Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-11-2008, 01:57 PM   #11
ericahex
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: What is your babies routine?

I liked The No Cry Sleep Solution. In short Pantley suggests you make sure your near baby around their usual wakeup time and do EVERYTHING to get them back to sleep once they wake up from that nap. Keep him up later, and then be nearby as soon as he starts to stir. Do everything you can to get him back to sleep. I found with my guy that it didn't take long for him to sleep longer rather then getting up from that nap. A big part for him is that he HAS to stay in his room and it has to stay dark for him to go back to sleep. Even if I bring him into my bed, he'll think it's time to get up and party. Soon he was used to sleeping longer and didn't need me anymore to do it.

Advertisement

Life at the Zoo
ericahex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 02:58 PM   #12
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Make his evening nap 20-30 minutes and then wake him up. See if that helps!
Old 02-11-2008, 02:59 PM   #13
MatildasMum
Registered
seller

My Mood:

My baby's routine? *sigh* She doesn't have one.
MatildasMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 07:05 PM   #14
MW69842
Banned/ Member requested
formerly equivocal
seller

My Mood:

My daughter's been going to bed between 7-8 p.m. basically since right after she started daycare (8 weeks) and has been sleeping through the night since just before 3 months, though there was a span of about a month where she woke up, at least once. I believe it was, because she was sick during that time and was still trying to "catch up" nutritionally.

Anyway... she doesn't get any sort of quality nap at daycare... at most, 45 minutes total for the entire time that she's there (7:45 a.m. 'til 3 p.m., M-F). At least 3 days during the work week (so, 3 out of 5 days), she's asleep once she hits her car seat in my car. And she stays asleep 'til 4:30-5:30 p.m. If she sleeps the entire night, then she'll wake up anywhere between 6-7 a.m.

During the weekend, her nap frequency increases -- usually about 2-3 naps... ranging from 45 minutes to 2 hours each and they're usually earlier in the day.

She's been doing this pretty much since she started daycare, so it's within your age range.

She is 6.5 months old.
MW69842 is offline   Reply With Quote