Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-13-2014, 11:54 AM   #21
emmaluv+1more
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Official arrivals thread

Our 4th baby girl arrived at 6:41 am on 4/9/14 at 40+4. She weighed 7lbs 9 oz and measured 19 in.

I woke up Tuesday morning to very mild cramps that lasted into the afternoon. By 3 pm I was fairly certain this was the real deal (contractions on and off for 5 days prior). Checked into the hospital at 3 am. Due to prolonged heart decels following every contraction dr decided I was going to go ahead and deliver at 7.5 cm. She broke my water and manually stretched my cervix to a 10 while I pushed. Very painful, but baby girl was born within 6 minutes. We are home and doing great. Very blessed indeed!

Advertisement

emmaluv+1more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:16 AM   #22
newbiemama
Registered Users
Formerly: justanauntie

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama*Kim View Post

Baby's name:
EDD:
Actual birthdate:
Gestation:
Boy or girl:
A short birth story perhaps:
And pictures, of course:
Laura Josephine
EDD 4/14, arrived on 4/14
8lbs 10 oz, 21 inches

Laura surprised us all by coming into this world quickly. My water broke at 7pm and she was born at 8:50pm at home, in the living room, surrounded by EMTs! labor started out so mild, cx about 2-4 min apart but short and not intense. by the time we called grandma to come over and tried to get into the van to go to the hospital, i knew it was too late and the baby was coming NOW!! the unfortunate part was that all the grandparents (there were 3, because one couldn't get here soon enough and then apparently they could not figure out how to put in the dang car seat) and children were trapped in the driveway because of the ambulance, so all were present when Laura came into the world!! our doula even missed the birth, but was by my side shortly after to help me though the afterbirth. it was such a fast roller coaster ride, but now we are all home together, happy family of 5!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ambulance Ride.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	166701  
Laura Josephine (3)
and William Thomas

Last edited by newbiemama; 04-18-2014 at 10:20 AM.
newbiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 12:53 PM   #23
myoo
Registered Users

My Mood:

Holy schmoley, newbiemama!!! Glad it all turned out well. Congrats to all on the new babies!
Old 04-21-2014, 09:00 AM   #24
newbiemama
Registered Users
Formerly: justanauntie

My Mood:

any others yet??
Laura Josephine (3)
and William Thomas
newbiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:37 AM   #25
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama*Kim
Since we've got less than a month before the first of our babies is due, I figured its about time to get ready to start hearing about them. And those of us due at the end of the month can start living vicariously through the rest of you. Baby's name: EDD: Actual birthdate: Gestation: Boy or girl: A short birth story perhaps: And pictures, of course:
Baby's name: Audrey Lane Edd: April 21 Birthdate: April 15 Gestation: 39+1 Audrey is my fourth baby. All of my labors have been short and sweet, with no prodromal labor. Not this time. I lost my mucous plug at 3am Saturday morning. I felt sure she would come that evening. I had contractions on and off all day, and felt my cervix stretching and opening. I canceled our plans for the day and spent the day cleaning and organizing baby things. By bedtime, labor had stopped! Sunday and Monday were repeats. On Monday I went in for my biweekly NST and AFI. My fluid looked low, so I had to come back that evening for a recheck, where my fluid was, in fact, just fine. I was contracting just fine until I would walk into the hospital - then it would all stop! I was on the fetal monitor for hours that day, having no contractions. I was on the monitor from 10-midnight and had nothing. We went home, and at 2am full blown labor was here. I labored alone until 6am, when I woke my husband up by throwing shampoo bottles at the bathroom door. I was in the bathtub and couldn't get up, because the contractions were too intense! Sometime in all this my ex dropped the 2yo old off and hung out for a few contractions. He was very sweet and supportive of both me and DH. He gave DH lots of encouragement and that made me happy, because I am proud that we all work together and coparent as family and not enemies. My mom came over to take care of the two year old. I was in excruciating pain, nothing like my previous labors. I was just getting ready to throw in the towel and head to the hospital (I faintly remember begging for drugs) when I reached in and felt her head a finger length away. I didn't feel the need to push, but at that point I knew she would be a car birth if we left, so I told myself to suck it up and stop being a wimp. I never did feel really pushy, but at some point probably half an hour later I decided I was done and gave one big push. Out came her head, and the water broke with a pop. I checked for the cord, it wasn't around her neck, and I pushed two more times with DH saying "you've got this! There went the shoulders!" She shot across the tub full of water and he caught her. She cried immediately and pinked right up. She was latched on to my breast like a pro within minutes. She was my tiniest baby by more than a pound and more that an inch at 6lbs 5oz and 17.75in long. But, she was hands down my hardest labor. She was born at 8:40am ish after about 6.5 hours of intense labor. I think my level of exhaustion, from the prodromal labor, played a large part in the agonizing birth, but I also think she was in a strange position that no amount of spinning babies really corrected. I also battled pneumonia for 3 months of the pregnancy, planned a wedding and got married, and had 5ths disease for the first time in my life. So, I probably wasn't as healthy as I could have been. But, she was worth every second of it of course, and I'm proud that she was an unassisted home birth like all of her siblings. We will do it the same way next time. Sorry, that wasn't exactly short.

Last edited by L J; 04-21-2014 at 11:46 AM.
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:51 PM   #26
millermyer2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Baby's name:Maelyn Elizabeth
EDD:April 22
Actual birthdate:April 14
Gestation:38 wks 6 days
Boy or girl:girl
A short birth story perhaps: I started having contractions every night for a week. They would completely go away by morning. I was sick of being up all night and exhausted so I went in. My contractions were 5 minutes apart when I got to the hospital about 1 am. I was 6cm and 95% when I got there. By 8 I was 7cm and my contractions had spaced out so my Dr broke my water and started pit. She was here after 3 pushes at 8:44 am.

ForumRunner_20140421_145111.jpg
Old 04-21-2014, 05:59 PM   #27
moose750810
Registered Users

Love all the stories!! Congrats ladies!
moose750810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:50 AM   #28
myoo
Registered Users

My Mood:

DS2 arrived yesterday morning by scheduled repeat c/s. He was posterior and hard to get out, but cried lustily and nurses quite well. A very happy birth! I don't share names here, but he was 9lb14oz, 21 in, at 39w4d. He is a sweetie and we are doing well.
Old 04-27-2014, 02:02 PM   #29
Designsbybequi
Registered Users
seller

Congratulations myoo, from a fellow csection mama. Praying you have a fast recovery and so glad all went well. I have a 3 week old and finally getting back into the swing of things. The first couple weeks were tough but found so much joy in our newbie.