Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-01-2013, 12:26 PM   #1
Jpalagruto
Registered Users

My Mood:
Pocket Diapers for Newborns Help???

Hi Ladies-

I am hoping some of you have some good advise for me.
I am going back to work 6-8 weeks after I have my first baby and my
husband is going to work from home for a few months and take care
of our son. I would like to use the All in one size pocket diapers and have
already bought a few. Is this realistic? Will my baby really fit in one diaper
from birth to potty training? It sounds to good to be true. I am kind of
freaking out and feel like I need to have my complete stash of cloth diapers
ASAP, mostly because I want it to be easy for my husband when I go back to work. I fear coming home and he has broken down and bought disposable
diapers which would probably just make me cry ( I really dipise what they do to the planet). If anyone has any tips or advise of brands or whatever it would be well appreciated.

J

Advertisement

Jpalagruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #2
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Most one size diapers do not fit until baby hits 10+ lbs. generally baby will need NB size diapers for a few weeks and then can move up to OS.
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:18 PM   #3
nicolehedges
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pocket Diapers for Newborns Help???

DDC-I have some newborn pockets that I bought from Etsy and a couple of newborn sized Happy Flutes. They are really a lot smaller than OS. The Happy Flutes do have a snap down rise so they could fit pretty small. I have yet to use these...baby due in a couple of weeks.

SPAM ALERT!!!!!! I am on the fence with keeping them and using them.....thinking I will stick more to fitteds/covers. If you are interested in seeing them, please message me. Or if you want to know the Etsy store message me.....I do not remember where they are from at this moment.....pg brain.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:33 AM   #4
Kburgess
Registered Users
seller

I hated to do it but I bought a small back of newborn disposable diapers just to get by till my LO fit into his cloth
Kburgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:37 AM   #5
slk202
Registered Users
seller

There's no way my newborn would fit a one size diaper. She barely fits some of the size xs and small diapers I have. She is six weeks old and just now fits half of the newborn stash I have. I would definitely search ds for used newborn diapers for the first couple months. I have some prefolds but my husband cannot figure them out so if yours is goin to be home alone I would say aio and pockets are a good idea.
slk202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:07 AM   #6
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DDC here...but I agree...you need to get some true nb size dipes. Fitteds and covers, AIOs, or pockets would be best for a dad at home alone. I'd start out with the AIOs or pockets, but he could probably get the hang of fitteds and covers fine in a short amount of time. Don't think I would even dare try to teach a dad how to use a pf with a cover. Even though I'm expecting this baby to be much bigger than her siblings were at birth, I'm still expecting for her to be nb to nb/s for quite a while before she'll be ready to go into her OS dipes.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:59 PM   #7
litlckrets
Registered Users
seller
seller

My sons were both 8.5 and 8 lbs at birth and still needed newborn size diapers for 4-6 weeks or so. I imagine my 3rd will be about the same, so we'll start with nb size prefolds, fitteds and even a few AIO.

You probably won't use the NB size for very long so it may seem like you shouldn't spend the money. However, I think it's well worth it. And if you buy used (but excellent condition) NB diapers, you can likely sell them when you're done for about the same amount as you bought them.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #8
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah I would say by the time you goto work your child may be able to fit into the OS diapers but not likely at birth unless you child is 10+ lbs at birth. My son was 8.5lbs at birth (above the weight limit for most OS diapers) and he didn't fit into them until his third week.

If you want to avoid sposies completely maybe get some newborn prefolds and thristies duo or RAR covers (these only $10 each) to get to into the OS diapers....
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! 2T Nght Fitted Trainer, XL Wool Soaker, Baby Wearing
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote