Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-24-2013, 04:00 PM   #41
KLadyBugMama
Registered Users
Formerly: faithfulorangekids
seller
seller

My Mood:
I was thinking of like an older thanksgiving picture that I have of my family and saying we will need one more seat for this Thanksgiving! Or get a pic of my Goldie with a sign that says I'm finally gonna have a buddy to play with and give doggy kisses to in November!!!

Advertisement

Old 03-24-2013, 04:30 PM   #42
jmnanny
Registered Users
seller

Well my mom and step dad know as does my brother and a couple of close friends, I'm waiting as long as possible to tell my bio dad (cause he will have nothing nice to say about it ever), I'm planning on setting up a gender ultrasound for the Saturday before Mother's Day ill be 15 weeks, and ill announce on fb then
Old 03-24-2013, 06:44 PM   #43
MamanMoore
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: When/How are you announcing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses View Post
I love that movie too!

I did something similar at a big family dinner for my dad's birthday with DS2...didn't go over very well though lol
Now I'm going to have that movie. Sounds hilarious
I'm going to have to try that at some point. I'm always awkward about telling people, I should just embrace that and run with it.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:24 PM   #44
Erinne
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamanMoore View Post
Now I'm going to have that movie. Sounds hilarious
I'm going to have to try that at some point. I'm always awkward about telling people, I should just embrace that and run with it.
I'm awkward too. I know it's ridiculous, but even after being married and already having one kid, telling my parents that I, um, was in a position to become with child is kinda embarrassing .
Old 03-25-2013, 08:15 AM   #45
betsybikes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithfulorangekids
I was thinking of like an older thanksgiving picture that I have of my family and saying we will need one more seat for this Thanksgiving! Or get a pic of my Goldie with a sign that says I'm finally gonna have a buddy to play with and give doggy kisses to in November!!!
Love it!!! That's adorable!

My mixed lot listed here:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...1#post17149541
betsybikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:12 AM   #46
jmnanny
Registered Users
seller

I'm going to announce on fb on Mother's Day ill be 15 weeks and a couple days, I am going to try to get a gender ultrasound at one of those private ultrasound places the day before, they say they can start doing them at 15 weeks and if they can't determine you get to come back for free
Old 03-25-2013, 04:17 PM   #47
lovebabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erinne View Post
Haha, I should have mentioned that we don't live near our family. It'll be over the phone, or I guess we could do skype.
When we announced #2, I made my daughter a shirt that said "I'm going to be a big sister" and we skyped with my family and just stood her up to show her off and they noticed the writing on the shirt. It was really fun!
Old 03-25-2013, 06:01 PM   #48
nolansmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Loving all the ideas ladies! We are still waiting to tell. I am hoping we get to tell great grandpa. He was recently diagnosed with leukemia and he won't do treatment. I am trying to think of an extra special way to tell him in case we do get that chance.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:03 PM   #49
mamatoclaire
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I think we'll announce with Mother's Day cards. I'll be 11 weeks. We want to do the pic of our feet and say "our family is growing by two feet" and "with love from the four of us" and then just wait for our families to call (we don't have any family nearby). Then once family knows I'll put the pic up on Facebook.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 04-26-2013, 10:20 AM   #50
jandk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

In January, we had a m/c at 7 weeks... right after telling everyone. This time, we waited until after the ultrasound... I was 10 weeks. I usually don't get ultrasounds, but I just needed to be sure everything was okay this time.
We didn't get the chance to tell anybody in a special way this time. By the time you announce a pregnancy for the fifth time, all you have to do is invite people over for dinner, and they already know what you are going to tell them.

We still haven't told my dad, but he wasn't really thrilled about any of our other babies, so we aren't in any huge hurry.
I did tell my grandma, who tells me that my hub is due for a vasectomy after we have told her we were expecting all our other babies. Luckily, she lives far away and I told her over email... So I don't have to deal with her opinion on this one quite yet.