Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-24-2016, 09:17 AM   #11
klnra
Registered Users
seller

Re: April 2017 anyone?

I'm Kelsey.

Hi, Denise! Glad to have someone else due at the end of the month

Rachael, how are you feeling?

Advertisement

klnra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 07:57 AM   #12
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by klnra View Post
I'm Kelsey.

Hi, Denise! Glad to have someone else due at the end of the month

Rachael, how are you feeling?

Hey! I am feeling YUCK! But not as bad as usual, so I'm counting my blessings.

The last few days I haven't felt like eating anything. I do anyway, but chicken soup is the only thing that actually tastes good.

How are the rest of you this morning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 09:00 AM   #13
klnra
Registered Users
seller

Dang, I'm sorry. At least there's something that does still taste good! How long does your morning sickness typically last?

The progesterone is making me so lethargic! I'm deep cleaning the house this week and have had the drive to get it done, but wow I am so wiped out after a couple hours. Get weak when I'm hungry too, but otherwise feeling pretty good! I get terrible pregnancy insomnia so my doctor has me take half a unisom tab--started that a couple nights ago and it makes a huge difference. I think it helps with the nausea too, but it's still too early for that yet
Old 08-25-2016, 09:11 AM   #14
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Dang, I'm sorry. At least there's something that does still taste good! How long does your morning sickness typically last?

The progesterone is making me so lethargic! I'm deep cleaning the house this week and have had the drive to get it done, but wow I am so wiped out after a couple hours. Get weak when I'm hungry too, but otherwise feeling pretty good! I get terrible pregnancy insomnia so my doctor has me take half a unisom tab--started that a couple nights ago and it makes a huge difference. I think it helps with the nausea too, but it's still too early for that yet

Oh wow! Bless your heart. I am tired too but the last few days have been jam packed so I had no choice but to keep moving.

Just try to do a couple hours at a time. Then sit down and eat a snack. Then try to do another hour.

How long do you have to take progesterone?

My sickness generally lasts almost the whole pregnancy. I have had one pregnancy where it leveled off halfway through the second trimester.

This will be Baby #5 for us.

Old 08-25-2016, 09:38 AM   #15
klnra
Registered Users
seller

I start weaning at 10 weeks and am off at 12. Yep, definitely taking snack breaks! I loved being pregnant with my daughter and am hoping it's the same for this pregnancy.

I can't imagine being sick the whole time :/ especially with other kids to take care of. What are their ages?
Old 08-25-2016, 09:49 AM   #16
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
I start weaning at 10 weeks and am off at 12. Yep, definitely taking snack breaks! I loved being pregnant with my daughter and am hoping it's the same for this pregnancy.

I can't imagine being sick the whole time :/ especially with other kids to take care of. What are their ages?

It's not for the faint of heart. But it's all a fuzzy memory once that little bundle is in my arms. ❤️

6 YO girl
5 YO boy
3.75 YO girl
20 month old girl

The gap between the new baby and my 20 month old will be our largest gap. They will be 28 months apart.

We haven't told anyone yet. I think this time we will wait until I'm showing, which hopefully won't be before Thanksgiving. But I may become obvious before then!!! My pants are already tight. I am always in the lookout for skirts but they are hard to find for me.

Old 08-25-2016, 10:06 AM   #17
klnra
Registered Users
seller

Oh wow they're all close in age! I love that. I'd like all our kids to be close in age too. This baby and my daughter will be 16 months apart

Can I ask why you want to wait so long to tell? My parents are the only ones who know so far and I'll probably wait till the viability scan to tell my siblings. Extended family/church family will probably guess but keep quiet til we're ready to share.
Old 08-25-2016, 12:06 PM   #18
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Oh wow they're all close in age! I love that. I'd like all our kids to be close in age too. This baby and my daughter will be 16 months apart

Can I ask why you want to wait so long to tell? My parents are the only ones who know so far and I'll probably wait till the viability scan to tell my siblings. Extended family/church family will probably guess but keep quiet til we're ready to share.

We get a lot of rude comments because we have 4 close in age. I have gotten over it but it still gets old hearing the same old mess over and over. "Don't you know what causes that?" "Don't y'all watch T.V.?" I get sickened by people acting like we are collecting dogs instead of adding a human life to our very loved, very wanted family.

My husband's mother is really rude. When we were expecting my 20 month old, Annley, she told us she was "alarmed." WTHeck does that mean? So, we are very happy to be adding to our family but I just like to keep things simpler by avoiding the idiotic comments.

I have a different reason for waiting to tell my mom. She dearly loves all her grandchildren and has no problem with us wanting more. However, she really gets worried about my health. There isn't any real reason to think that something will happen to me, but she still stresses hard until Baby is safely here. So do I, but I can spare her some worry for a little while.

I had a second trimester loss with my first pregnancy. I am still not "over it." I won't ever be, of course. It was discovered that I have a clotting disorder so I have to take blood thinner shots starting at 14 weeks. This adds to my mom's worry.

Old 08-26-2016, 05:36 PM   #19
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

I just found out a girl at my church is due about three weeks before me! That's gonna make it really hard not to tell.

Old 08-26-2016, 06:27 PM   #20
klnra
Registered Users
seller

Oh how exciting! I was the last one in our church to have a baby and I'm hoping to have a few more mamas join me this time around.

That's too bad about people's comments. Totally understandable why you wouldn't want to say anything for awhile. I'm really sorry about your loss too

My mom's also a worrier for no good reason! I tease her relentlessly.

Have you ever guessed the gender of your baby correctly? Do you plan to find out?