Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-17-2012, 09:42 PM   #1
lalakiwi7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Childbirth videos....

Ok, so I realize this is months away and probably not what most of you are all looking forward to however the thought of feeling my baby and getting to deliver another one brings me to tears! I feel so honored God is letting me doing it again!

Any way, I LOVE LOVE LOVE watching childbirth videos. It is one of my favorite things aside from seeing live births. I think once my kiddos are grown I will go back to get my CNM seeing how I am already a FNP it's not that much more school and its so amazing!

Any way... my first delivery was everything I didn't want!!! I was 12 days late and started bleeding because the placenta was starting to deteriorate and detach (slowly so they ruled it out as extremely dangerous so they still let me labor on my own) I begged to not be induced but my AVI was horrible so they agreed to let me just do cervadil and go from there... very long story but as a favor to me so I wouldn't have to have a c-section (decreased HR, meconium, and I was exhausted) a doc who was not on call but who is awesome at forceps came in and had my baby out in less than a minute. She was perfect and while the aftermath of tearing so badly was HORRIBLE my baby was perfect.

BUT this time around I so want things to go better. I didn't want any interventions and while my MW did an awesome job of really advocating for me it was more complicated than we expected. SOOOOOOOO I am already hoping and praying for round two to go better!!!!

This video is amazing and interesting. I don't know how I feel about nudie dads since my hubby would be mortified but to each their own. Birthing is so personal. I just thought an ocean birth was interesting and the website has some amazing birthing videos!! For those of you who like this kind of thing enjoy!!

http://www.hip-chick-pregnancy-guide...n-birth-movie/

Advertisement

Liesl-(like Sound of Music.) ER Nurse Practitioner part time. Full time wifey to my highschool sweetheart and mommy to DS-2006 (adopted) and DD-2009 (biobaby). We love Jesus! Until the day we meet again missing our three babies 7/2011;11/2011; DS-7/2012. THANKFUL to be After 3 years and 3 losses with our #2 biobaby RAINBOW IT"S A BOY!! Expected 8/2013
lalakiwi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:34 PM   #2
My_Tree_Grows
Registered Users
Formerly: em**nti
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Childbirth videos....

Very interesting, thanks for the share, Mama! I've been watching lots of successful hypnobirths, to have peaceful birth images replace the "warrior mommy" idea stuck in my head from last time - because in the end, that just didn’t work for me.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:24 AM   #3
rachaeljohnson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

oooh nice...i am a birth video and story junkie too.
~MY BLOG~

rachaeljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:22 PM   #4
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DD has asked me to DVR "A Baby Story" for her so she can see the babies be born. I taped one the other day because it was a home birth. I haven't seen another home birth one as I don't want her to see what a hospital birth is like (woman strapped to bed with machines and in no pain) because I have been to the ER way too much for my kidney issues and I don't want her to think a mom is sick when she has a baby.

I wish Netflix or Blockbuster had DVD's we could rent so I could show her those. I am not sure BoBB is a good one for her to watch.....
kaylabelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:49 PM   #5
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I love watching videos too. I often watch them on Youtube. As a matter of fact I have seen a few nude fathers during homebirth...Not a fan. I felt awkward just watching. I felt bad for the midwives because he was very close to the mom and the midwife was VERY close to "him"
Old 07-18-2012, 08:32 PM   #6
lalakiwi7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok so just wondering your thoughts... so my first delivery as stated wasn't all I hope and prayed for. But hubby won't budge on a home birth or anything other than hospital. I LOVE hospitals I work in the ER so I know how many great things we do for people but if possible I think babies can and should be born without a lot of interference. Birth is so personal so seriously whatever works for you but MY personal conviction is such. Any way.... how young is too young to have a child watch a live birth. I think its beautiful and amazing and I don't think I would have ever have a male child watch but a female child I think is perfect acceptable.... I just wouldn't want the child to feel that the baby is causing the mom pain and have issues in the long run. thoughts?? Also, since my first was complicated I wouldn't want that to be a trauma as well but our DD LOVES anything ooey and gooey and medical. my gut says she is too young so it won't be an option this time around but for the future maybe.
Liesl-(like Sound of Music.) ER Nurse Practitioner part time. Full time wifey to my highschool sweetheart and mommy to DS-2006 (adopted) and DD-2009 (biobaby). We love Jesus! Until the day we meet again missing our three babies 7/2011;11/2011; DS-7/2012. THANKFUL to be After 3 years and 3 losses with our #2 biobaby RAINBOW IT"S A BOY!! Expected 8/2013

Last edited by lalakiwi7; 07-18-2012 at 08:33 PM.
lalakiwi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:01 PM   #7
Green Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: mumma1010
seller
seller

My Mood:

My oldest was 2 year 9 months when he stood over my DH's shoulder and watched his brother enter the world (DH caught both our kids). I wouldn't have had it any other way. The boys will be 6 and 3.5 when this one comes, and they will be there for it, unless they choose to leave the room - their choice, but DS1 wouldn't miss it for the world, he is way too excited for the whole experience. He remembers DS2's birth, and he was the one to cut the cord. My midwife's 3-year-old DD was there too. A friend had her son present at both of her subsequent hospital births, he was 2 and 3.5 when his younger siblings were born. Birth is normal, why hide it?
Green Decals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:59 PM   #8
dannimom
Registered Users

My Mood:

Awesome birth! I have seen it before though. On a show about alternative births.
dannimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:14 AM   #9
rachaeljohnson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

dagny-too funny, my daughter watches a homebirth baby story episode over and over...she is hooked.
~MY BLOG~

rachaeljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote