Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2012, 03:28 PM   #21
lemurkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weekly Junebug Chat: Jan 29- Feb 4th

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
for some shopping and for middle names! I'm not sure if we're going to do 2 middle names this time, or stick with the middle name we'd thought of, or just change the one middle name.

A couple days ago I was laying on our bed to stretch my lower back and felt some light squiggles - it felt just like when Levi used to move his hands/arms inside.
Yesterday I felt a stronger-than-normal shove out on my right side, happened many times - felt just like when Levi used to push his feet out.
We know it may be just her moving, but these were different than the bumps and shoves I've felt all along. Much more "normal" movements, kwim? her little hands and feet are moving a bit - how miraculous would that be!
2 middle names are our tradition I figure if you have two you really really love then why not go for two of them?

and for feeling "normal" movements!!!! I'm crossing my fingers for you that its her hands and feet!

Advertisement

Old 01-30-2012, 04:45 PM   #22
scrapandsewon
Registered Users

My Mood:
Elena, That would be amazing!!
Old 01-30-2012, 05:20 PM   #23
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Can't wait to hear how meeting with him goes, Jul! Hopefully it'll be the answer to things for ya.

Sorry for the We've all got a bad cold up here, too. Blech.

Oh no! Hope it didn't hit you too.

for some shopping and for middle names! I'm not sure if we're going to do 2 middle names this time, or stick with the middle name we'd thought of, or just change the one middle name.

AFM: so hate colds. I'd love to be popping advil to feel human right now, but alas.
Have my appt with fetal assessment in the city on Friday. We're working on figuring out care for the kids - my friend will take them all, but her DD has to dance that evening (likely before we'd make it home). We're hoping to figure out a way for the older 2 to stay in town (we need to leave here about 7am) for school and go to friends' houses after school, then it'd only be the younger 2 with my friend. But we'll see.

A couple days ago I was laying on our bed to stretch my lower back and felt some light squiggles - it felt just like when Levi used to move his hands/arms inside.
Yesterday I felt a stronger-than-normal shove out on my right side, happened many times - felt just like when Levi used to push his feet out.
We know it may be just her moving, but these were different than the bumps and shoves I've felt all along. Much more "normal" movements, kwim? her little hands and feet are moving a bit - how miraculous would that be!
YAY! for wiggling♥
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:15 PM   #24
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Elena - I'm hoping that all of our collective prayers are lifting her up in healing. It's definitely a great sign if she's flexing her muscles enough for you to feel them. I'll continue to pray for a miracle and that your amnio goes smoothly.

AFM - I'm so disheartened. I learned at the midwives tonight that due to my VBAC status, they want me on a continuous monitor. So I'll be strapped to a bed. I can have breaks for half an hour to move around, but then she revealed that only two birthing rooms have tubs and they're more like sitting showers. Nothing that you can submerge in. Ugh. Why is it so hard to have a natural birth in this area?!?! I wish we had birthing centres that actually encouraged natural labours and delivery.
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:21 PM   #25
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

from Roberta last week to Elena: I pray that you feel comfortable enough to lay all those feeling out to us and if that means you're angry some days and you need to tell us, then so be it. I'm sure that no one here is going to take the things you say and the way you are feeling personal. Don't hold it in, or try and sugar coat it for us. This is part of the acceptance, understanding and grieving process and you deserve to go through it however you need to

I dunno how I missed that, but that was worded perfectly and exactly how I feel. I don't think it's fair for anyone to expect all sunshine and rainbows on here. We have struggles and some are obviously, more serious than others and to shut them out or expect everyone to act happy go lucky isn't fair...to any of us. We need to be here for each other to celebrate the small things and grieve the larger ones. Look how the DS community has gathered around mamas who have had losses on here. We want to be here for it all
that's so awesome that there are bumps and thumps, Elena! I hope you can come and report your news here as soon as you get results!

AFM: so I like both doulas. but I think I am going with the one who hung out here for 5 hrs, just chatting, lol. I don't want to hurt the other gal's feelings bc she was awesome as well!
and I finally called a CNM practice today. I have a consult on Thursday. I heard about them in passing from another doula. They are still about 40 min from me and don't do births (they are trying to get a birth center going), but they do prenatals. So that would be good....then I can decide if I will just have them transfer me at like 36 wks or whatever...or just keep my records with me and when I go into labor, go into the hospital of my choice with proof of prenatal care!
Old 01-30-2012, 06:48 PM   #26
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

somehow managed to post one twice!

Last edited by canadianbakers; 01-30-2012 at 06:51 PM.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:54 PM   #27
lemurkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaisyma View Post

AFM: so I like both doulas. but I think I am going with the one who hung out here for 5 hrs, just chatting, lol. I don't want to hurt the other gal's feelings bc she was awesome as well!
and I finally called a CNM practice today. I have a consult on Thursday. I heard about them in passing from another doula. They are still about 40 min from me and don't do births (they are trying to get a birth center going), but they do prenatals. So that would be good....then I can decide if I will just have them transfer me at like 36 wks or whatever...or just keep my records with me and when I go into labor, go into the hospital of my choice with proof of prenatal care!
You probably won't hurt the other doula's feelings She will probably be a bit dissapointed if she's a newer doula but its part of the learning curve. It's awesome you found doula that you really clicked with though, that connection is super important. Good luck trying to get the rest of your prenatal care in order hopefully everything works out and you get an awesome team in place.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:02 PM   #28
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurkinsmommy View Post
2 middle names are our tradition I figure if you have two you really really love then why not go for two of them?

and for feeling "normal" movements!!!! I'm crossing my fingers for you that its her hands and feet!
DH doesn't like 2 middle names. We definitely have her first name and DH says we'll decide on her middle name when she's born - I'm thinking she's going to have 2 middle names

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapandsewon View Post
Elena, That would be amazing!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcake2386 View Post
YAY! for wiggling♥
Thanks! It's definitely not the normal amount of movement that I've had with past pregnancies, but it was just so reminiscent of Levi's hands and feet moving/shoving that it really makes me wonder. Even if she didn't actually move during the u/s on Friday, but her arms or legs were in a different position than we've seen, that in and of itself would be awesome and amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordmama View Post
Elena - I'm hoping that all of our collective prayers are lifting her up in healing. It's definitely a great sign if she's flexing her muscles enough for you to feel them. I'll continue to pray for a miracle and that your amnio goes smoothly.

AFM - I'm so disheartened. I learned at the midwives tonight that due to my VBAC status, they want me on a continuous monitor. So I'll be strapped to a bed. I can have breaks for half an hour to move around, but then she revealed that only two birthing rooms have tubs and they're more like sitting showers. Nothing that you can submerge in. Ugh. Why is it so hard to have a natural birth in this area?!?! I wish we had birthing centres that actually encouraged natural labours and delivery.
Thanks Lucy! Like I said above, I'd just love to even see a difference in her position come Friday even if she doesn't move and squirm during the u/s.

I'm sorry about all that crud. With my VBAC with Levi I did have near constant monitoring and I stayed in bed nearly the whole time - it was the middle of the night thru early morning and I was just tired! It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, even with back labor.
You can fight them on it, get off for longer/more frequently. At the very least you shouldn't have to be in bed for monitoring - even though they wanted the monitor on me, my nurse would ask every time she came in if I wanted to get up or move around or whatnot. You can be on the monitors and still be sitting on a birth ball or moving around a bit, kwim?
I'm sorry it won't be how you were expecting though. That does stink.

Quote:
I dunno how I missed that, but that was worded perfectly and exactly how I feel. I don't think it's fair for anyone to expect all sunshine and rainbows on here. We have struggles and some are obviously, more serious than others and to shut them out or expect everyone to act happy go lucky isn't fair...to any of us. We need to be here for each other to celebrate the small things and grieve the larger ones. Look how the DS community has gathered around mamas who have had losses on here. We want to be here for it all
that's so awesome that there are bumps and thumps, Elena! I hope you can come and report your news here as soon as you get results!

