Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-20-2012, 06:24 AM   #1
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

weekly chat May 20-26th...

New week!!!

:yawn: DS has been waking up at 6:30 and I haven't been sleeping at night OR napping this week, so I am just dead tired.

I looked up calcification of placenta and high BP and now I am worried. There is a risk of still birth and he wants me to get a NST every week and sono this week....but the fact that he didn't send me immediately over to the sono place last week means he is not too worried, right? This changes a lot for me. I won't stay home if I haven't had the sono yet and the earliest the closest place can see me is Thursday, so I am gonna make calls tomorrow. I just need peace of mind now. And we (me and DH) both said that when we get the sono, we are gonna look at gender, lol. I am frustrated with my body with the whole high BP/kidney disease thing though. No other OB or MW ever mentioned to me the low fluid or calcification....they did mention in passing the high BP and stillbirth, but they more concentrated on the fact that I could stroke out. My BP isn't that high and I started more meds Friday anyway.

Anywho, in other news, I am planning DS' party this week (it's on Sunday) and trying to get everything done so that way if the baby is already here, it won't be a big deal to do it. I had my 3rd DS' 2nd b-day when his baby brother was a less than 2 wks old, but I this would be more like the baby would be a few days old, lol. I am just doing cupcakes, fruit, veggies, chips and hummus, so I will make the cupcakes early and buy the fruit and veggies last minute in case we have to postpone. And I gotta get the rest of the stuff for the discovery bags we are making for a craft and have a few more ready. Gonna make the boys clean the yard today bc they have school all week and 2 of them work all day Sat, so gotta work 'em while they are here

Advertisement

Last edited by bluedaisyma; 05-20-2012 at 06:26 AM.
bluedaisyma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:35 AM   #2
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Big hugs Jul. I hope the scan and NST show a healthy baby and placenta. And that you can go on to have the birth you hope for.

AFM - I'm going to church today for the first time in over a month. I've either been in hospital, contracting or sick, so I'm looking forward to seeing my church family (though maybe not as excited to hear all the comments about how huge I am now).

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:43 AM   #3
foggierbard9
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: weekly chat May 20-26th...

DD was up SCREAMING at 4 am, no idea what was wrong just that we put her in our bed...and a preggo mommy does not "jump" out of bed as easily so DH had to get up and get her...I was still trying to move to the side of the bed. I've been up since 6:30 because that is when DS woke up, DD woke up for good at 7:30 and DH is still sleeping.

I went to Babies R Us yesterday, by myself, realizing it may be the last trip completely alone for awhile...don't think DH will take too kindly to being left with a breastfed newborn and the other 2 kids will I "run out". I had a free $10 GC and $10 worth of R Us cash coupons to use before they expired so I got a few sleep sacks, some waterproof pads for the changing table and a nasal aspirator since ours has grown legs and ran away.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:16 AM   #4
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

morning!

I overslept a bit because my alarm didn't go off, boo. I have to get ready soon and head to the hospital to do care time. Avery has surgery this morning, and mama is a little nervous.

OrangeBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:54 AM   #5
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBananas
morning!

I overslept a bit because my alarm didn't go off, boo. I have to get ready soon and head to the hospital to do care time. Avery has surgery this morning, and mama is a little nervous.
Will be praying for little Avery.

Jul - I don't think its a very big concern. I looked it up forever ago and remember the statistics being super low. I hope you get in to look at your placenta soon though and get some peace of mind.

AFM had a very busy day yesterday. Ended the night with lots of contractions but they went away so I could sleep. I like those kind. I hope all this practicing is doing my uterus some good!

I still haven't kicked this cold's butt and I'm getting super tired of all the coughing and sneezing, it makes my abs extra sore. For the past week or so I've been super ITCHY. Its driving me insane. From my head to the heels of my feet, everything itches. Scrubbing until I'm red as a lobster in the bathtub and then applying tea tree oil lotion everywhere provides a few hours of relief but not enough.

Sent from my Galaxy Skyrocket using DS Forum
Cautiously expecting #4 10/6/16
EmmaGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:26 AM   #6
lemurkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Spent all day yesterday with contractions and then nothing...had a few this morning but nothing major so looks like we just sit and wait some more I expect at least 1 more week if not 2 before baby actually comes. DH tried to check my cervix for me this morning...In his words "It was weird, it didn't feel normal, it was all squishy" lol! So in otherwords it looks like my cervix is anterior, effacing and baby is probably around 0 station. I had to reassure him that if it doesn't feel normal that's a good thing! at least my body is doing something!
Old 05-20-2012, 12:55 PM   #7
Only
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
seller
seller

Jul, hope everything is okay. I can't wait to see if you're having a boy or a girl!

Savannah, major hugs! Praying everything goes well with Avery.

AFM, I'm laying in bed knitting a pair of newborn longies for nigh time! Then I need to get up and bake muffins and cookies for my brother's care package. He's in Afghanistan, boooo!

Austen 06/12
Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 01:14 PM   #8
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

savannah, praying for avery♥

nothing new here. no church this am. well we WENT(the kids and I) but a water main busted last night so the preschool biulding/main worship center had no running water. the other buildings were fine though. BUT since i work nursery and 2 of mine go to preschool/nursery....and i wasnt dragging a 2 year old and 4 year old to worship i picked older dd back up from sunday school and we left sis tried to call me but didnt leave a message so it was a waste of gas and we have to go back at 5:30(leave at 4:45 bc its 45 minutes away) bc older dd is singing tonight with the choir. so i have 2.5 hours to have the kids nap and clean up before heading back i really wish we lived closer to church.
havent lost any more mucous plug but baby is really low and ive been having some ctx. we arent doing a birthday party for ds and im a little bummed we will do pizza and cupcakes tuesday(his bday) with my bff and sister/nieces and cake saturday with another friend(at her house). but no huge super planned party like i normally do. i just cant do it. i think thats it.......
tired, fat feet hurt, stomach hurts.....
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:12 PM   #9
love2bmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

double post

Last edited by love2bmommy; 05-20-2012 at 02:15 PM.
love2bmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:12 PM   #10
love2bmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am in full-blown nesting mode! The kids and I cleaned all the baby toys and rattles this morning and I washed the fabrics on the bassinette and swing (DH will set them up while I am in the hospital...I don't want them sitting around collecting dog hair before the baby even gets here). Then I asked DH to help me get down all of the boxes with our business records because we have to do a self-audit on our sales tax (which is good timing, because we JUST realized we overpayed about $3000). That turned into reorganizing pretty much the whole basement! Now I have a bunch of stuff to take to Goodwill tomorrow.

I wanted to go out to the lake and have DH take some "pretty" belly pictures of me with the kids, but he decided he was too tired after we cleaned the basement. I'm kind of ticked about that, but oh well. I guess we still have some time, so maybe next weekend (I hope!).

Last edited by love2bmommy; 05-20-2012 at 02:13 PM.
love2bmommy is offline   Reply With Quote