15 or more a pair. I've been making non-maternity stuff work, but now they either fall down, or cut into my belly. Uggh.
All my mat undies are ON under the belly ones. I'm sure I've seen the "grannie panties" ones () at our Walmart, and for sure through Sears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaelise View Post
AFM - DH got me a bread machine on craigslist!! I am so excited about it! I've made 3 loaves so far - one was perfect (half whole wheat sandwhich loaf), the other two (one of the same and one french loaf) rose too high but were still delicious!! Anyone else have one?

we're all battling colds here but finally on the mend I think! My DD is 15 months but I think I need to buy her a potty. She has been telling me every once in a while that she pooped by touching her diaper and saying "Uck" and when she's diaperless she freezes in her tracks and just kind of panics (whimpers and looks so worried!) right before she pees (on the floor or in a diaper if I catch it in time lol). Today while wearing a diaper all of a sudden she stopped and got worried looking and then said "uck" and I checked and she had peed! So I think she might at least be starting to be aware of the feeling of having to go to the bathroom. Anyone have advice for me? I'm not going to start potty training but I think I'll do more naked time around the house obviously and see if I can catch her when she gets that panic-stricken look on her face! haha It would be nice not to have 2 in diapers for very long, especially since I don't have washer and dryer in my house!

At the OB on Friday she told me I really need to do more Kegels (she said 4 sets of 20 a day). Ugh! but I really do need to.

feeling TONS of movement this week and loving every minute of it. I'm really feeling a bond now with this little wiggly baby! I'm starting to picture my life with 2 kids all the time...playing with Clara and having a little squishy making cute newborn sounds on blanket next to us, letting Clara "help" by giving the baby a pacifier or a soft toy, nursing the new baby while Clara plays with her baby dolls...I just can't wait for all of that and more! I was made for this!!
I have a bread maker - have had it since we got married. I used to make loaves of bread in it, but haven't in a while. I use it a TON for making dough for buns and cinnamon buns. Definitely worth the $$!

Sorry about the We're all battling colds here as well.
I have honestly no advice on the potty training. We suck at it. All our kids (so far) have been over 3yrs old before even starting, and then it still took the boys nearly a year to be really trained. Hate that part.

Did you ask the Dr about the new info about kegels - that they're not actually helping what we're using/doing them for and that we should do squats instead? Just wondering if she knew anything or had anything to say about it, or if she just blew it off.

for more movement!
I wish I was feeling more. I'm getting so bummed, not feeling much of anything and some days nothing at all. It stinks.

AFM: Oy. Busy weekend. Yesterday was groceries and some errands. Today was church and finishing up the last few errands. I'm going to miss not having everyone home, but at the same time I'm kinda glad school starts again tomorrow - it means just me and Levi, definitely at home, and some quiet!
Old 01-08-2012, 05:33 PM   #3
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ive never worn maternity clothes i have them they just never end up fitting i have a few shirts i wear now but they dont even look like maternity im also not even showing so i guess i dont need them yet.
My store is stocking tomorrow and i need to finish some OBV lap tees tonight. DH has to fill out new paperwork for unemployment so we are strapped right now darn bills.
Anyone need small swaddlebees pockets/AIOs? i have 9-12 stuffable side snapping AIOs with velour inner(most new all look new) i need to list, but im so not motivated
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:30 PM   #4
tinams8
Registered Users
seller

I am going to ask my midwife her opinion on the kegels vs. squats thing on Thursday, if I remember! It's a lot easier to do kegels but I've been trying to do a little of both just in case.
tinams8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #5
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcake2386 View Post
ive never worn maternity clothes i have them they just never end up fitting i have a few shirts i wear now but they dont even look like maternity im also not even showing so i guess i dont need them yet.
Oh shucks, I'm sorry. I don't have any choice but to wear mat - or dresses would work I suppose... but it's a bit too chilly for dresses in the winter here. Not this year, right now, but usually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinams8 View Post
I am going to ask my midwife her opinion on the kegels vs. squats thing on Thursday, if I remember! It's a lot easier to do kegels but I've been trying to do a little of both just in case.
Cool. I just wonder what care provider's have to say about it, if they've even heard about the "debate".

AFM: OMGoodness. BBQ'ed steak (seriously way warmer than "norm" here!), baked potatoes, and veggies for supper. SO
Old 01-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #6
graceworks
Registered Users
Formerly: annaelise
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinams8 View Post
let us know what she says! I've been doing both too kind of...that article someone posted made me nervous that kegels will make my muscles tight but ineffective and that's scary too!
loving being a stay at home wife to DH (married 4/11/09) and mommy to DD1 (10/4/10) and little DD2 (5/30/12) and expecting baby #3 in March!
graceworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:09 PM   #7
steffyjolove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Love my bread maker! Its such a great smell to fill a home with too!
Old 01-08-2012, 09:29 PM   #8
steffyjolove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We added a new furry friend to the family shes a guinea pig and her name is Ms porky.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:34 PM   #9
MommaMedlin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffyjolove
We added a new furry friend to the family shes a guinea pig and her name is Ms porky.
How cute! I bet the kids love her!
Old 01-09-2012, 03:39 AM   #10
mommyamb
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaelise View Post
let us know what she says! I've been doing both too kind of...that article someone posted made me nervous that kegels will make my muscles tight but ineffective and that's scary too!
I've had pelvic floor issues since baby #4. Doing kegels alone has helped some, but not enough. I found out about a program called hab-it. For pregnancy, she has online some exercises- descriptions and videos. Here's a link.

http://hab-it.com/videos-preg.html