Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-08-2014, 02:21 PM   #1
mandmsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Need Pocket Stuffing Ideas for an Older Toddler

I have decided to cloth diaper my 4 year old autistic son that is still in diapers full time. I need pocket diaper insert ideas that don't cost a ton and are absorbent enough for an older toddler. He isn't an extremely heavy wetter, but he isn't a baby. With the few diapers I have right now I am using one mf insert and one sunbaby bamboo insert with a small bamboo doubler and he never soaks though those. I like that combo, but I don't really want to have to order more bamboo inserts all the way from china. Any ideas would be appreciated. :-) TIA

Advertisement

I'm Andrea- Special Needs CDing, Extended Harnessing, Homeschooling, NON-circumcising, SAHM to my beautiful little red headed princess Mylee Memphis (02/19/08) and my extra special Autistic little man Maverick Machai (11/30/09) and wife to Dustin since 05/12/07. We love our M&M babies!!!
mandmsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 02:52 PM   #2
MamaRaisingFarmers
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Need Pocket Stuffing Ideas for an Older Toddler

I have used prefolds but I preferred using a best bottom insert and a microfiber insert underneath I have snaps on my microfibers so they just connected to the best bottom and stuffed in!
Just recently ordered a few charcoal bamboo inserts and we used one overnight last night in a cover sandwiched between a capri insert but no leaks and the whole insert wasn't even wet it really locked in the moisture!
Good luck!
MamaRaisingFarmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 04:16 PM   #3
mamatoclaire
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'd think a large bamboo prefold would work

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 03-08-2014, 04:54 PM   #4
mandmsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatoclaire View Post
I'd think a large bamboo prefold would work

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
This is definitely an option that I was thinking about!
I'm Andrea- Special Needs CDing, Extended Harnessing, Homeschooling, NON-circumcising, SAHM to my beautiful little red headed princess Mylee Memphis (02/19/08) and my extra special Autistic little man Maverick Machai (11/30/09) and wife to Dustin since 05/12/07. We love our M&M babies!!!
Old 03-08-2014, 04:58 PM   #5
Alikhlas
Registered Users
seller

I think bamboo flats would be good..trimmer than pf and they'd wash easier from stinky toddler pee!
Alikhlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 05:11 PM   #6
mandmsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

OK so any brand suggestions for the bamboo prefolds? Imagine, Diaper Rite or GMD? The Grovias are too pricey. What size would I get to stuff a OS Alva with the rise all the way unsnapped? Thanks!
Old 03-08-2014, 05:14 PM   #7
mandmsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alikhlas View Post
I think bamboo flats would be good..trimmer than pf and they'd wash easier from stinky toddler pee!
Hmmm...I didn't think about bamboo flats. Would the absorbancy on the flats be more or less than a bamboo prefold? Where can you get them from?
Old 03-08-2014, 05:20 PM   #8
bookwookie
Registered Users

I have the Imagine (Nicki's) medium bamboo prefolds that I stuff into BG pockets, and I do have 1 Alva pocket - I think they would work well. (The BG flip organic cotton night time prefolds would work well too)

The only problem with stuffing the Alva with a prefold rather than an insert is that the pocket opening is small (narrow), so the prefold can sort of twist around a bit as you are trying to stuff it into the pocket, and you have to sort of flatten it out again. It is a difference from stuffing it with a narrower insert. HTH

Last edited by bookwookie; 03-08-2014 at 05:26 PM.
bookwookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:47 AM   #9
kirst
Registered Users
seller

Motherease Bamboo terry "liners" are 5x 15 inserts. Thirsties hemp inserts are 6 layers of hemp-cotton jersey and are very absorbent but affordable- also 5x15". I like to layer one ME bamboo on top of a Thirsties hemp insert in pockets. Holds my heavy wetter for 2 hrs.

Last edited by kirst; 03-09-2014 at 11:48 AM.
kirst is offline   Reply With Quote