Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-26-2016, 07:06 PM   #21
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Re: April 2017 anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by klnra View Post
Oh how exciting! I was the last one in our church to have a baby and I'm hoping to have a few more mamas join me this time around.

That's too bad about people's comments. Totally understandable why you wouldn't want to say anything for awhile. I'm really sorry about your loss too

My mom's also a worrier for no good reason! I tease her relentlessly.

Have you ever guessed the gender of your baby correctly? Do you plan to find out?

Ohhh!!! The million dollar question. Actually I have been right about 3 out of 4 of my babies. But this last one fooled me big time!!!

I have found out the genders of #1,2 and 4. We let #3 be a surprise. It was fun but not really mind blowing fun, more of a calm exhilaration. LOL I know that sounds stupid!

I don't want to find out this time. But it's so hard for me to wait... So I don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement

MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 10:29 PM   #22
klnra
Registered Users
seller

The tech let the gender slip at our 20 week anatomy scan, but only I caught it ("I can't get her to move!") because my husband was preoccupied looking at the pictures that were just printed. I managed to keep it a secret from everyone til she was born it was fun to be the only one who knew. But I'd like to experience the suspense this time!

Do you remember how early you had an inclination of gender? I've caught myself thinking "she" already but my husband is thinking boy. Of course
klnra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 08:06 AM   #23
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
The tech let the gender slip at our 20 week anatomy scan, but only I caught it ("I can't get her to move!") because my husband was preoccupied looking at the pictures that were just printed. I managed to keep it a secret from everyone til she was born it was fun to be the only one who knew. But I'd like to experience the suspense this time!

Do you remember how early you had an inclination of gender? I've caught myself thinking "she" already but my husband is thinking boy. Of course

Very early... Several weeks along.

At the ultrasound where we went to find out the gender of #4, I knew before everyone else because I saw clearly on screen. My mom and husband didn't know what they were looking at.

Old 08-27-2016, 10:13 AM   #24
klnra
Registered Users
seller

Any inkling with this one yet?

I got diaper purchase-happy this week! Bought some newborn AIOs and covers. Going to knit some itty bitty wool too Having a baby to take care of certainly is making time go by faster this time but it's still a long wait through the first trimester. Prepping for this little one helps keep me positive and hopeful.
Old 08-27-2016, 11:37 AM   #25
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Any inkling with this one yet?

I got diaper purchase-happy this week! Bought some newborn AIOs and covers. Going to knit some itty bitty wool too Having a baby to take care of certainly is making time go by faster this time but it's still a long wait through the first trimester. Prepping for this little one helps keep me positive and hopeful.

Yay!! I think I'm going to go with flats. I really hate bulky diapers. I have 3 small Sweet Iris that I bought for my last little. I really loved them but couldn't justify the price at the time. So maybe those?

Or I have seen the padfold size on newborns.

I already have 18 mediums which might work also.

Old 08-27-2016, 03:08 PM   #26
klnra
Registered Users
seller

I tested out mini folds on my mediums and liked it well enough. I think it'll be less bulky than the half-flats and I find them more versatile. We're a flats family too but have AIOs for church/outings.
Old 08-27-2016, 03:34 PM   #27
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
I tested out mini folds on my mediums and liked it well enough. I think it'll be less bulky than the half-flats and I find them more versatile. We're a flats family too but have AIOs for church/outings.

I have AIOs for church also. Actually, I just sold all but one AIO. It's a Thirsties Natural.

I have never used AIOs on a newborn. Any brand suggestions? I may try the Thirsties Natural. My church always gifts new babies with tons of disposables. I would love to donate most of those to our local pregnancy center and use my cloth. But last time I was afraid they would find out. Ha!
They know I use cloth but they gave us disposables anyway. I guess it's the thought that counts..... And they were handy in the early days.

I might play with my medium Sweet Iris. You don't think the padfold are newborn worthy? I don't actually have any but I have GMDs half-flat which is almost the same size.

Old 08-27-2016, 03:43 PM   #28
LAF512
Registered Users
seller

Hope you don't mind if I join you all. I'm due with baby #4 on 4/21! I was just looking at cloth diapers and dreaming about the stash I'm going to buy for this little one. I can't wait. My youngest is going to be 6 next week so it's been a long time since I've had a kid in diapers, but I am so looking forward to cd'ing again!!
LAF512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 03:44 PM   #29
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAF512 View Post
Hope you don't mind if I join you all. I'm due with baby #4 on 4/21! I was just looking at cloth diapers and dreaming about the stash I'm going to buy for this little one. I can't wait. My youngest is going to be 6 next week so it's been a long time since I've had a kid in diapers, but I am so looking forward to cd'ing again!!

Welcome!!! And congratulations! We just started talking about diapers as I'm sure you read. What do you think you will use?

Old 08-27-2016, 05:16 PM   #30
LAF512
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
Welcome!!! And congratulations! We just started talking about diapers as I'm sure you read. What do you think you will use?

I'm planning to go simple/cheap and use mostly flats and prefolds. I went a little overboard with my first three and spent way too much on cloth so I'm trying to economize this time. I have some diapers left from cd'ing before, but I'm not sure what I have anymore so I'll round out my stash once I see what I already have.
LAF512 is offline   Reply With Quote