Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2007, 10:01 PM   #1
jillianh
Banned

My Mood:
could this be it?

i took my dog for a walk about 2 hours ago (a short one to get the mail). since i got back i have had some low back cramps and seemingly BH contrax in the front. i'm sipping on water and all that and it is sorta helping, i'm still feeling the low back cramping and all but the bh have stopped. it's been on and off like every 8-10 minutes for the last hour or so but not lasting that long

Advertisement

jillianh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 10:10 PM   #2
hsjwmom
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: could this be it?

Maybe...It could be back labor just starting?!
Old 12-14-2007, 02:49 AM   #3
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

It does sound like what back labor feels like, but it also sounds like it is 'early'. Do you have any other symptoms like bloody show? If you don't.. maybe you are just tired, etc and your body is practicing? I know with Gage I 'practiced" way too much and the BH were very painful.
to you!!

Please keep us posted!
Old 12-14-2007, 07:05 AM   #4
jillianh
Banned

My Mood:

still around and pregnant
Old 12-14-2007, 08:41 AM   #5
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillianh View Post
still around and pregnant
I am sure your body is warming up for labor. I had lots of hard contractions throughout my pregnancy with Gage. I was even admitted to the hospital because they were so regular, but I only dilated 1 cm then they completely stopped! This went on for several months, but surprisingly I showed up to my ob's office to discuss induction {I had Severe PreEclampsia & GD} and he checked me and I was dilated 5/6cms and wasn't even having a lot of pain. So atleast the 'practice ones" were helping and I didn't even know it.

Is this your first baby? How far along are you?
Old 12-14-2007, 08:59 AM   #6
jillianh
Banned

My Mood:

yeah this is my first baby and i'm just around 40 weeks
Old 12-14-2007, 09:04 AM   #7
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
yeah this is my first baby and i'm just around 40 weeks
First babies are usually 'late', but that doesn't mean that you won't go into labor sometime this week. My first was induced starting my 43 week of pregnancy because I wasn't even thinned or dilated ANY! My cousin on the other hand went 2 weeks early for her first. It does sound like you are getting ready for labor and who knows.. maybe you are just in 'early labor". That drug out for a long time with me, but every pregnancy is so different.

Hang in there Mama!! I am sure your baby will be coming soon! Please keep us posted and don't forget to post your birth story and pictures!
Old 12-14-2007, 09:53 AM   #8
jillianh
Banned

My Mood:

Thank you for the encouraging words. I was 50% effaced last week and I go back today to the OB so we'll see if I've dilated at all.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:04 AM   #9
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Thank you for the encouraging words. I was 50% effaced last week and I go back today to the OB so we'll see if I've dilated at all.
That is great news mama!! I never even effaced or anything on my own. It sounds like you are definitely working on labor. I wouldn't be surprised if you aren't dilated some atleast. Make sure to update when you get back from the ob's okay? GOOD LUCK!!
Old 12-14-2007, 11:33 AM   #10
oconnellhouse@msn.com
Registered Users

My Mood:

It could be. With my first one all I had was mostly back labor. Pains (not cramps in my lower back). They just kept getting worse and worse but I was in labor for ever. I would just ride it out for a while and see. I did not even call the doctor until I had been in labor for about 8 hours - but I had a 20 hour labor all together.
oconnellhouse@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote