Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-26-2013, 10:42 AM   #11
Kfischer
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by my5sons
I'm listening! :-) It's bummed me out that hardly anyone has said much of anything in the due in Jan. group...the due date list hasn't been updated since July I think and there are a bunch of us who have yet to be added! :-( Anyhow...I know how it is having a pregnancy after several years since the last...there are about 6 years between DS2 and DS3 and it was like starting all over! I opted to not have a lot of tests too. I didn't bother with the quad screen. I mean, my husband and I both agreed that it doesn't matter if it comes back positive for Downs or whatever; it won't change anything, we'll still love this baby no matter what. I also chose not to have the flu or pertussis shots. Tomorrow will be ultrasound number 762! Well, 6 or 7, anyway ;-) I have a subchorionic hemorrhage that is still being watched, so I've had ultrasounds every visit, and because of that no pelvic exam at all. I am 31 weeks, so I don't know what that will mean when I am a few weeks from delivery, if that SCH is still there... This is pregnancy number 7 for me. We have 6 boys and we are ALL beyond excited to finally have a little girl joining this family! Although I probably won't know what the heck to do with her after all these boys...lol
Wow #7 go you... I'm dying with this being three cause its been so long, starting all over and I'm a lot older then when I had my other two and apparently that makes a huge difference lol.

Wow finally a girl Yes it is completely different but still how exciting, my youngest is a boy and it's been almost 9 years since I've had a little girl running around so my mind is frazzled lol...I have always said boys are easier then girls and looks like u get to test that theory out for me yes they are more dangerous haha with wanting to climb jump an all that fun stuff.

I'd love to have another ultrasound to see how she's doing but since everything is going well we won't get that chance. Hope all goes well for you and whenever you deliver that its a blessed experience with the outcome of a beautiful healthy baby girl

Advertisement

Kfischer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:45 PM   #12
my5sons
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How are the check-ups going...

Yeah, I can hardly believe this will be SEVEN...when we tell people they usually are amazed and don't know quite what to say ;-) A lot of people are really nice and say how wonderful, what a blessing, etc. but there are others who I can tell are feeling sorry for me, and thinking we are crazy, lol.

My midwife is so excited for me, although she said she's going to check back with me in about 10 years or so and ask me if I'm enjoying all the girl drama. :-) A few of my boys are quite dramatic though...my 13 yr old in particular is my dramatic, high maintenance hypochondriac...if I can survive him I think I'll be more than ready for whatever a girl can throw at me! LOL

So do you have any particular hopes or plans for this upcoming birth? We had a water birth with our last one and I am hoping to be able to do that again! It was in the hospital...I've considered homebirth and I love the idea of it but we live at least 20 min. from the nearest hospital...if something were to go wrong I don't think I could forgive myself. I bled pretty heavily after this last one also, so for me I just feel safer delivering in a hospital. I envy mamas who have homebirths though....I love the idea of being at home in comfortable surroundings. I know if I really wanted to do it my husband would go along with it but I know he too is fearful of the what-if's...especially with this subchorionic hemorrhage. It may not be an issue whatsoever but I guess I don't want to leave anything to chance...

Well, I didn't have an u/s today, I guess they made a mistake and it's actually scheduled for 2 weeks from now, but I'm on 2 week visits anyway so I saw my midwife and she seems pleased with hoe everything is going. I've been having a TON of Braxton Hicks contractions....how about you? And some of them get kind of painful! I don't think this baby will come early or anything, though. It's never been an issue as of yet, thank goodness. Although when I look at my belly I just don't see how I can possibly have 2 more months to go, because I already feel enormous!! ;-)
Old 11-26-2013, 04:43 PM   #13
MrsLove
Registered Users
seller

New to diaper swappers and noticed this group
Im 33 week with Baby #5! We have 4 boys, 10, 10, 7, 5.. So we have a nice gap with this one :/ .. It just took a lot longer then planned lol..
So far its been the hardest, I have been going to the Dr. every week since 27 weeks. To many Braxton hicks than the Dr. likes. But so far so good. Im physically measuring smaller then normal, yet I beg to differ. According to ultrasound little bean is 55%. Im thirilled with that, all my others were so large. This baby only likes to use the right side of the uterus. I swear im so uncomfortable on that side and under my ribs sometimes its unbarable. My tiwns were more comfortable than this lol. Im just counting down the weeks, homeschooling and stocking up on Cloth diapers. Cant wait until Jan 6 to see that beautiful face causing me so much discomfort Hope all is well with you all!
MrsLove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:31 PM   #14
my5sons
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Welcome to DS, MrsLove! :-) So do you know the gender of #5? It's so funny how every pregnancy can be so different. DS1 almost ALWAYS had his feet jammed up in my ribs! Some have been more active, some more quiet. This current baby feels like she is doing gymnastics in there! She's almost always wiggling and kicking! :-)

It's exciting that we're all getting closer to finally meeting these babies! BTW, your pics of your families are beautiful, MrsLove and Kfischer! :-)
Old 11-27-2013, 05:40 PM   #15
MrsLove
Registered Users
seller

We had one some what clear ultrasound that showed boy, it wasn't as good as the other boys, and ever since its little legs have been closed. I have everything ready for a boy, but there is still a slight chance we might be in for a surprise. My fundal height has not moved in a while which means I get at least one more US next week. I feel confident everything is ok, so we will see. It is crazy how different every baby is! obviously the wives tales are not very accurate. I cant believe you are on 7 and finally got that girl!! super exciting, poor little thing she wont be able to get away with anything lol!
Yall have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
Old 12-07-2013, 07:58 AM   #16
Kfischer
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by my5sons
Yeah, I can hardly believe this will be SEVEN...when we tell people they usually are amazed and don't know quite what to say ;-) A lot of people are really nice and say how wonderful, what a blessing, etc. but there are others who I can tell are feeling sorry for me, and thinking we are crazy, lol. My midwife is so excited for me, although she said she's going to check back with me in about 10 years or so and ask me if I'm enjoying all the girl drama. :-) A few of my boys are quite dramatic though...my 13 yr old in particular is my dramatic, high maintenance hypochondriac...if I can survive him I think I'll be more than ready for whatever a girl can throw at me! LOL So do you have any particular hopes or plans for this upcoming birth? We had a water birth with our last one and I am hoping to be able to do that again! It was in the hospital...I've considered homebirth and I love the idea of it but we live at least 20 min. from the nearest hospital...if something were to go wrong I don't think I could forgive myself. I bled pretty heavily after this last one also, so for me I just feel safer delivering in a hospital. I envy mamas who have homebirths though....I love the idea of being at home in comfortable surroundings. I know if I really wanted to do it my husband would go along with it but I know he too is fearful of the what-if's...especially with this subchorionic hemorrhage. It may not be an issue whatsoever but I guess I don't want to leave anything to chance... Well, I didn't have an u/s today, I guess they made a mistake and it's actually scheduled for 2 weeks from now, but I'm on 2 week visits anyway so I saw my midwife and she seems pleased with hoe everything is going. I've been having a TON of Braxton Hicks contractions....how about you? And some of them get kind of painful! I don't think this baby will come early or anything, though. It's never been an issue as of yet, thank goodness. Although when I look at my belly I just don't see how I can possibly have 2 more months to go, because I already feel enormous!! ;-)
Birthing plans are scheduled c section..I grew up thinking I had birthing hips but found out with my first that isn't the case neither of my kiddos fit in my pelvis which was unfortunate cause I wanted that experience...because we've been there twice hubby and I felt most comfortable just planning for another c section. He is freaking out that little miss may enter the world on her own due to her actually facing down and having dropped which neither of my others did that and all those damn Braxton hicks sooo terrible and painful in the third trimester aren't they? Ugh an I'm still working so I come home end of day and have swollen legss lol I have a data entry sit most of day type jobs. Hubby tells me everyday he doesn't know how I go to work everyday cause he knows how uncomfortable I am. NOW for the can't believe I have 2 months comment YES I'm right there with u. This has been my best body wise pregnancy yet but man am I still HUGE lol I pass a mirror and sometimes have to stop an go back to look because I just can't believe how enormous my belly has gotten BUT very thankful I can still function walking is a nightmare but that's to be expected sleeping or trying to is exhausting ugh I'm ready to have my front side back again lol.

Sorry took me awhile to reply been so buy getting through the work week and preparing for baby, Christmas and maternity leave work has to be in order. I agree with u on your dramatic son if u can handle that u will be totally fine!!

Going in January 7th ya for me...I'll work on what to pack soon and figuring what we are doing with kids (getting to school, getting picked up and sleeping arrangements) honestly tho I'm just trying to make it through the holiday first congrats again on ur expanding family first little Bo peep and ur clan of boys
Old 12-07-2013, 08:06 AM   #17
Kfischer
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLove
New to diaper swappers and noticed this group Im 33 week with Baby #5! We have 4 boys, 10, 10, 7, 5.. So we have a nice gap with this one :/ .. It just took a lot longer then planned lol.. So far its been the hardest, I have been going to the Dr. every week since 27 weeks. To many Braxton hicks than the Dr. likes. But so far so good. Im physically measuring smaller then normal, yet I beg to differ. According to ultrasound little bean is 55%. Im thirilled with that, all my others were so large. This baby only likes to use the right side of the uterus. I swear im so uncomfortable on that side and under my ribs sometimes its unbarable. My tiwns were more comfortable than this lol. Im just counting down the weeks, homeschooling and stocking up on Cloth diapers. Cant wait until Jan 6 to see that beautiful face causing me so much discomfort Hope all is well with you all!
Congrats - I too have a gap that wasn't intended
DD is 8 and DS is 6 but it simply wasn't working out as planned too much "trying to plan" probably and too much loss that we gave up and moved on with the idea two it is...then we for a Memorial Day surprise lol.

I am completely understanding with u on baby's size and all that...I'm thinking You'll catch up...when I had my US done to determine gender they said she was measuring small which threw me cause I don't have small babies and was concerned but then my baby and body caught up with one another and so now I'm measuring a week ahead and baby is on track to being over 8lbs(which I'm use too) do I feel much better about that.

Little miss too has a tendency to recline on one side more than the other it's crazy...weird visually lol and yes uncomfortable.
Braxton hicks have followed me for awhile during this pregnancy an I've never had a big issue with them before and honestly I'm glad doc says everything is fine But she's a little too laid back about then I like...it's like she's telling me "sorry lady deal with it for another month" when sometimes I feel like baby climbing out haha that damn side pain but no blood and no high blood pressure so she's not worried.

Congrats again and welcome to DS
Old 12-07-2013, 11:33 AM   #18
MrsLove
Registered Users
seller

Thanks kFisher!
I went in wensdays for a growth check and we went down in percent again, we are at 5lbs 42%. I know how inaccurate us can be, but I am A lot smaller this time. I'm very excited however Imight gget more useful out of my NB clothes. I am however cloth diapering so that's a little harder on little ones. My guess will be 7s somewhere. Honestly right about now I will be surprised if he makes it to the due date. I feel the same way, like he's going to fall out lol.. This baby has also just turned head down, I've Always had breech babies due to the shape of my pelvis. Makes me even more curious lol. Are they monitoring you on contraction machines, or checking your insides lol? Hope yall are enjoying the Holliday weathe , we'll had snow!
Old 12-08-2013, 04:57 PM   #19
my5sons
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't know about enjoying the weather here... I would have much preferred snow to all the ice and sleet we got instead! And I think there's more headed our way :-/

I have an appt with my midwife and yet another ultrasound this coming Tuesday.At my last appt my midwife asked if I was feeling a lot of pressure and I said, um, yeah!! half the time I feel like she's just going to fall out! Oh, if only birth were THAT easy...lol.

Anyone else been extra moody lately? I've been so cranky I'm getting on my own nerves!! I already struggle with (and take medication for) depression, so the crazy pregnancy hormones don't help things. I'm excited to meet this baby girl. And yet, I'm so nervous about going into labor...my husband thinks it's kind of funny since I've already gone through it several times! I don't care...it's still scary every time. The closer I get to labor the more I remember the pain and I start thinking, I KNOW how bad this hurts...why am I doing this again??? lol
Old 12-31-2013, 08:06 PM   #20
SweetPea14
Registered Users

Hi, I'm 37 and expecting #4 Jan. 20th (oldest just turned 18!). Last week I was 70% effaced and 1 cm dilated. I go back Thursday but I'm not sure I want to be checked again. The numbers really don't mean anything, and I usually have fast uncomplicated births. Since I have 3 boys, I'm ready for my girl to arrive for sure!

Cyndi
SweetPea14 is offline   Reply With Quote