Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-21-2013, 07:57 PM   #21
Huxley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: WTF Progressive Phonics?!

I loved that story. I don't find it creepy, just funny.

Advertisement

Old 03-21-2013, 08:24 PM   #22
harmoni247
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

If I didn't know better, I'd swear my husband wrote that. He comes up with the craziest comics and illustrations.

He wrote our kids a story about a boy whose best friend was a fire hydrant, and they were attached at the hip {quite literally}, so since his leg was attached to a fire hydrant, his life was always complicated {because dogs love to pee on fire hydrants}. And then he met a girl with spoons for thumbs and they were both weird and meant to be together. As strange as it sounds, kids like the weirdest stories that just don't make any sense.

DH's philosophy is to make art that doesn't mean anything. He thinks life can just be fun and doesn't have to be dug around in for deeper meaning, and art {including storytelling} is a reflection of that life. And so, he makes ridiculous stories that make our kids get big belly laughs.

Last edited by harmoni247; 03-21-2013 at 08:28 PM.
harmoni247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:35 PM   #23
RachelC
Registered Users
seller

Oh my goodness...that was hilarious and creepy all at the same time! Seriously, I think we know why these are free to download.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:31 AM   #24
Kristi26
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelC View Post
Oh my goodness...that was hilarious and creepy all at the same time! Seriously, I think we know why these are free to download.
This is exactly what I was just thinking!
-Kristi,wife(5/02), , HSing, CDing,SAHM to Andrew(1/00), Lukas(2/03),Lily (1/06),and Ian (5/09) !Sweet Gwen, stillborn, 12/26/11, angel baby 7/08 Free History plans and more here: http://themommywriter.blogspot.com/
Kristi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:02 AM   #25
syfitz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My daughters would have thought that horrifying, but my son would have thought it was hilarious and silly. I'll probably download them for him.

If you thought it was terrible, don't ever pick up a book of Japanese fairy tales. My dh is Japanese and when I came across a book of Japanese fairy tales, I thought it would be great to read to my kids. The ending of the one I read to them was truly shocking and after I read it there was a slightly awkward moment of silence, then we all looked at each other and cracked up laughing at how absurd it was. I guess they are written to scare little kids into behaving. Crazy stories.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:22 AM   #26
angel nee nee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

syfitz, which story as it? (title)

Click Here
to join suporpoints and get your 50 poits.
Earn points for paypal cash.
Do you like shopping online? Get rebates from ebates, Mr. Rebates
angel nee nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:31 AM   #27
harmoni247
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by syfitz View Post
My daughters would have thought that horrifying, but my son would have thought it was hilarious and silly. I'll probably download them for him.

If you thought it was terrible, don't ever pick up a book of Japanese fairy tales. My dh is Japanese and when I came across a book of Japanese fairy tales, I thought it would be great to read to my kids. The ending of the one I read to them was truly shocking and after I read it there was a slightly awkward moment of silence, then we all looked at each other and cracked up laughing at how absurd it was. I guess they are written to scare little kids into behaving. Crazy stories.
Yep, its like the Grimm's stories. Everyone's heard of Tom Thumb, its classic. Yet, Tom Thumb has to be chopped out of an animal's stomach. Gross and disturbing. That's not even close to the most disturbing Grimm's story out there.
harmoni247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:31 PM   #28
lyn1270
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mom7 View Post
I'm glad I wasn't the only one that thought is was fine...personally I find the Noah's Ark story more sad/scary and people decorate their infant's nursery in that theme! Yeah, cool that the animals made it on the ark but lots of folks died people!
lyn1270 is offline   Reply With Quote