Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-28-2017, 08:37 AM   #1
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Postpartum cloth

I have been contemplating using cloth pads for postpartum this time around but I know nothing!

Do they really hold enough for pp bleeding?! Any tips, advice, stories...

Any info is welcome!

Thank you, thank you!

Advertisement

kmrotski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 10:04 AM   #2
life.sew.simple
Registered Users
Formerly: *home*mademama
seller

Re: Postpartum cloth

Yes! They are wonderful and make it a lot less uncomfortable during that special time with new baby. They do indeed hold enough if you get some well made ones...Pink Lemonade or Mother Moon do great! Congratulations too!
Old 01-28-2017, 10:44 AM   #3
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

I can't justify buying special pads just for a week or two of use. So I used small padfolded flats and they worked wonderfully well. I don't use CDs on my babies until the cord falls off, because they always seem to irritate the stump no matter what I use. So I use baby's diapers for myself for a week or two until the cord falls off. By then my own PP bleeding is so light that my regular mama cloth is sufficient.
Melinda29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 02:40 PM   #4
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Bumping this for any more info
kmrotski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 06:56 PM   #5
WannaBeGreen2011
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have some PP cloth from Pink Lemonade. Kind of a pricey investment but I've used them through three kids now and every one of them still looks brand new. We are likely done with kids now so I could sell them and get money back or give them to a new mom with pride.

We CD from day 1 so I just wash them with diapers or towels (both washed on hot) and then dry them. I toss them in the diaper pail when I change them without pre-rinsing or anything. I think I have 6 or 8 and find that to be plenty as I do diapers or towels every few days. The last two births the midwife has given me 2-3 disposable pads for use the first day or two which is when the bulk of the bleeding is going on. Never had an issue with the cloth not holding all the blood, but as I said I started using cloth about 2 days PP.
WannaBeGreen2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 07:06 PM   #6
twood80
Registered Users
seller
seller

Some women find that wearing disposable pads that long results in getting a plastic or chemical sensitivity. And yes, they really do work, they can be thrown in with your cloth diaper laundry, you'll do it often during the newborn phase anyway. The "overnight" size will likely get you through everything except the first couple of days (where if you're in a hospital they might be supplying you with those big disposable pads anyway), and then can be used as overnight cloth pads for years. Similarly as your postpartum flow lightens, regular sized cloth pads can be used, and then used for regular cycles later.
twood80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:33 AM   #7
Crumpkin
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeGreen2011 View Post
I have some PP cloth from Pink Lemonade. Kind of a pricey investment but I've used them through three kids now and every one of them still looks brand new. We are likely done with kids now so I could sell them and get money back or give them to a new mom with pride.
Great to hear! I'm looking at some Pink Lemonade Pads right now. I've only ever used a Diva cup and hate disposable pads, so hopefully this will be just what I'm looking for postpartum!
Crumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote