View Poll Results: what age did you leave the kids overnight?
0-2 months 6 4.41%
2-4 months 12 8.82%
6-12 months 10 7.35%
1 year + 75 55.15%
Never left my kids overnight 33 24.26%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-13-2013, 11:56 PM   #41
HugeBabyBoy
Registered Users
seller

25 months because I was having baby #2.

Baby #2, 14 months - haven't left him yet!

Advertisement

HugeBabyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:56 PM   #42
tazzae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: what age did you leave child overnight?

Dd was EBF and did not take a bottle. I spent 2 night away from dd (dh was home with her) when she had just turned 3, she was still nursing. I think she was 4 1/2 before both dh and I were gone overnight--she stayed with grandma. She spent a week at her grandparents house when she was 6, and each year since then. At 8 we sent her unaccompanied on a 1 hour plane ride to visit her other grandma for a week.

I too was surprised at all the options under a year. That was way too young for us (EBF dd and me).
Old 03-14-2013, 12:55 AM   #43
BinahYeteirah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinahYeteirah View Post
My five kids are aged 10 years down to 7 months, and I've never been away from any of them overnight.
I just remembered that my oldest attended a sleepover birthday party a couple years ago, so I was away from her that night.
BinahYeteirah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:21 AM   #44
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:
I think the first time I was away from DD1 for a night she was just three. My mother in law paid for the entire family to go on a trip for 3 days, but I had just started a new work contract and couldn't even think about asking for time off, so DH took her without me. She was without me but with her daddy and her grandparents, aunts uncles and cousins.

The first time she was without either parent she was 4, and had a sleepover with her closest cousin. She's not yet been away from us other than with family - she slept at my SIL's, my sister's, and at my mother's.

The youngest is still breastfed. The longest I was away from her so far was 3 hours so I could see Les Mis with my mother and sister.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:23 AM   #45
lookatreestar
Registered Users

3.5 or so for both of them, and just at my parents house. Dd almost 6 just spent the night at my grandmas a couple weeks ago. I am so not ready for friend sleep overs :P

lookatreestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:19 AM   #46
Arabesque
Registered Users

My Mood:
DS was 22 months, and my parents came over to our place to watch him while DH and I went to the hospital when DD was born.

DD is 17 months and has never been away from us overnight.

I'd love to have an overnight away from the kids, but my parents aren't really interested in having them at their place, and I doubt the kids would sleep there anyway.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:33 AM   #47
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

#1= left him for the first time when he was 14 months old, as I was having Baby #2

#2= left him for the first time when he was 5 months old because #2 had surgery and we had to stay overnight at hospital, then again when he was 19 months old because I was having #3

#3= left him for the first time when he was 16 (almost 17) months old because I was having #4

#4= haven't left her overnight yet and she is 17 months old (probably because I haven't given birth again). I will leave her overnight next month when I have to be at a banquet (staying at a hotel... so exciting... a break from all 4 and I didn't even have to pop out another baby!).

ETA: I would have soooo left the last 3 kids overnight sooner than I did if dh's family was comfortable babysitting babies overnight! My family isn't close by so they aren't an option.

Last edited by raisingcropsandbabies; 03-14-2013 at 08:35 AM.
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #48
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
DS1 was 6m when he stayed with my mom overnight for New Years. And then 14m he second time, when I was in labor with DS2.

DS2 never has. He's 6m.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:12 PM   #49
hilaryisinked
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
sitesupporter
seller
seller

21 months but I was at the hospital giving birth to her sister. Other than that, never.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 03-15-2013, 12:14 PM   #50
keonli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS was 4 when he began asking if he could sleep over at my 2 sisters' houses and my parents' so DH and I let him. Last month was actually the very first time he slept over at my in laws'. We are less than an hour away from everyone, so it's not a big deal to us and now that we have DD, we are welcoming it more.

ETA: My first time away from DS was actually when he was only 7 or 8 months old. I had to attend a conference across the country. He stayed with DH then, with my mom helping out.

Last edited by keonli; 03-15-2013 at 12:15 PM.
keonli is offline   Reply With Quote