Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-22-2013, 04:55 AM   #21
Registered Users
Re: Moms of strawberry babies

My dd (3) has one in the same place the middle of her head. It peaked about 18mos and was very big (quarter) and raised, and now it is still big but flat and lighter color. Her hair grows through it so that hasn't been too much of a problem.

Pam - in love with BFDH & mama to Isobel 11/5/09!
Riverleaf1772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:47 AM   #22
Registered Users

My oldest DS had one that covered half of his lower lip. We chose to treat it after doing a lot of research and meeting with several plastic surgeons. It seems that hemangiomas on lips and noses will eventually fade but because the skin is so thin it never recovers fully. Starting at five months he had three laser surgeries and the day after he turned two a final excisions surgery. He has a very thin scar on the inside of his lip other then that you would never know it was there.
Angie, mom to beautiful boys A (5/01), H (3/10) and B (12/11). All children deserve to be vaccinated, it could save their lives!
GrazieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:50 PM   #23
Registered Users
My Mood:
Thanks everyone!
SAHM to my spunky boy born 1/2010 and sweet new boy born 11/2012
Patchworktiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:32 AM   #24
Farmer's Wife
Registered Users
My Mood:

My 9 month old daughter has had one since birth on her left thigh, just above her knee. It was purple and raised quite a bit but has almost disappeared already! Its gone away way faster than what we expected it to. Lots of people asked what it was when it was summer and we showed her legs but I didn't mind. It looked like a bruise. She also has a stork bite (flat red mark) at the nape of her neck but her hair will one day cover that.
Also be careful to believe what doctors say sometimes. The first paediatrician that saw her when she was born said that it may have to be removed and that it could stunt the growth of that leg! He told us that right after her birth! So insensitive! Our chosen paediatrician thought that opinion was ludicrous and she was right!
Jill~Married the Love of My Life, Craig (03/27/10), Mama to Asher 01/07/11 & Esmé 04/15/12 & EDD 02/09/14
Farmer's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote