Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-10-2014, 07:24 PM   #11
Registered Users
Somewhere to sleep. We had a bassinet but moved to a pack n play really quick (and they fold down to be super portable - and can be gotten for cheap).

Clothes (don't need much - mainly all-in-ones)

Carrier - when DS was small we used an ergo/bjorn. Now that he is older he prefers a stroller.

Car seat

Since you're obviously not BF, bottles and some way to clean them.

Everything else (washcloths, diaper pails, changing tables, etc ) you can make do without or substitute in items you already have.

I had a friend in a similar situation (had to stay in SC for three weeks after getting baby before adoption was finalized) and she said that Amazon Prime was also great for that "I need it tomorrow!" stuff.

Chichidc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:05 AM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: What Did You Need The First Month?

Thanks. I forgot about Amazon. Here in Canada there isn't as much stuff but their baby section is still really good
Michele (27) - - Waiting for #1 since March 2013 (My Single Mother By Choice Blog) - Follow my journey on YouTube
TTCing at home until spring/summer 2016, then moving onto IVF.
lugnut_9754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:30 AM   #13
Registered Users
Lots of sleepers. Both of my babies were changed 3ish times a day due to either diaper leaks or boob leaks. Not sure if bottle feeding a NB is as messy. I didn't dress them in anything but sleepers the first few weeks.

Big swaddle blankets. I like the aiden+anais (sp?) ones. Four is a good number for me.

Vibrating bouncer. This has doubled as a place to nap for both my babies.

And obviously car seat, feeding supplies, diapers and wipes. We like having a wipe warmer, too.

That's pretty much all we use still, and DS is 2 months old.
Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote