Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-09-2007, 02:31 PM   #21
momoffaith5
Banned
seller

Re: Looking for advice from Mamas with many little blessings

aw mama,i have 5 kids and besides the few things i sell here we live off of dh's income. until about a year ago dh only made $350-$400 a week for the family,we lived comfortably for years on next to nothing,we didn't even have a vehicle until 5 yrs ago. well now my dh is just settling into his first week at a new job. selling life insurance. and we own our home and 2 vehicles now.
of course our home is just a large mobile home,and my caravan is a 2002 model,but our truck is a 2005/2006 model. things aren't anymore harder with 5 kids as it was with 2 kids and so on.of course we owe everything to our Lord. so i say if you feel you would want more then let that be that. only you and your dh can make that decision no matter what anyone says.
God bless

Advertisement

momoffaith5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 02:57 PM   #22
SorenEdenTuckers
Registered Users

My Mood:

My advice is this, don't ever let anyone else dictate your future happiness.
If you want more children, then have as many as your heart can hold.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:36 PM   #23
assistantcoach
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi Heather,

I just want to say that according to the Bible, children are blessings from the Lord! My dh and I believe this with all our hearts and are currently expecting #8! We have never been without the necessities and most of our "desires". He always provides when we are obedient to Him. I would like to recommend a book to you entitiled: "A Full Quiver" by Rick and Jan Hess. Also, if you'd like Christian support for having many children, you can go to www.momys.com . I am a member and they are like famliy to me! If you'd like to pm me to ask more questions please feel free.

Maria
assistantcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 03:55 PM   #24
thirdtimemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by assistantcoach View Post
Hi Heather,

I just want to say that according to the Bible, children are blessings from the Lord! My dh and I believe this with all our hearts and are currently expecting #8! We have never been without the necessities and most of our "desires". He always provides when we are obedient to Him. I would like to recommend a book to you entitiled: "A Full Quiver" by Rick and Jan Hess. Also, if you'd like Christian support for having many children, you can go to www.momys.com . I am a member and they are like famliy to me! If you'd like to pm me to ask more questions please feel free.

Maria
I was going to point her to MOMYS too! Im not an official MOMYS yet, I only have 4, but you can be a Read Only MOMYS and get their digest of posts from other large families. I really have benifited from it.
My issue with family size comes from the word "control" in birth control. I dont want control. I want the LORD to have control KWIM? I always say "we'll just wait and see what the Lord brings." When pp ask are we done yet.
thirdtimemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 04:06 PM   #25
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicksasc View Post
I don't see why it is anyone elses business. .
EXACTLY!!!!!! Mama, if you want more and you guys can make it work, I say go for it. We have two, aren't a very high income family but we are comfy and working towards being debt-free(just cars left! ). I want more. . . . now! Younger dd is 28months and I thought the time to start was a year ago. I"m waiting because of dh. Hopefully soon. He's more with those people who think that we should be done because we aren't making $500K a year. I say, go for the BFP! Try for that next babe if you want it. You don't have to answer to anyone. It's your life. If you and dh aren't done, don't be done!
Old 05-09-2007, 05:09 PM   #26
Shanna
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorenEdenTuckers View Post
My advice is this, don't ever let anyone else dictate your future happiness.
If you want more children, then have as many as your heart can hold.
Shanna, loving wife and Mommy to Tanner 7-03, Jenna 4-05, our sweetheart in heaven, and Nathan 1-08. Check out my ETSY shop nicely stocked with wetbags for diapers AND kitchen, "unpaper" towels galore and fun burlap accessories for the home!
Shanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:47 PM   #27
mommyto7littlestinkers
Registered Users

My Mood:

IM JUST GONNA GO AHEAD AND SAY IF YOU WAIT UNTIL YOU HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO HAVE KIDS YOULL NEVER HAVE THEM I HAVE 7 AND HOPE TO HVE MORE I DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS TO ME ABOUT IT(EVEN MY MOM WHO DEALS ME GREIF)WE LIVE IN A MANUFACTURED HOME WHICH WE OWN .WE HAVE VERY LITTLE BUT WE HAVE EACH OTHER AND WE KNOW GOD WONT GIVE US ANY MORE THAN WE CAN HANDLE.YOU DONT HAVE TO HAVE ALOT OF MONEY TO MAKE IT WORK ONLY THE WILL.MINE AINT NEVER DONE WITHOUT.SO DONT WORRY ABOUT WHAT OTHERS SAY THE LAST THING YOU WANT TO DO IS HAVE REGRETS WHEN YOUR TOO OLD TO HAVE THEM.EACH CHILD IS A BLESSING AND YOU TAKE ALL THE BLESSINGS GOD SENDS YOUR WAY.

Last edited by mommyto7littlestinkers; 05-30-2007 at 11:05 PM.
mommyto7littlestinkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 11:11 PM   #28
mama2six
Registered Users
Formerly: mama2five

My Mood:

I'm 30, dh is 34, and we have 5 children. We're not Rich (even though dh's name is rich lol) by any means, he makes about 37k per year, we bought our first house almost 2 years ago, he has a p.o.s. car that's paid for and i have my van that we are paying for. I've heard the "this is it right?" and "oh you're so stupid for not getting 'fixed'" comments after each and every child. My kids may not have the most expensive stuff.....I thrive for garage sales lol....but they are happy, and healthy and they never 'want' for much so we must not be doing too bad of a job. To be honest, I'd like to have another
Old 05-30-2007, 11:15 PM   #29
msmamabear
Registered Users
seller

I have not read all the previous posts, but we are getting the same thing. We have a boy and a girl and everyone says we are done and the perfect size family yada yada. I am only 23 and I want more kids. Period. My husband and I always wanted 3 kids spaced 2-3 years apart and so thats still our plan. We don't have tons of money, but my parents didn't either and I am the oldest of 5, of course my dad came into his own in the dot.com boom and are now very well off with my younger siblings (me 23 youngest 8). I feel like God will bless us with children and ways to provide for them. Of course we aren't to the far extreme of not practicing birth control, just cause extreme fertility is in our history, first time no bc got son and first month trying for #2 we got pregnant w/ twins (one stopped growing at 8 weeks and is probably the reason I am determined to have more children...).
msmamabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 11:58 PM   #30
Jewelgurl137
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We hear that all the time. My MIL is persistent that we have to buy a home, cuz it's pointless to rent, and other ppl say how since we now have 1 girl and 1 boy that we have the "perfect family." I tell all of them that we will do as we please. My DH and I are only 20 years old, but we are just fine according to me. We live off of DH's income, cuz I'm a SAHM; have some debt...who doesn't; have a 2002 vehicle...new to us; and ARE HAPPY! Who has a right to tell us how to live?

My parents had 7 children. My mom was a SAHM to us...and homeschooled us, while my dad was minister (after some other jobs when I was really young). We were never rich, didn't get everything we wanted, and always had older vehicles, but God always provided. We always had what we needed, plus presents under the tree at Christmas and also presents on our birthdays. We were taught that life isn't about money. It is about living a fullfilling life.

I believe that God will provide no matter what. He has so far for my parents, who still have 5 of their 7 kids at home due to them being underage (but my mom does now work since she wants to), and now my little family with my husband and kids. If you want more kids then go for it. No one knows what is right for you and your family. I know that I've told my MIL more than one time that we ARE going to have more kids and we AREN'T buying a house right now just for the sake of owning a house, cuz we can't afford more than a fixer upper in our neck of the woods so to speak. LOL!

Good luck!