Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-18-2014, 10:11 AM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: When to turn a toddler

Good for you to make it this long! Yes, continuing to RF is Safest. I'm glad that the videos were compelling; they are part of what convinced me to keep my kids rfing too. Try to keep your LO RFing as long as your seat allows.

My DD rf to 4y5m full time and went to a booster part time at that age, then went full-time ffing at 4y10.5m (when she started kindergarten). My son is still rfing at 5y1week, but he has a bone age delay, so turning him ffing is absolutely unsafe for him (his bones were only 2yo at his bone age test last year, we're hoping for an improvement this year, but we're still waiting on results; we won't turn him ffing until his bones are 4yo)

S, mama to my 3rd grader, K (9/07) and my 1st grader, e (7/09) and married to my best friend, E (2007)
lanwenyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 05:37 PM   #12
Registered Users

Our doctor said, after working in an ER for a number of years, that it is much easier to fix a broken leg (from being so tight in a rear-facing position) than a head/neck injury. Definitely go with rear-facing as long as possible.
EzraDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:42 PM   #13
Registered Users

Definitely rear face! Those videos from youtube have more than convinced other skeptical parents that I have talked to!
ewcomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:43 PM   #14
Registered Users

My DS turns 5 in 6 weeks and is still RF in our Radian. He will continue to RF until the very limits of the seat. His safety is my job and that is so much more important to me than convenience or anyone else's opinions.
abbeysmom is offline   Reply With Quote