Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-06-2013, 10:45 AM   #61
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola
I hate my Radians more than life itself. So, it defintely makes it hard. I would pay any amount of money not to have to have the Radian. We actually looked long and hard at the Clek, but just couldn't justify the price tag. But we hate the Radians we a passion.
I will never understand your passionate hate for the radian lol

Advertisement

Old 05-06-2013, 09:30 PM   #62
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: If $ wasnt a factor which carseat would you get?

It cuts the hell out of my hand installing RFing, and is next to impossible to get a good install in my Odyssey. It over reclines without the AA. And the super latch comes loose constantly, so you have to use the seatbelts. Diono has sent me 2 replacement latch straps to fix the problem and it never has. It is not Odyssey friendly at all RFing.

I move seats a bunch because I haul basses in my van on a regular basis (orchestra teacher). I install seats at least once a week. Radian takes a good 15-20 minutes to get in solidly. But I can have TrueFit and Frontier in about 5 minutes each.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...

Last edited by luvsviola; 05-06-2013 at 09:31 PM.
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:49 PM   #63
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: If $ wasnt a factor which carseat would you get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola View Post
It cuts the hell out of my hand installing RFing, and is next to impossible to get a good install in my Odyssey. It over reclines without the AA. And the super latch comes loose constantly, so you have to use the seatbelts. Diono has sent me 2 replacement latch straps to fix the problem and it never has. It is not Odyssey friendly at all RFing.

I move seats a bunch because I haul basses in my van on a regular basis (orchestra teacher). I install seats at least once a week. Radian takes a good 15-20 minutes to get in solidly. But I can have TrueFit and Frontier in about 5 minutes each.
Ok ok..I can see why you hate it. If you had a different vehicle or didn't have to uninstall all the time you would love it...or at least I am going to pretend you would LOL
Old 05-06-2013, 10:53 PM   #64
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkinBoutMyGirl

It is in no way shorter than the Radian. My DD has way more room in it than the Radian. For reference my DD is almost 4.5 and only 36lbs fully clothed (dead on the 50th percentile for weight). She could easily make it to 5 in the Nextfit and the Radian RXT would be probably 6 if not older RF. The average child is fine with a 35lb weight limit to RF to at least 3, if not 4. Also no way will a 70lb child still fit in a Radian harness unless they are really big and really short...so the 5lbs less on the Chicco would be the same way. The average boy will be 9 at 70lbs and a 95 percentile 70lber would be 7 years old. A 7 year old could still fit in the harness but odds are a child that age would be perfectly fine in a booster. I hope all that made sense!

$50!! What the eff..why are they half off?!?!
I have no idea. There's just one or two boxes (all the more reason to buy them, 2!) on a 4 way in the back action alley near the toddler clothes. They're clearanced too, the sticker is red. I keep waffling between buying them because clearance must mean they're not going to carry them anymore, and not buying them because I don't *need* them. I have no clue where I'd put the radians to store them. My husband likes them because they're so low profile and his truck is lifted.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:12 PM   #65
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dory

I have no idea. There's just one or two boxes (all the more reason to buy them, 2!) on a 4 way in the back action alley near the toddler clothes. They're clearanced too, the sticker is red. I keep waffling between buying them because clearance must mean they're not going to carry them anymore, and not buying them because I don't *need* them. I have no clue where I'd put the radians to store them. My husband likes them because they're so low profile and his truck is lifted.
Do it!!!!!
Old 05-07-2013, 01:35 AM   #66
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

So we went to target and I must say that I LOVE LOVE the nextfit by Chico.
Only I forgot to take a pic of her in it. It is so nice & the sides are so thick it seems so sturdy & very well made. This Carseat is seriously so heavy!

We tried the graco headwise 70 & it was okay felt a little cheap
It is not letting me paste the photos urgh!

We also tried the safety 1st air and I want to try the air plus. It is nicer quality like the nextfit but lighter weight & the sides are much thinner. I don't think it has a recline on it which is a bummer, so I need to look at the air plus to see if it reclines & to see if the sides are thicker.

Hopefully Wednesday I can go to babies r us & try their seats including britax
Sarah-B is online now   Reply With Quote