Thanks Jul. We probably won't get any results this week, though we'll be able to see her on u/s Can't wait! But it's doubtful DH's and my bloodwork will be back yet, and it'll take a good few weeks for the amnio results. I'm okay with that. I feel like we're at least doing something for her, even if it's just tests and waiting for results. We are praying, prayers are rising up all over this continent for this wee girlie! And as long as she is fighting, we're in this together and will do everything we can for her.

That's great news! I'm so glad you've found a doula (staying to chat for so long is a great sign, imo!) and that you can see these MWs for prenatals - that would be perfect for you!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:36 PM   #29
tinams8
Registered Users
seller

Elena, I am so excited and hopeful for you... keep wiggling, little one!!!

Lucy, I had continuous monitoring for my last birth which was a VBAC, and the monitor was portable, like a walkman sized thing. And that was 8 years ago so maybe now technology is even better? Regardless, I spent a lot of time lying down anyway and they let me take it off to get in the shower for awhile. It wasn't as big of a deal as I expected. My doula was very helpful with negotiating with the nurses about taking it off.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:00 PM   #30
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I am meeting another doula today. And I may meet with an OB who I had 18 yrs ago, bc my friend told me he asked her DD (she is an adult) if she wanted to keep the placenta when she delivered! And he is at the local hospital, but if he and I mesh, I can deal with anything the hospital may come up with.
Sounds like a pretty good ob! I doubt very many would offer that like him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsnels64 View Post
I can finally see my stomach jumping with little kicks! I love it when they arent big enough to hurt yet. Tomorrow I have my follow up U/S to make sure that my Hematomas are shrinking and not causing any other problems and then my follow up Dr appt on Wednesday. I am hoping he will clear me back to the Birth Center.
Hope the hematomas are smaller and that'd be great for you if your could go back to the BC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugstrees View Post
This weekend I went shopping with my Mom for girly clothes and she bought the crib and changing table and a few things for the nursery. I'm getting SUPER excited!
Awesome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babylovinmama View Post
Hi girls!
We have a fairly quiet weekend. DH was home this weekend (he works every other weekend). We spend most of Saturday cleaning, the kids were big helpers! Then I took the 2 older girls to the library and we all went for a walk with the dog when we got home. It was a nice day. Yesterday we finally got back to church and went to a late lunch/early dinner after followed by some cuddle time on the couch. I love weekends like that

Oh and my super sneaky Sept10 ddc surprised me with a georgeous knit wool gown for this newbie. I was shocked to tears when I opened the package.
Cuddle time is great! Doesn't happen often for us though. Got some in on Sunday while watching a movie. And that gown sounds beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurkinsmommy View Post
We're back from our super loooong trip up north for DH's Grandpa's funeral, the ceremony was short and simple as it was a Legion funeral (the Legion looks after veterans and their families up here and DH's grandpa was a WWII vetran). then I got to do some shopping and got some new mat clothes mostly because we only have one maternity store here and I was sick of buying their clothes so I got a couple cute dresses from old navy, a pair of leggings and a pair of comfy pants from motherhood. But I've decided that the rest of this pregnancy might be spent in dresses since pants suck and I cant get ones that fit right.
Yay for new mat clothes!!!!

Quote:
Hoping that those movements are a good sign!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordmama View Post
Bummer you have to be on continuous. But maybe they have those wireless ones so you can get up and walk around. That would be nice!!

Sounds like there's a lot of sickness going around ladies! Hope everyone and the fams are feeling better. My DDs had the stuffy nose/cough but are feeling much better despite the noses still bring a little runny and a slight cough.

AFM Things have been busy. I've been spending less time on the computer and more time w/ my girls, which is always a good thing. Decided to sell my current NB stash and pick up some diff NB dipes. I just decided today I'd rather do something w/o covers this time around. And I bought my first thing for the baby over the wkend. A cute green onesie with a rainbow and sun on it.