Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-08-2014, 04:55 PM   #1
eflannery
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Help choosing a fitted please!

I am considering trying a fitted overnight for dd. Right now a bamboo prefold + a geffen baby super absorber holds her but it is SO bulky. During the night she mostly sleeps on her belly so she wets all in the front and nothing in the back.
I would like it to be as stay dry feeling as possible. I *think* I am going to look for fleece or interlock wool for covers.
She is nearly 1 year and weighs about 21-22lbs. She goes from 8pm-8am w/o a change.
Want something soft but durable and not like $50 a diaper.
Suggestions?
TIA!!

Advertisement

Mama to Regan Louise Born July 5, 2007
Quinn Annmarie : Born March 30th, 2013
and Callan Mark Born May 28th, 2015
eflannery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:26 AM   #2
lemonpoppyseed
Registered Users
seller

Re: Help choosing a fitted please!

We love the Kissaluv contours for our 22 month old. They are absorbent enough for over night, and he's a pretty heavy wetter. Because they don't have snaps, it's easier to get a snug fit than with their regular fitteds.
lemonpoppyseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:42 AM   #3
holocene
Registered Users

A lot of people love Sbish OBF's, but I've never been much of a fan. I prefer their snapless, but it wasn't absorbent enough alone for my older baby last year. (when we were still doing cloth overnight)

What did work for him was a size 2 bamboozle with a padfolded bamboo flat laid inside, under an sbish soaker.

A super absorbent fitted/wool combination is likely going to be close in bulk to your current set up though.
holocene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:53 AM   #4
MIpiccolo44
Registered Users
seller
seller

I really like fitteds made by soothebaby on etsy. They are absorbent and stay dry material, plus super cute and her customs are really fast.i honk they are about $25 a diaper. I can usually just use them as they are, lately baby has been sick, so she's drinking more and sleeping longer, so I've added an extra doubler between the fitted and the wool, but I also use just under woolies as a wool cover, which are a lot thinner. If I used a thicker cover I probably wouldn't need the extra doubler.
MIpiccolo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 04:00 PM   #5
thedivinefemme
Registered Users

You can't go wrong with Motherease. I would look into the Sandy's in bamboo, either small or large. Technically small only goes up to 20 lbs, but I see a lot of moms saying that their baby is a few pounds over and the smalls still fit better than the larges.
thedivinefemme is offline   Reply With Quote