Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-06-2012, 02:49 PM   #11
Only
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurkinsmommy

I've been hearing its good! I'll give a review on it after tonight I like that the fondue pot is flameless, I'm seriously considering getting one for when I do chocolates and stuff!
I looooove chocolate! I just ate a chocolate turnover. Definitely do a review!

Advertisement

Austen 06/12
Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:16 PM   #12
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Re: Junebugs Chat May 6th-12th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonMama75 View Post
Being new here, I don't know the back story, but wow that sounds really stressful. I hope it all gets worked out quickly for you! Moving at 36 weeks would be difficult, but being evicted and the stress that goes with it would be 100x worse.
the back story just happened Friday, so I don't know how much anyone knows. If anyone wants to hear my whine....my DH moved here in 2008, in mid-Nov. Got a job working at UPS, so made, like $800 for the year. he didn't need to file here (VA) bc he didn't make that much, but he filed in TX for that year. Va tax said he owes $1800 in tax to them that year. Huh? They obviously think he worked all year. I can't talk to them bc we weren't married, so it's all on him. He talked to someone within the past 6 mo and they said to mail his w-2's and a form, which he did. Never heard back, so thought it was fine. Got a registered letter the other day....just says he owes $1800. nothing else. He works during their hours, so didn't call (this was like mon or tues). On thurs, we get a regular letter in the mail from them, hadn't opened it (not certified, I didn't have to sign, etc) and apparently, it said they were freezing our account (with less than 24 hrs notice). We didn't know this. Fri evening we go to get gas. No money. He calls bank. "Your acct is frozen due to a legal issue". Finds out it is bc of the va tax. At that point, they are closed for the weekend. Rent is due at latest on the 5th. It was the 4th. At night. They are also closed for weekend. My mom has a CC we could use but they say they don't accept CC, ONLY cash or bank acct numbers. So, we don't know how fast this will get corrected. It's very scary. Neither of our parents have money and we are really poor. DH left a great job in TX to marry me and it has been touch and go since then. So it's not like we have a cushion.

Sorry for the novel . It felt better to get it out!

Anywho, now I want chocolate, Rosina!

More later.....
Old 05-06-2012, 05:40 PM   #13
scrapandsewon
Registered Users

My Mood:
Oh Jul, what a tough weekend! I hope you guys can get things resolved first thing Monday!!
Old 05-06-2012, 06:54 PM   #14
tinams8
Registered Users
seller

It does take a very long time to get evicted...I bet it will get worked out quickly!

My doula called today, we are meeting her a week from Wednesday. I feel like time is going by so fast... I'm torn, I can't wait to meet my little girl, but I love the anticipation and excitement of being this pregnant. I guess that's why the end gets so uncomfortable, then it's not as hard to want them out!
Old 05-06-2012, 08:12 PM   #15
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Jul - I know evicting someone takes time and you have a chance to appeal. Unless you're consistently late, I think any panel would side with you on this situation.

Nicole - you're making me tired just reading that! And I also had my cervix reverse in progress. I was 3-4cms two weeks ago and then 2-3 last week.

Tina - I totally understand that double mentality. Part of me just wants to hold her in my arms after six weeks of PTL scares. The other half is soaking up every minute of her inside since I know she'll be my last.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.

Last edited by wordmama; 05-06-2012 at 08:15 PM.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:13 PM   #16
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Jul - I know evicting someone takes time and you have a chance to appeal. Unless you're consistently late, I think any panel would side with you on this situation.

Nicole - you're making me tired just reading that! And I also had my cervix reverse in progress. I was 3-4cms two weeks ago and then 2-3 last week.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:15 PM   #17
foggierbard9
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Guess my being "prepared" kept the Supermoon from causing any excitement here....actually pretty happy about that, though I am so uncomfortable.

I have also "discovered" Cherry Berry Chillers from McDonalds....now we don't eat there like EVER...but I saw a sign and I've wanted icees/smoothies/whatever I can get...so I got one, and now I want it ALL THE TIME....I will probably be there tomorrow morning getting one...and then texting DH on his way home for another one
Old 05-06-2012, 08:17 PM   #18
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jul- you should be ok. even if you paid saturday they wouldnt have the funds yet. just call in the am and explain.

nicole- my cervix was like 2.4cm tuesday. thursday i was having ctx 4 minutes apart for HOURS. friday am my cervix was 3cm im pretty sure its just bc someone else was doing the measuring but still highly annoying
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:24 PM   #19
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Pretty exciting week here! DS potty trained! Im putting up all the diapers until the baby comes! Once he's born I'll put DS back in cloth at night. Im looking forward to a break!

I'm meeting with my doula tomorrow. And then Friday I'm ordering the birth kit and pool!
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:49 PM   #20
shelookslikeamom
Registered Users
seller

Oh, Jul, that's a sucky situation, I'm sorry. I really hope everything gets straightened out for you, not only on the apartment front, but also with the taxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaelynsmommy61607 View Post
Pretty exciting week here! DS potty trained! Im putting up all the diapers until the baby comes! Once he's born I'll put DS back in cloth at night. Im looking forward to a break!
Congrats on the potty training! 2y/o DD just recently PT'ed, but then she started daycare and started having accidents all over the place. She's much better now, both at home and at daycare. I was looking forward to putting my CD's away until baby, too, but the regression has DD back in cloth at nighttime. Oh well. At least I'm not changing sheets so often. :-)

The super moon affected me a lot less than I was expecting, however I went to a birthday pool party today, forgot to bring my next dose of Procardia, didn't drink enough water in the hot sun, and came home 4 hours later with painful back labor. Lots of water, lying down, and catching up on the meds made it go away eventually. Note to self: always keep Procardia and a water bottle nearby!