Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2012, 08:40 AM   #21
KatrinaLoves
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Strollers & Carseats

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabesmamamadeit View Post
I really want a COCCORO!!! But I'm not sure if DH will let me but another carseat. I have bunches, but they all usually get used. If I dint get a coccoro, this baby will go in DDs myride and DD will move to DS old nautilus.

FYI u can get the coccoro on kohls for cheaper when they have their sales and 30% off code. Then u usually get kohls cash u can use instore also. I think u can get it for less than $150.
They're just so cute, compact, and versatile!

Good to know about Kohls!! I'll look into that!

Advertisement

KatrinaLoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:56 AM   #22
Only
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
seller
seller

Katrina, do you sign up for a mailing list with Britax to be notified of the buy one get one sale?

Austen 06/12
Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:31 AM   #23
tinams8
Registered Users
seller

You'd think by my third kid I could be more decisive about these things, but I've read and read and I'm still not sure! I have a snugride for the first few months. I think I'm going to spring for a Radian after that but I'm not positive. I wish I knew someone who had one so I could try it in my car and then buy it online.

I'm confused about the stroller too. I have a snap and go. I'm thinking I want one of the expensive ones that folds umbrella style so it fits in my tiny hybrid trunk. I'm hoping to find one on craigslist since I have plenty of time to look. We will also get a jogging stroller for dh and for walking on the bike trails.

I'd love one of the fancy strollers with the reversible seat, but I can't convince myself it is a necessity!
Old 02-21-2012, 10:02 AM   #24
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I scored a nearly new evenflow bucket seat at a consignment shop for $35! We didn't use a stroller with DS until much later since we mostly babywear, so I won't buy another one. We have 2 strollers for DS and need to unload 1 anyways!

ETA: We're going to get another true fit recline when the bucket is outgrown. I love, love, love mine! I have absolutely no desire to try another seat

Last edited by bigmamakelsey; 02-21-2012 at 10:05 AM.
bigmamakelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:31 AM   #25
babylovinmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We're using Paisley's Chicco Keyfit for the newbie and will mostly wear him/her. We have Paisley's Chicco stroller, though we wear her so often that we really don't use it and I see it being the same for this one too.
Roberta~ crazy crunchy, sometimes soggy, wife to my love and mama to 4 little pieces of my heart and waiting on #5! If you can't find me, I'm probably hiding in the corner licking the beaters
babylovinmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #26
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

Baby girl will ride in her big brothers chicco keyfit (in the yellow/black circle print) because we just bought it 9 months ago and it's an awesome seat.

We have a double stroller already, that I use with my 6 other kids. I also have a nice carrier stash in which she will spend most her time in.

OrangeBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:13 AM   #27
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmamakelsey
I scored a nearly new evenflow bucket seat at a consignment shop for $35! We didn't use a stroller with DS until much later since we mostly babywear, so I won't buy another one. We have 2 strollers for DS and need to unload 1 anyways!

ETA: We're going to get another true fit recline when the bucket is outgrown. I love, love, love mine! I have absolutely no desire to try another seat
Not to start a debate but consignment stores are the last place to buy a used seat. They generally take then apart and throw everything in the wash including the straps. Also evenflo requires the handle to be down in the car with 1.5 inches clearance between handle and front seat. Most cars it doesn't fit.

Last edited by jaelynsmommy61607; 02-21-2012 at 11:14 AM.
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:28 PM   #28
KatrinaLoves
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugstrees View Post
Katrina, do you sign up for a mailing list with Britax to be notified of the buy one get one sale?
I liked/subscribed (whatever it's called) to their Facebook page. Not only will they announce it there (I'd assume), but there are constantly carseat and stroller give-aways from 3rd party websites that are linked to their wall.
That, and I'm a pretty obsessive about it, and I check the Britax website often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinams8 View Post
I'm confused about the stroller too. I have a snap and go. I'm thinking I want one of the expensive ones that folds umbrella style so it fits in my tiny hybrid trunk. I'm hoping to find one on craigslist since I have plenty of time to look. We will also get a jogging stroller for dh and for walking on the bike trails.

I'd love one of the fancy strollers with the reversible seat, but I can't convince myself it is a necessity!
If I wasn't having twins (or two EXTREMELY close together) I probably wouldn't get an expensive one either. DH is never home so 100% of trips/errands/outings will be solo, and I needed something with an ultra smooth ride that folded down small for airline travel without him... etc.
I think expensive baby items have their place (they usually are very nice), but unless it makes my life so much easier than I can justify the cost.... no way, Jose.
KatrinaLoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:03 PM   #29
graceworks
Registered Users
Formerly: annaelise
seller
seller

My Mood:

ooooh LOVE this thread! I love reading about carseats and strollers!!

I already have a Snugride 32 that my DD at 16 months still rides in actually but we are getting her a Britax Marathon 70 as soon as they come back in stock on Target.com. She has a Scenera in my DH's car, and we have an extra Snugride 32 base for his car too.

We have a snap-n-go stroller that I used ALL the time when DD was tiny and then when she was a little bigger we got a Baby Jogger City Mini (green) that I love! I love love love that stroller! Kind of wishing for a double but I'm going to see how things go before spending any money on another stroller. I will probably put the new baby in a carrier for a while and keep DD1 in the stroller for things like the mall and errands.

But I'm keeping my eyes out on craigslist for a double stroller. I'm thinking of getting a double umbrella stroller of some kind just to have the option for when we need it; but then I need to find one with some kind of recline if I want the new LO to be in it anytime soon.

Anyone with an older child who will be 2 years old or so wen the new baby comes NOT getting a double stroller? Am I crazy to think I can do without one? (DD1 will be 20 months when DD2 arrives)
loving being a stay at home wife to DH (married 4/11/09) and mommy to DD1 (10/4/10) and little DD2 (5/30/12) and expecting baby #3 in March!
graceworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:15 PM   #30
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaelynsmommy61607 View Post
Not to start a debate but consignment stores are the last place to buy a used seat. They generally take then apart and throw everything in the wash including the straps. Also evenflo requires the handle to be down in the car with 1.5 inches clearance between handle and front seat. Most cars it doesn't fit.
They don't wash or take apart there. I usually wouldn't buy a carseat second hand but it looks nearly new and doesn't expire until 2017.
We have a big SUV so fit shouldn't be a problem, but I'll look into it.

ETA: It came with the owners manual too

Last edited by bigmamakelsey; 02-21-2012 at 01:18 PM.
bigmamakelsey is offline   Reply With Quote