Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-19-2012, 03:44 PM   #131
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
It's the first long weekend of summer in Canada and it is GLORIOUS out! I've been outside all day watching the kids in the wading pool and fetching drinks for DH who is building us a back deck. Feeling very content right now!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:02 PM   #132
lemurkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: JuneBugs Chat, Mother's Day week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugstrees View Post
Paint ball sounds fun - not that any of us are in the position to play!
I'd be tempted to play if it would garuntee labor as an outcome
Old 05-19-2012, 06:24 PM   #133
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

I had trouble all day with the last page of the thread. it was weird.

Rosina, happy anny !

the FB page was made at the very beginning and then the mama stopped posting on here, so it has been hard to get added sometimes (like I left the group when I thought I lost Keola and then had to wait a bit to get added back). The group doesn't see much action, usually, though.

it took me so long to load the page from earlier, I forgot what everyone said

So I have had diarrhea 6 times yesterday and 4-5 today. Sucks cuz it comes out of nowhere and I have to haul up the stairs and hope no one is in the bathroom. No contrax though.

Oh, this is funny....so I have been listening to hypnobabies at night cuz I can't sleep and figure it can't hurt (didn't really help me last time, but I don't think I did it right, lol). So anyway, last night, I had it on my phone, super low....I was all the way on the other side from DH, like against the wall, on my son's twin (which is attached to our king), facing away and having the phone at my ear between the pillow....then there was space, then DS, then DH facing away from me with TWO fans on. Anyway, he wakes at 3am and says, "were you listening to hypnobabies?". He said he had a dream he was listening to her voice and then it would change and get really satanic and deep and she was calling him by name and telling him to do all sorts of terrible things. He was freaked out, lol. There is NO way he heard anything, cuz I could barely hear it!
Old 05-19-2012, 09:16 PM   #134
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

^^ that's a little freaky!!!!!
Old 05-21-2012, 02:09 PM   #135
scrapandsewon
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaelynsmommy61607

It's very pretty but they're not safe.
I have heard this, but do you know why?

Is it because the manufacturer doesn't approve it, therefore they won't back up their seat if you change out the cover?
My understanding is that even using infant inserts is not approved, but most people have to do something, or their newborn would shift all over the place, for at least the first few weeks.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:14 PM   #136
lemurkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapandsewon View Post

Is it because the manufacturer doesn't approve it, therefore they won't back up their seat if you change out the cover?
My understanding is that even using infant inserts is not approved, but most people have to do something, or their newborn would shift all over the place, for at least the first few weeks.
Any aftermarket or homemade item in a carseat will void the manufacturer's waranty on the seat because it has not been tested or designed to be used properly with the seat. I know one of the concerns is that the fabrics are not flame retardent and may be too thick or not able to compress in the right way causing the straps to be too loose which is not safe for little ones. The only things you are allowed to use for head supports etc is whatever is shown in the manual. Mainly a rolled up receiving blanket to help with positioning and placement. Hopefully that explains it
Old 05-21-2012, 02:19 PM   #137
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

I tried to reply and it wouldn't load, but what Rosina said is what I was going to reply. For head lolling about, receiving blankets are the only things you can use. You aren't "attaching" them to the seat, just like you can't use those jj cole over the seat covers...and you can only use pool noodles or a towel to keep the seat slanted the right way.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:03 AM   #138
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapandsewon

They've mainly answered but I want to also add it wasn't crash tested there for making your child the crash test dummy in the event of an accident. I don't really care about the warranty the company may provide. I want to know my child is as safe as possible at all times.
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote