Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-29-2012, 08:12 PM   #11
chelsnels64
Registered Users
seller

Re: Weekly Junebug Chat: Jan 29- Feb 4th

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkg354boy2 View Post
Hey mama's! I keep telling myself I am going to be mote active here and my family keeps getting sick, it is like never ending. My dd has whooping cough and we are all being treated to make sure we don't spread it. The health department said I needed to let them know if anyone else in my family starts coughing and well two more of my dds have now. Uggggggg. On a great note, I have started to feel this little one kick. It isn't too strong just yet and not regular but it gives me hope that she is doing well in there. I still am just a nervous wreck thinking something is going to happen to her. The Dr tells me everytime I go in that she is doing great so i don't know what my problem is, I guess with all my losses it is just hard. Hope you all have a great wk. Pray for our family that we can get through this illness quickly.
Mama! I hope you all can recover soon and no body else gets it. Will for sure keep you in our prayers. Our family has been sick with numerous things since the week before Christmas. It was Croup, then snot and fevers, then I was on bedrest while the kids were sick and hubby and I still had coughs, then like this groggy head stuffed up thing and last but not least we had some stomach bug! Gosh I know the feeling wanting a break from sickness. I feel like we can't even leave our house without getting something else.

I can finally see my stomach jumping with little kicks! I love it when they arent big enough to hurt yet. Tomorrow I have my follow up U/S to make sure that my Hematomas are shrinking and not causing any other problems and then my follow up Dr appt on Wednesday. I am hoping he will clear me back to the Birth Center.
I have been busy buying lots of newborn stuff and rounding out my boys CD stash since what we had wasnt working for us. And we have been doing some organizing and re-arranging around our house. Its small and the way we have it set up is not working for us.
Oh! And hubby goes back working days starting next week!! I am SOOO excited! Family dinners, cuddle with hubby time and church will be back!!

Advertisement

Old 01-29-2012, 09:35 PM   #12
mommyamb
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
And we have been doing some organizing and re-arranging around our house. Its small and the way we have it set up is not working for us.
We do this a lot. I think the last time we reaaranged/ moved rooms around my hubby said it was the LAST time.We'll see.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:21 PM   #13
Only
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
seller
seller

I keep meaning to post more in here but I've been so busy. I'm heading back home from visiting family Tuesday(little later than planned).

This weekend I went shopping with my Mom for girly clothes and she bought the crib and changing table and a few things for the nursery. I'm getting SUPER excited!

Austen 06/12
Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:27 AM   #14
babylovinmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi girls!

to all of you that have the sickies! Especially the tummy bugs There seems to be a ton of that going around, regardless of the state. It's crazy.

We have a fairly quiet weekend. DH was home this weekend (he works every other weekend). We spend most of Saturday cleaning, the kids were big helpers! Then I took the 2 older girls to the library and we all went for a walk with the dog when we got home. It was a nice day. Yesterday we finally got back to church and went to a late lunch/early dinner after followed by some cuddle time on the couch. I love weekends like that

Oh and my super sneaky Sept10 ddc surprised me with a georgeous knit wool gown for this newbie. I was shocked to tears when I opened the package.
Roberta~ crazy crunchy, sometimes soggy, wife to my love and mama to 4 little pieces of my heart and waiting on #5! If you can't find me, I'm probably hiding in the corner licking the beaters
babylovinmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:15 AM   #15
lemurkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Just checking in

We're back from our super loooong trip up north for DH's Grandpa's funeral, the ceremony was short and simple as it was a Legion funeral (the Legion looks after veterans and their families up here and DH's grandpa was a WWII vetran). then I got to do some shopping and got some new mat clothes mostly because we only have one maternity store here and I was sick of buying their clothes so I got a couple cute dresses from old navy, a pair of leggings and a pair of comfy pants from motherhood. But I've decided that the rest of this pregnancy might be spent in dresses since pants suck and I cant get ones that fit right.

Oh and DH and I might have finally agreed on middle names for this baby!!!! We are thinking Sydney George or George Sydney depending on the first name, but its after both of our Grandpas His Grandpa's first name was Sydney but he went by Jim which was his middle name. And my Grandpa is George. I like them, they work good together.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:28 AM   #16
mommyamb
Registered Users
seller

I woke up with vertigo. I'm laying flat in bed- whenever I get up the room spins. The spinning makes me feel sick to my stomach. I don't know if I have astomach bug or what. Anyone ever experience this?
Horrible timing, too- 1st day of classes. Hoping
I'll feel better in time to go. (1st class is @ 3)
Old 01-30-2012, 12:19 PM   #17
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyamb View Post
I woke up with vertigo. I'm laying flat in bed- whenever I get up the room spins. The spinning makes me feel sick to my stomach. I don't know if I have astomach bug or what. Anyone ever experience this?
sorry mama. I get vertigo a lot. I have had MRIs and gotten chiropractic and with me, it is always an inner ear infection. They can't treat those. Supposedly, after you have an inner ear infection, you don't get them again. Not true for me, I am susceptible to them for some reason. Anytime I am coming down with a cold, I get them. Mine are mostly when I am laying down, bending down, or turning to look to my side. There are lots of reasons for vertigo, though.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:50 PM   #18
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyamb
Benedryl can help clear up a bout of vertigo. Might be a blood pressure thing too though. Worth getting it checked out. Also - you don't want to lay flat on your back as this can worsen the symptoms as you squeeze the vena cava.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:41 PM   #19
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

from last week's thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcake2386 View Post
elena. i probably missed a lot bc i read on here when the kids are running around and such can you make some super soft blankets for her?
I'm going to make a couple cute handbands (and hope to make a matching one for Ruthie - I think she'd like that) and hats for the baby. And I'm keeping an eye out for a cute blanket pattern - just don't really know what I'm looking for, just one that feels right I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casie629 View Post
Elena- you are in my prayers daily but I will especially be thinking about you on the 3rd. I really hope you get some answers.
Thank you Casie
I'm both excited and scared for this appt coming. I can't wait to see her again, and we're still praying and hoping for more miracles on that screen! But I'm scared of the amnio... not terrified, just scared cuz it's something I've never been through before.
We probably won't have the results of our blood tests at this appt, but hopefully in the next week or 2 afterwards. Then it'll be probably 3-4wks for the amnio results.
I'm hoping to get some answers as far as what to expect for appts for the remainder of the pregnancy - am I to continue doing prenatals with our fam Dr in town here, should I transfer for prenatals to the OB in town, how often are they going to want us back in the city, etc. We need to figure out plans for care for the kids through this, so we need to know what to expect for appts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babylovinmama View Post
Elena- this is perfectly said. I pray for you that you have the comfort and peace to know that no matter how you are feeling, it is completely normal and acceptable. You have every right. I pray that you feel comfortable enough to lay all those feeling out to us and if that means you're angry some days and you need to tell us, then so be it. I'm sure that no one here is going to take the things you say and the way you are feeling personal. Don't hold it in, or try and sugar coat it for us. This is part of the acceptance, understanding and grieving process and you deserve to go through it however you need to.
Thank you for your understanding, Roberta.
for a good mw appt!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:54 PM   #20
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaisyma View Post
I am meeting another doula today. And I may meet with an OB who I had 18 yrs ago, bc my friend told me he asked her DD (she is an adult) if she wanted to keep the placenta when she delivered! And he is at the local hospital, but if he and I mesh, I can deal with anything the hospital may come up with.
Can't wait to hear how meeting with him goes, Jul! Hopefully it'll be the answer to things for ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkg354boy2 View Post
Hey mama's! I keep telling myself I am going to be mote active here and my family keeps getting sick, it is like never ending. My dd has whooping cough and we are all being treated to make sure we don't spread it. The health department said I needed to let them know if anyone else in my family starts coughing and well two more of my dds have now
Sorry for the We've all got a bad cold up here, too. Blech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordmama View Post
Ugh - DD was sent home from daycare with a tummy bug on Thursday, this morning DS had a bout of the trots and now my stomach is feeling really crampy and queasy. I'm really hoping that it's a passing thing.
Oh no! Hope it didn't hit you too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurkinsmommy View Post
Just checking in

Oh and DH and I might have finally agreed on middle names for this baby!!!! We are thinking Sydney George or George Sydney depending on the first name, but its after both of our Grandpas His Grandpa's first name was Sydney but he went by Jim which was his middle name. And my Grandpa is George. I like them, they work good together.
for some shopping and for middle names! I'm not sure if we're going to do 2 middle names this time, or stick with the middle name we'd thought of, or just change the one middle name.

AFM: so hate colds. I'd love to be popping advil to feel human right now, but alas.
Have my appt with fetal assessment in the city on Friday. We're working on figuring out care for the kids - my friend will take them all, but her DD has to dance that evening (likely before we'd make it home). We're hoping to figure out a way for the older 2 to stay in town (we need to leave here about 7am) for school and go to friends' houses after school, then it'd only be the younger 2 with my friend. But we'll see.

A couple days ago I was laying on our bed to stretch my lower back and felt some light squiggles - it felt just like when Levi used to move his hands/arms inside.
Yesterday I felt a stronger-than-normal shove out on my right side, happened many times - felt just like when Levi used to push his feet out.
We know it may be just her moving, but these were different than the bumps and shoves I've felt all along. Much more "normal" movements, kwim? her little hands and feet are moving a bit - how miraculous would that be!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote