Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-10-2008, 06:58 PM   #1
haydn'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I need major carseat help

I have a Alpha Omega Elite that stays in my car. It was installed by the fire dept and recently checked by THP. We have another car seat, a Graco Safeseat, that we put in dh's truck and the sitter's car if needed. My ds is pretty well outgrown it in length now, and we need a new one. I need recommendations for a resonably priced carseat that will allow ds to remain RF and can be moved in and out of a vehicle fairly easily. It would be in dh's truck (Toyota Tacoma) in the front seat (no airbag and yes, the thought of front seat makes me want to vomit) or in the sitter's PT Cruiser in the back seat. It needs to be fairly easy to install or have a base that can stay in the back of the sitter's car to make it easier for her. It wouldn't be used much, the Graco has only been used a handful of times in the last 10mos, but I need it for emergencies. TIA!!

Advertisement

SO to my big papa, stepmom to the fabulous Ben, and mama to my tornado of destruction, Haydn 3.2.07, my precious monkey Emerson 9.8.09 and my two angel babies 1.20.13 and 3.1.13, and cautiously with a miracle
haydn'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 08:35 PM   #2
JackieLyn
feeling festive
seller

My Mood:
Re: I need major carseat help

The Cosco Scenara is an awesome cheap convertible that is about $40 at walmart, it's light and would probably be pretty easy to move around, it has a 35 lb RF'ing limit also
Old 02-11-2008, 12:14 AM   #3
momto3Es
Registered Users
Formerly: momto2Es
seller

My Mood:
Re: I need major carseat help

You won't find a convertible seat with a detatchable, leave-in car base like an infant seat.

I know you say it wouldn't be used much, but I think I'd get two Sceneras. Moving the seat back & forth leaves too much room for install errors. Unless all people who will be installing it are properly trained on how to do so by a certified tech, then there is too much room for error. When we had DS, we had one infant seat & two bases. When it came time to switch him to a convertible, I kept price in mind because I knew I needed 2 of them b/c I didn't want to move one back & forth.